Here's my plan (closet setup)

I pulled my 1 of my fans off the intake (the slower one) and covered up the hole in my box where the fan was with tape. The slow fan is now being used for circulation inside the box, the two faster 9" fans I left for ventilation, 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust.

Where might I go to find some (active) carbon so I can build a filter?
I want to use chicken wire to construct the frame for the filter, then wrap the filter material around the chicken wire, and either sew or strap the material to the wire. I saw the idea on here somewhere..

I visited a few local hydro stores today, only found the real big ones for massive grow setups. There was something that would suit my closet, only problem is it was $140, so bugger that. I just found some universal size charcoal / carbon cooker hood filter for only a few $$ on ebay, I'm gonna order some :)

I was going by these directions, originally posted by dodgy trixta here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Moose
^can you post a tutorial?

ok this is for MOOSE

things needed:
2footx3foot of chicken wire
2x cooker hood crbon filter pads from any good hardware store
grease filter paper usually comes in a kit with the filter pads
duct tape
large needle and thread

ok first off you are going to decide on the size you want!!?

then you are going to gut the chicken wire into a square that masures 2 x 2 feet
now roll the cicken wire into a cylinder the size of your fan eg 100mm=4inch
then tie or bend over the ends of the wire locking it in place,if you like you can thread the edge
now roll the carbon filter pads around the wire tubeand use the needle and thread to sew it up

ok now u have a wire mesh tube with the carbon pads wraped around it

take the other pad and cut a circle out of it
this will be used as the end of the tube sew it up as before
ok now use the tape to wrap around the end of the tube that will be connected to your fan which will give a nice seel

ok now take the grease filter paper and do the same thing the paper will act as the dust filter and the carbon will remove odors
after u have applied the paper u will want to use duct tape to seel the edges of all joins.!!!!

easy ay and will only cost around £10-15 hope this helps ya all!!!!!!!!

Thanks heaps for the offer to help mate :) I'll let you know if I need any help or if I have any troubles :p

:peace:

Ok so I finally reckon I got to the stage where I could get my watering correct :p
The top 3" of the soil in the pot was bone-dry, and the leaves were starting to droop. This was 2 days ago on Sunday the 6th. So I bottom-fed her with 1.5L of rainwater and 1.5ml of high-strength bloom nutes (weightplus potassium & phosphorus). This is the 2nd time I've dosed her with the correct flowering nutes and she's just going berzerk with flowers all over the place! See I've been feeding her with high N food throughout most of the budding phase (idiot) so it's like now she's getting the right nutes, and she's making up for lost bud growth :laughtwo: This'll take even longer before I get to harvest, but hey, you live you learn ;-)

I was really surprised at how quickly she soaked up the nutrient solution from the bottom tray. First I added 1L and that was gone in under an hour! Then I topped her with another .5L which took till the next morning to be completely soaked up by the plant. I will continue to feed/water her in this way until harvest. I just have a question when it comes to pre-harvest flushing; Should I flush the medium by watering the pot from above? Or is it ok to just water(flush) from the tray?

Cheers!

Hey StonyGeoff86, flush from the top. Bottom watering is considered desirable because the plants dump salts into the top soil layer, from what I understand. When you flush you'll use so much water that those salts will be washed free of the soil and drain out the bottom, which is a good thing before harvest. :peace:

Aspire I'm actually using individual A4 sheets of white printing paper to reflect light at the moment :p I had heaps lying around. That was temporary instead of using foil. Wow if mylar sheets are that cheap I'm gonna have to get me some :-D Emergency thermal blanket you say?

Thanks for the tip and the extra info FreakNature :)

Greenacres tell me about it, f**k can these plants take a beating!

Terrible awful shocking news.. I had to pull her early due to a house inspection I have coming up, and silly me took some advice from a grower friend who advised me it was ok to extract hash from a "wet-harvest" but I don't think this applies to the bubble bag method, which is what I used unfortunately.. Poo poo poo

It's ok, I set aside a few buds and speed-dried them just to see what they came out like. Not too bad :) They definately got me high, only they had terrible taste and smell due to fast-drying. It's ALL good though cos I've needed an excuse to pull her and get started on my next grow already! LOL

I will be getting my next grow started in a few weeks, I've got some clones standing by for me. Before I do anything I'll start a new thread and share my ideas/plans for the grow, cos I'll need some good advice so I don't get started off on the wrong foot this time :p

Peace Everyone :-D
:peace: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom