Hermie plants

sadhu9

Can a hermie plant 'infect' other plants in the same grow room? I can't believe that all three different strains turned out to be Hermies! (I had BC bud,da purps and one of my own) Please help me understand!!!!!:Namaste:

I think you're right...if a plant has both sexes, it must have male pollen? It would make sense in my case. I added two plants that had tried to flower and long story short....hermies. Unless someone else out there has more knowledge about this problem, I'll go with 'infection' by hermie!

Thanks for your input CA215...

Yeah I would like someone more experienced to chime in with some A1 information :Namaste: I think it's like you stated.. I seen the hermie seeds almost looked to be popping open to disperse its pollen.. I think that's what caused my issues. but, again, I can't be certain. Hope you figure it out bud :thumb:

I dont think having Hermi's next to females will make the females turn hermi. A hermi has both male and female parts.

If you have a hermi in a room with females though, the hermi WILL pollinate the females. If all strains in one tent are turning hermi on you it will be because of a stress during growth , like light leaks during lights out or any sort of ongoing stress to the plants.

If you have hermi's and full females in a tent together its advisable to remove the hermi's and quarantine them away from the females to stop the whole grow getting infected with pollen resulting in low potency and seedy buds.

When a plant starts producing seeds they focus their power to seed production , not bud growth. To the plant its mission accomplished but to the grower its a nightmare. We are growing sensimelia remember ( buds without seed ) . Keep the pollen away!

Unless you want seeds of course.

Infect, as in directly cause the other plants to turn into hermaphordites, no. Pollinate the other plants, definately.

With three different strains halfies, I would say you definately have an enviromental cause. Interupted light cycles are a big cause. Lights off means lights off. There are other causes, of course. But I would say there is something in therir environment to blame.

Inducing flowering before sexual maturaty, genetics, light contaminatation, changing the light cycle during flowering, and using aspirin to change PH levels can all cause a hermie.

Back
Top Bottom