Hermied plant - seeds?

Kush Killer

just curious if say i had a plant, grown from feminized seed, and it hermied or atleast had a few flowers hermie, would those seeds be any good? as in would they be regular seeds? prodominatly male, female? i had a plant do this, and moved imdeiatly to a seperate room to flower in, as i was gonna jsut use it all for ISO has production.. but was curious on the seeds.. if i should save them or not..

Re: hermied plant... seeds?

well dont take this for gosspell, but my understanding is that those seeds woul be missing the male chromasone or how ever you spell it.
I would try them out. they will either be female or hermi again. someone else will tell you better than I can though:peace:

If it's a female plant w/ only a couple male flowers you can remove the male flowers and grow it as a female, just keep an eye on it ... one of my better females got confused about 2-3 weeks ago so I snipped off the male flowers and it's budding very nicely now. If there are more than a few male flowers and no sign of female then isolating it is your best bet.

yes it is a female, and as stated above it has already been moved to a different flower room and harvested.. id say it was about 70/30 ratio on female to male flowers, i did snip as many male flowers that i found, all flowers from this hermie will be goin to the ISO bin along with my trimmings

Yes they will be female. My first grow left me with allot of seeds and I'm 100% female since. (the plants not me) The problem is why did the first plant go hermie. if stressed during flower a female will try to propagate and grow male parts. This can be caused by PH imbalance,
over or under watering, feeding/lighting issues etc. address those issues and keep the seeds. Unstable genetics can also cause a hermie and that will carry down the line.

it hermied in early flower, i clips as many male flowers as i could find, this is/was my first sucessfull grow and not exactly sure why she hermied, as it wasnt 100% hermied. i have great lighting,climate, and ph, it only happened on this 1 plant.. and the flowers acutally seemd considerably more HAIRY with less trichs.. its a strain from nirvana so i would assume its fairly stable genitics. i use the weight method for watering which is been every 2-5 days depend where she was at.. still not sure.. but is good to know since i wont be smoking the flowers thati recoupe seeds, some decent wweight for hash.

well i know that a hermaphrodite plant can only issue female seeds. As for how they will grow i dont know but they WILL be female plants but may also just produce more hermis. I really think its just best to ditch em as soon as spotted . Last year I had to shut down because a couple of plants turned hermi on me , what a drag. So far this year no sign.

well i know that a hermaphrodite plant can only issue female seeds. As for how they will grow i dont know but they WILL be female plants but may also just produce more hermis. I really think its just best to ditch em as soon as spotted . Last year I had to shut down because a couple of plants turned hermi on me , what a drag. So far this year no sign.

All depends on why they went hermie. If it was stress and you fix the system you got good feminized seeds. I got 5 grows from one set of seeds and get great results with no more hermies.

How can you force a plant to go hermie? I'm getting some clones this year, and I might go with a very short veg on a second grow. If I can get some seeds, it will save me from the time and hassle of finding clones or seeds next year. This would work great for me cause the nearest dispensary is at least 40 miles away, and the ones that sell clones/seeds are about 200 miles away.

you have to give the plant a shock , disrupt its life pattern and it should go hermie because it will panic and try to self fetilize thereby producing female only seeds.

thats about all I know , the seeds will ALL be female because plant has not been fertilized by a male plant.

cheers bill.

How can you force a plant to go hermie? I'm getting some clones this year, and I might go with a very short veg on a second grow. If I can get some seeds, it will save me from the time and hassle of finding clones or seeds next year. This would work great for me cause the nearest dispensary is at least 40 miles away, and the ones that sell clones/seeds are about 200 miles away.

You can treat with chemicals to send it hermie, but you won't be able to smoke that plant. Why not keep a banzai mother and clone yourself. saves on veg time

Back
Top Bottom