Hermie or seeded?

ansa

hi there.
first post ever and I am asking for something.. sorry.

I have one lateral bud off a main that's changed to seed.
its scary.. never happened before
do I pull them all or wait?

indoor
no idea what strain, we don't really get a lot of choice.
I cloned the mother and veged and moved the veging plants into the 12/12 room
I have 6 lights 12/12
12 plants per light.
soil
10Litre containers and I water/feed every second day with the ph always set to 6.5
about 2 weeks to go in the flowering cycle
plants are healthy and getting heavy
good airflow with fans both ends
the waters in a tank and served at room temp when that happens
temps range from 25C down to 15C at night
a few black midgie root fly looking bugs, I use diatomaceous earth and it keeps them down.

I have removed the offending popcorn bud, inspected all the others.. no further sign.. but I am worried.
do I pull tonight?
or wait 2 weeks and just inspect everyday?
IMG_205811.JPG
IMG_20768.JPG
IMG_207012.JPG
IMG_20569.JPG

The 3rd pick is a hermie for sure. Unless you want more seeds, chop that bad boy carefully as to not open any pollen up to the rest. If the whole plant is doing that, either flower it somewhere else, or kill it. Generally plants that hermie with no stress, produce hermie seeds vey often. Basically, they are only good for f-ing up your grow. :straightface: Sorry my man.

thanks spimp
it was only 1x popcorn bud lower down on a plant
but it is possible for this to self seed the whole crop?
shouldn't I pull and dry the lot now rather than wait and harvest a bunch of seed (do these really pollinate the females?)

my fans are strong.. so my worry is that the damage has been done..

Heres my OPINION: Chop thatone bud and dry it somewhere very far away from the others. Dont harvest the others til the tric levels are closeto what you want. When plants get 'seeded' they trasfer the budding energy into seed making. But it doesnt stop the maturation of the existing buds. The trics that are present will continue to mature. But the energyof the pollinated calyx will go into seed production. If you harvest now, you will have not as potent bud full of imatture seeds. If you harvest later you will have more potent bud full of mature seeds. so my opinion is to get rid of te balls, but coninue the others allowing them to mature a little more.

And yes. One bud of pollen can pollinate alot of plants. ALOT. But good seeded weed is better than less weight, less potent stuff. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom