Hermie/pollen question

jz1990

I would first like to apologize for starting this thread if there is already one asking the same question. So I started 3 plants from seed and got 3 females (Tahoe OG, Black Domina & Green Climax) :) (nice luck for my first grow IMO) ALTHOUGH mrs. Tahoe decided to grow a pair (none of the others have anything wrong so far to my knowledge) I have went through and removed all of the bananas/sacs as carefully as I could be. Luckily only a small portion of pollen poofed at the last second whilst over the trash. my question is, my tahoe is right next to the fan suckin air out of my grow tent, would that help prevent the spread of pollen to the plants if i missed some sacs?

Re: Hermie/pollen question :)

2012-11-07_11-50-30_44.jpg

TAHOE OG IS BACK LEFT

If you missed some .... it'll probably pollinate everything regardless of where your fan is.

It should help.. I it was me, i would move her or chop her before i risked ruining others.. Bettter to have 2 good 1s, than 3 seedy

Well, at least all the seeds will be female.

If both plants were females, then there is no male DNA. They should all be fem. The only problem would be if the hermie trait is passed along. You'd have to grow them to find out.

If the trait is passed on the the new fem seeds, You can catch it and snip the bananas well before they pump out pollen. I just went through the same thing. I just kept an eye out and sniped when needed, Had no seeds in the end. Your plant cross sounds interesteng. (you could always send me the seeds you don't want lol..)

yea I had a blast crawling around and snipping sacs, LOL NOT, ahah this first grow really gave me a hell of a lot of experience. so they must not grow back after you snip them (I know i missed a couple). I'm so stoked for this cross, it's like I accomplished everything I wanted to for my first time ahah. Next round I'm doing the Black Domina x Tahoe OG, deathstar, black domina & casey jones. I'm just ready to smoke already.... ahah. Also, have you ever re-vegged a harvested plant? I kind of want to do that with my Green Climax (seeing that its the youngest of the 3 and would be the last to harvest (i think lol)). thanks for dropping by and sharing your experience.

I would first like to apologize for starting this thread if there is already one asking the same question. So I started 3 plants from seed and got 3 females (Tahoe OG, Black Domina & Green Climax) :) (nice luck for my first grow IMO) ALTHOUGH mrs. Tahoe decided to grow a pair (none of the others have anything wrong so far to my knowledge) I have went through and removed all of the bananas/sacs as carefully as I could be. Luckily only a small portion of pollen poofed at the last second whilst over the trash. my question is, my tahoe is right next to the fan suckin air out of my grow tent, would that help prevent the spread of pollen to the plants if i missed some sacs?

You will most likely have seed on everything... not really a bad thing. The next gen will have the hermie trait so watch 'em if ya grow 'em

You will most likely have seed on everything... not really a bad thing. The next gen will have the hermie trait so watch 'em if ya grow 'em
I got a majority of the pollen sacs off, the most that was seeded (surprisingly) was just a few branches from tahoe itself, black domina got a few nugs seeded :). Appreciate your knowledge :). Heres a pics of the green climax. She's only been fed a couple of times.
2a3dfa986c9c4ff074f1a5a53299465a.jpg

Hey, Thanks for asking...I Harvested 4 White Widow's in the spring. Had to cut early due to vacation. Small buds and many of them. Although not fully mature, They still make your eyes go crossed in short order. ( I Love Widow ) Hence my name on here.. I was new on here at that time so I had no pics. Then I grew 2 clones from one of the mommas outdoors and they were just starting to show bud when the frost season came. Where I live, 12/12 starts at freeze time. Learned a lesson there. Then I went 0 for 8 on clones from one of the plants before she froze. Then, 0 for 6 on germination even after 2 weeks. Costed me a month there. At last I have 2 Skunk seeds that popped yesterday and I am currently fussing over them.. I'll have some pics when they show them selves above ground. In my area I will be forced to use Auto Flower only for outdoor but Herbies has some fair choices of High Sativa in the ratio so I will try a couple of them after the thaw in 5 months.

I got a majority of the pollen sacs off, the most that was seeded (surprisingly) was just a few branches from tahoe itself, black domina got a few nugs seeded :). Appreciate your knowledge :). Heres a pics of the green climax. She's only been fed a couple of times.

Beauty plant ... just remember the hermie gene seems dominant so watch the next gen close

Beauty plant ... just remember the hermie gene seems dominant so watch the next gen close

that's like the 3rd time I've heard the trait stays, I will for sure pay close attention now! lol... funny I actually saw pollen sacs forming before on the tahoe (before i clipped and such) but i was super new at the grow thing so i figured i'd let it go and see what they were... :\.... TRIAL AND ERROR eh lol thank you so much for the reply!!!

Back
Top Bottom