Hermaphrodite

Wayne1967

Had 3 auto females and one seed fell out why I was trimming. I planted it and it grew but it isn’t flowering after about 2 months. Can a non-auto plant come from an auto? Light schedule has been 18/6

Can a non-auto plant come from an auto?

Sure. The gene that is responsible for the autoflowering trait is recessive, though, so an autoflowering plant must have a pair, having received one from each parent (or both from the one parent, if the seed it came from was created by selfing).

Therefore, to create a non-autoflowering plant from an auto mother, it would have to have been pollinated from a non-autoflowering parent. When that happens, all the progeny is photoperiodic.

Suspect that pollen got carried in from an outside source. It happens occasionally, unless your grow is in a class three clean room and you take the same precautions that the people working with biological nasties do when entering/leaving the space.

EDIT: Could be a sport that "just needs a little help to start flowering," of course. Or one that takes a considerably longer period of time to begin on its own (some of those turn out to be monsters, lol). Or one that is sensitive to environmental conditions, and its flowering has been delayed by something such as a little too much nitrogen. Who knows...

I was looking for an answer to the same question - thank you! In my case, I believe my Feminized Auto Widow from MSNL produced a couple of seeds because of stress or perhaps old age (over ripening). It was an outdoor grow (urban rooftop) so in my estimation it is highly unlikely it was pollinated - I had no males in the run. One of the Fem Auto Widow seeds is germinating now - taproot popped in 24 hrs. Gonna let it grow indoors this winter and see what happens.

Most likely you are right many fem seeds will throw male pollen without even knowing it. But now that cannabis is legal in a lot of the world rogue male pollen can travel thousands of miles before it pollenates your plants. Mine got rogued this summer and I got a plant with hybrid vigor from the seed and she is female here she is save those seeds.

Back
Top Bottom