420 Magazine Background

Hesi Nutrient Longevity

mgtrottier

Hey Guys,

About two years back, maybe a little longer I had to put my hydro grow equipment into storage. I recently moved and now I am able to resume growing operations.

I have several gallons of Hesi's complete hydro nutrients (grow, bloom, PK 13/14, SuperVit, root complex, etc) that I would like to use since I had great luck with them in the past. My question is, since these nutes sat in storage in un-opened or very well sealed containers (and unfortunately not climate controlled) for about two years, are the nutes still any good?

I would imagine they are probably not as strong as when they were new but I hope they aren't a complete waste. I don't believe they had ever frozen but I do know they were subjected to fairly high temps (100 to 105 F) while they sat in the metal hotbox storage place.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

labexperiment

Double check this advise if you can find info on it as I read it many years ago.

Heat the nutrients to 170-190 degrees and stir for 20 minutes, allow to cool and they should be good from what I remember reading. Do each nutrient separately.

mgtrottier

Double check this advise if you can find info on it as I read it many years ago.

Heat the nutrients to 170-190 degrees and stir for 20 minutes, allow to cool and they should be good from what I remember reading. Do each nutrient separately.
I tried doing a google search for that and wound up empty handed. 170 - 190 surely sounds like it would destroy the nutrient? Do you remember what the purpose of heating was?

Mike

labexperiment

The reason for heating is to allow the nutrients which are salt based to re-bond and integrate any chemicals/nutrients that have fallen out of suspension.

I went looking for the article on my computer with no luck.

Anyone else know of this process.

Top Bottom