Hermi Question

Supernaut

Can a plant be destined to turn hermi? Can it be that a plant will go hermi even though it's been given ideal growing condition because of crappy genetics or being grown from the seed of another hermi?

I'm on day 20 of flowering and just today noticed a couple plants are now showing a male sex. My dark cycle is dark with no interruptions. Temp/Rh/Ph and everything else is right where it should be.

The seeds I got are a bit suspect. Not from a bank or anything, from another grower. Could they have been destined to be hermi from the start?

Can a plant be destined to turn hermi? Can it be that a plant will go hermi even though it's been given ideal growing condition because of crappy genetics or being grown from the seed of another hermi?

I'm on day 20 of flowering and just today noticed a couple plants are now showing a male sex. My dark cycle is dark with no interruptions. Temp/Rh/Ph and everything else is right where it should be.

The seeds I got are a bit suspect. Not from a bank or anything, from another grower. Could they have been destined to be hermi from the start?

Yes.

Parentage can play a part for any plant/strain.

Some strains are known for it (to one degree or another). From "a few initial male flowers and then a few more near harvest time" to "I seem to have a new hobby: Plucking balls off of my plant(s) every time I turn around!"

Lastly, it is somewhat common to see an otherwise stable female plant produce a few male flowers if you flower it long enough (call it Survival Through Emergency Parthenogenesis if you like) and to produce even more if you let it flower even longer.

OK, so basically, some plants will grow a few balls early and some later on. Would these be plants you would pull from your grow? I found a couple sacks that I had missed and they have opened up. Do you think I'm looking at a crop that is totally full of seeds or a bearable amount?

I read a lot of things that were saying that the pistils will begin to turn brown shortly after they are pollinated, is that a rule of thumb? In other words, will they always turn brownish if pollinated? It's been 3 days since I found the opened nanners and there has been no color change in my pistils thus far.

I also read that many times, a clone from a hermi plant may not go hermi itself, unless it is stressed. What are your thoughts on this?

The thing I can't figure out is what stress is causing the change. My temps/rh/ph/nutes/lights are about as close to perfect as I can get it. I did trim a couple larger fan leaves off to allow more light to penetrate further at about day 14 of flowering. I only snipped a couple though, nothing major. Thoughts?

What about transplanting? I transplanted them 1-2 days prior to putting them under 12-12 lighting. Could that trigger it?

One more thing. If a plant is stressed while in veg, could that cause it to hermie when it's put into 12-12 even if it's 6 weeks later or is it more of a immediate stress that causes it?

Thanks in advance for any help or input anyone has to offer!

Certain genetics are weak prone to hermie. others could be put on the 12344321 light schedule and never hermie.

Silver colided spray will hermie anything.

Any 12/12 is usually a way to stabilize the hormones of the plant so no to the last question.

Back
Top Bottom