Here to say Hello!

420fortoday

Hello all!
I am a new member, however, I am a long time thread user haha! I have been using the thread for multiple different guides and information, but now the time has come to join the community and get some of my future questions resolved! I hope to meet many new and exciting people! -Ron

Hi 420fortoday and welcome to 420 Forums.. and ask away on those questions...tons of knowledgeable folks here for sure, not to mention your input as well !

WELCOME:thumb:

Hey welcome to the forums and glad you joined. Here you will find everything you are looking for and there are more then enough people to answer your questions at almost anytime of the day or night. I try to make myself available most of the day and if Im not on I come back to check every few hours. Have you decided what method you would like to grow? I personally prefer organic as I find the buds taste better using natural products instead of manmade ones although usually it is just a matter of preference. Again welcome to the forums and I look forward to reading your grow journal if you have any questions pop on by my journal. Take care

Hello 420fortoday. Its about time... Lol joking. Nice to see you here. Happy Growing to you and ALL others

Welcome to the forum Ron.

Welcome to the site, as you can see it's one of the friendliest sites with the most knowledgable folks on the web! I look forward to hearing about your grow. Best of luck!

Hello all! I am still trying to learn how to grow and, I'm sad to say, I don't know how long it will take. I want to learn everything front and back before I attempt! I am more interested toward the kitchen side. I want to experiment and make many different things! I know there are many knowledgeable people on this site and I hope to use their knowledge in my future experiments!

You will never know it all. Just when you think you have some thing learned new info is put out or tech changes and everything evolves. So many tricks to the trade out there and so much room for improvisation.

Get the basics in command; lighting, environmental control, crop control techniques like fim lst scrog sog....

Best way is hands on experience learn as you grow. Start off with some bagseed so you are investing in high $$ seeds an kill them off.

Like the ambition 420. There is so much to learn but this is the right place to do it. I dont know if someone could learn every aspect of growing but you sure can learn more then enough to grow some killer buds and be the envy of those you choose to smoke with(or bake for). I learnt and read books and countless webpages for a whole year before I even planted my first seed. Youtube also has tons of instructional videos for you to watch. Search Ed rosenthal,jorge cervantes, professor lee just as a few. You can find led to hps comparisons. If you are trying to go budget I would advise to start with a few cfl. If you have the funds for a large initial investment upfront to have a light that will last for a long time and low energy cost then go led. If you do go led then you want a panel with 3 watt diodes minimum 5 watt diodes are ideal but they will cost more but the light penetration into the canopy will be far superior. For the cfl I would advise 200 watt cfl with a horizontal reflector.

Thanks for the advice Smoke! Same to you Joe! I personally wont attempt growing for at least a year i feel, but I might get a little project together :Rasta: :cheer: Overall, however, I want to try to make some of my own pain cream, hopefully make some edibles and my main goal is to learn as much as possible! I know I don't have the knowledge as most people on this community, but I will still try to give my knowledge as much as possible! :thumb:

Yeah just keep learning. There is enough advice to start up a crop right away. I will help you to keep them healthy. You will do fine. I waited so long because I did not have a community such as this site for support I had to rely on trial and error. My first 3 grows never even made it to flower. The 3rd grow made it to the day I was about to switch it over. My issue was I underwatered because I was so afraid to overwater and the plants became crispy and suffered nutrient lockouts.

Welcome Ron ,
This is my first year growing and :420: is the place to be .
U might want to try some Auto's , they need little to no care ( soil medium & water ).I just finished mini-gun auto's and they turn out great sweet smoke. And they were done from seedlings to harvest 2.5 months :thumb:
U might want to try some CDB seeds, they have awesome healing properties :yahoo:
Time spent here is well spent :hookah: . If u grow green , this is the place:welcome:
Cheers
J

Thanks again for the help Joe! Glad to know you are here to help me out! I plan on buying everything at once, I just, sadly, need to save money to begin. I was laid off and am now working part time :phew: . Mzx thanks for the quick advice! Hopefully when i get enough money saved for the setup i will try out the CBD seeds. How much do you guys think a small, decent setup would cost?

20.00 for enough really good soil for about 4-6 plants about 160 for 2 200 watt cfl with reflectors. Maximize that light using a room with flat white paint or you can use tinfoil or preferably mylar which is a bit more expensive or if you have a dog it is usually the coating on the inside of the dogfood bag just turn it around and tape it or use thumbtacks. Thats it. I use plastic cat litter containers for my pots so i didnt have to buy many.

So all in all about 200 bucks to get a few plants going or you can grow less plants and cut costs even further.

Yep , smokerJoe is right on :thumb: Some things u see here have taken years :winkyface:
There here to share with us . I met a good dozen of folks that help me grow :adore::adore: . I locked out my ladies twice on first grow and they got me back (3 1/2 oz per plant & I add way too much Canady buds)
Read some more journals, grows , etc.. ( type what u want to find ,cfl lighting , tents ...). It will help to through the hole process . I've been a smoker (only weed) since 1985 and it so much nicer to know what inside the weed .
The only thing I would say to look up is Do u like indica or Sativa ( they give off different buzzz's). And Keep it simple :hookah:
Hope to see ur journal soon :reading420magazine:
P.S -Try out some auto's , just add water, soil and some Cfl's .

Welcome aboard

Cheers
J

Thanks again Joe! I actually started watching a couple of videos and began to learn a little. I started looking throughout the forums as well and hope to begin in a couple of months, hopefully! :thanks: :thumb:

Cool. Just let me know when you do start so I can subscribe to your journal and be of assistance if you decide you need it. Again welcome to the site.

Thanks Joe! Also I will let you know when I do begin!

Mzxsdi, sorry i forgot to come to the second page, silly me haha, but thanks for the advice and I will begin to start looking at journals as well! I will try autoseeds sometime in the near future, i hope!

Back
Top Bottom