Hermaphrodite seeds

Cannablitz

If I grow seeds from a hermaphrodite, will the plants automatically turn out to be hermaphrodite's?
A friend of mine gave me some Kush seeds. He collected them from a 1/4 pound he bought. The guy he bought the kush from said the plant was a hermaphrodite.

I believe those are considered feminized seeds, and they are more likely to become females then males. Someone correct me if I'm incorrect. It's either those seeds are feminized or you grow those seeds out and breed them again to get feminized...I'm not too certain.

Thanks for the reply, I really hope your right. I've already germinated & planted them. There's one that just sprouted out of the soil today:yahoo:

If I grow seeds from a hermaphrodite, will the plants automatically turn out to be hermaphrodite's?
A friend of mine gave me some Kush seeds. He collected them from a 1/4 pound he bought. The guy he bought the kush from said the plant was a hermaphrodite.

Hermis produce more hermis. You may get lucky, but the odds are against it.

They will be fems since there is no male chromosome present.

"I" am not a big fan of feminized seeds. Look at the vast majority of hermi threads, most include 'feminized' somewhere in the thread.

YMMV

DD

I finally have an update. Sorry it took so long but I've gone through a tone of bullshit with these kush seeds.
I started the seeds in a brand new bag of Miracle Grow I bought from Wal-Mart. A few weeks later I noticed some spots on some of my vegetating plants, after a closer look I noticed I had Thrips.
I know the Thrips came from the bag of soil because I have never had Thrips before, hell this was the first time I've ever seen them in person. I had started 27 seedlings & every single one had Trips crawling on them, plus they had only started to spread on the plants right beside them. I quickly went to my local hardware store & they sold me some concatenated insecticidal soap, which worked ok except it nearly killed all my seedlings.
I have taking my 2 best seedlings & cloned them. I put the clones under 12/12 light & both are female. I didn't seen any sings of males parts, but I only let the clones flower for about 4-5 weeks. Here's a picture of my new mother (knock on wood). I have 2 clones I put in to flowering 2 weeks ago. I'll try to get pictures just before I chop em. I don't own a digital camera so it's hard for me to take pictures. I had my cousin take this one with his iphone.
photo73.jpg

to stop the problem of soil borne pests. bake the soil at 300f for 3hrs. put it in a BIG ASS roaster in your oven to do this. it will kill every pest/egg/larva in it.
Thanks for the tip! I don't actually grow in soil I only used the soil to start my seeds after that I transplanted them to hydro. If I ever buy soil again I'll be sure to roast it first:thumb:
I'm happy to say I'm bug free. The soap I bought did a good job killing most of the bugs, but to totally kill them all I had to bug bomb them. I also cleaned my room's with soap & water, & then I bought a Shark steam cleaner to finish the job. I'm also using Mosquito Dunks in my reservoir for precautionary measures.
So far I haven't seen any bugs since, I just hope it stays that way. Thrips are nasty bugs lol.

I have a hermie...they produce female seeds on the female next to it. They femenize the female. 99.9% Femz. make a shyt load of Femz n crow grazy!

Back
Top Bottom