Hey 420 people! Help me refute my Step-mother's anti-Marijuana research!

Her opposition stems from her brother, who used to smoke a lot of pot

I have trouble figuring out if its my safety she is concerned with, or wanting to be right... :) its probably a mixture of both.

Couldn't be that she'd rather blame cannabis for her brother's behaviors/actions than... her brother, now, could it?

If that's the case, you'll have a time getting through.

Comcast On Demand has a freebie movie produced by Cheech and Chong titled The Union. It goes into the history where mj was touted and used medicinally. It is also available on YouTube.

What changed? Wm Randolph Hearst sunk a fortune into pulp trees for his newspaper/magazine empire. He had the clout to make mj illegal. If you can get her to watch this you may be home free. hth

If were talking movies and documentaries... Check out "Waiting to Inhale" very good! Also the National Geographic Explorer Series production "Marijuana Nation".

Both are very good and have some very credible doctors and scientists speaking about the benefits of cannabis.

Basically, when I started telling my family about how I chose to control my Crohn's Disease most were unsure... Well, my Step-mother wasn't! :rolleyes3

She started spouting off with unsubstantiated claims, like it "spaces out the synapses in your brain" (i can't find anything say thing anywhere online), causes long term depression, and etc. And guys...be afraid! Its completely proven according to her! She just doesn't know who proved it or where to find it...:scratchinghead:

Just today I found this lovely article printed out in front of the computer for my reading enjoyment!

:bravo: Well done Ma'am! So guys, lets get at it!

First I underlined Chronic Marijuana and wrote...

OKAY, now this is for you 420 mag, I would say its more like a joints quantity without needing symptomatic relief... However, joint size is really relative too! I hate arguing these things because of all the loosely defined terms in the first place! I can get by on about .4 of a gram for a day. Vaporizing. I do use more than that, but that is because I like it! :) And I believe it is safe. I would define a joint at around .8 of a gram, but thats just me. Some days I do have more than that, but I also have nerve damage I medicate for.. But :shhh: Don't tell her! Or I maybe called an addict/ Chronic Abuser!!

I didn't really want to go around underlining everything, so I went to the end underlining reversible with abstinence.. and wrote

I wrote a little extra at the bottom..

I wont be handing in this "assignment" until I get a little feedback from you guys. I'll be printing out a fresh one and writing the final draft out after some feedback, if anyone has suggestions on how to rewrite it better..

I really don't want to get studies for her, I really don't care what she thinks... Its more that she wants to be right than anything for her. I kind of doubt she even read the article beyond the first sentence! It just irritates me that she is so bent on proving me wrong, when I have said to them all... I have researched this a lot before ever trying it, and made the decision based on it being an effective and one of the safest options for me to control my disease.

I'm sure there will be more to come! More readings left out innocently by the computer, and I will post them here for us to discuss! I think this will be good for us all really, to help us be better able to refute peoples claims against us.:cheer: Go team 420!:cheer:

:high-five:

PS: just to be sure we're all on the same page.. I don't disagree with the study, just how it is presented in this article. The study says it effects the brain, we all know that (neutral statement). The article on the other hand claims it to be adverse..

It is all B.S.. I did not vape cannabis until I was 52 years old. I believed all the lies told about it. Gawd am I pissed off that I was so naive. NEVER TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT!!!

These are the things that I have discovered since I started using cannabis the past two years;
1. It relieves pain wonderfully.
2. It helps my depression from the pain associated with fibromyalsia.
3. It is not addictive. I have been in situations where I have had to abruptly stop vaping cannabis. The only thing that happens is that I experience more pain again from the fibro. No withdrawal symptoms at all. Oh yes I am dependent on it, just like the prevacid I use for heartburn.
4. Music sounds a whole lot better.
5. I actually am enjoying playing my guitar again and (get this) am learning more and playing with more feeling than ever before! The Blues is my liking in music.
6. I worry less.
7. I like life now and do not wish my life would end short!

There you go...THE TRUTH!

Bravo Blackbird! :bravo:

Glad you found the truth before it was too late! Although I never had any problem with MJ throughout my life and my family was also very liberal about smoking it, I never considered it a serious medicine and used it only for the occasional party etc. I rarely bought it myself, and would maybe smoke it 3-5 times a year at the most.

Then I got injured on the job 7 years ago and that changed everything! I was in constant pain and after years on opiate pain killers, my tolerance to them was so high that I was no longer getting any real pain relief from them. The Tylenol in my Percocets prevented me from taking enough pills to get relief. This was when my doctor wrote me a recommendation for Cannabis and the rest is history!

Not only has it helped my pain tremendously, I LOVE the hobby of growing it! It really is a blast and when you are on disability and can not work as I am, having something meaningful to do with yourself is VERY important!

What better way to spend my time than growing the medicine that makes my life better? I LOVE IT! :D

Bravo Blackbird! :bravo:

Glad you found the truth before it was too late! Although I never had any problem with MJ throughout my life and my family was also very liberal about smoking it, I never considered it a serious medicine and used it only for the occasional party etc. I rarely bought it myself, and would maybe smoke it 3-5 times a year at the most.

Then I got injured on the job 7 years ago and that changed everything! I was in constant pain and after years on opiate pain killers, my tolerance to them was so high that I was no longer getting any real pain relief from them. The Tylenol in my Percocets prevented me from taking enough pills to get relief. This was when my doctor wrote me a recommendation for Cannabis and the rest is history!

Not only has it helped my pain tremendously, I LOVE the hobby of growing it! It really is a blast and when you are on disability and can not work as I am, having something meaningful to do with yourself is VERY important!

What better way to spend my time than growing the medicine that makes my life better? I LOVE IT! :D

Cool! I would like to start growing myself, but I live in a condo which makes it difficult.

Hey TorturedSoul! Yes, that could be it... :hmmmm: She knows he's a worthless punk, but would never use such language to say it! :dreamy: She's one of them southern-types that holds family to be super sacred.. Maybe growing up in Hawaii made us different... Or the fact that my only full-brother is practically Satan :biglaugh:

Petflora and GG7, thanks for the documentary selections! I will check them out.. But this will be for my own viewing. I am pleased with my SM not shoving "info" in my face, and just pretending like its not there.. If I find some information that correlate with her specific grievances in those shows, I will give her a copy. :Namaste:

Blackbird... I am stumped by part of your post. I don't think the study is BS, I think the interpretation of the data is BS. The information does not really point to damage, I don't believe inactivity of receptors is necessarily an indicator of damage.. And the article at least states that there is no irreparable damage...
I am not really looking for anecdotal evidence..However, I really like your point number 3, and am glad you posted. I absolutely love the equating of cannabis dependance to the "addiction" of heartburn medications! It's one myself, and many other people can relate to. :bravo:

I am very happy you saw through the veil of propaganda, friend! And even happier you have found safe and effective relief in cannabis!

PS. Massive props for being able to play the guitar, I myself have given up on polyphonic instruments.. I'll stick to woodwinds/ monophonic stuff! :)

Cool! I would like to start growing myself, but I live in a condo which makes it difficult.

Don't sell your living situation short! If you live in a MJ friendly state and have all your paperwork in order, you can easily grow indoors. Our winters up here in the Sierra are NASTY cold, so I can only grow outside 4 months out of the year. Most of the time I am growing indoors myself and flower all my plants indoors no matter what time of year it is.

Check out my Grow Journal for what I feel is a pretty decent overview of "affordable" indoor growing setups. I'm on a fixed income, so I couldn't afford all the fancy gear some of the folks around here have been fortunate enough to aquire. I always try to buy the best within my budget so that the stuff will last me for a long time and due to the high cost of quality bud, all of my rigs paid for themselves after the very first harvest. :morenutes:

GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

If GG7 says its possible Blackbird, you can believe it! He grows beautiful plants. I still crack up when I think about your "flower" room GG7! Genius! :high-five:

There are many great indoor growers here, you should have no problem finding good ways to produce your own medicine. There are many ways to stay "undercover", so to speak, that people here explore.

If GG7 says its possible Blackbird, you can believe it! He grows beautiful plants. I still crack up when I think about your "flower" room GG7! Genius! :high-five:

There are many great indoor growers here, you should have no problem finding good ways to produce your own medicine. There are many ways to stay "undercover", so to speak, that people here explore.

LOL! Thanks THsea! :laughtwo:

It really is doable in MOST homes. All you need is a closet or... "Bathtub" ;) and you're in business. Only possible issue I can think would be the smell of the plants during certain phases of the growing process. Some strains are more "Skunky" than others, so if ventilation in your building might be an issue then look for strains that are known for having the least amount of "aroma". ;)

Definitely check out the growers journal section for tips and tricks on setting up your own little nursery in your condo! :cheer:

You can easily cut your medicine supply costs in half the first year even after the cost of the lights and stuff. :)

Definitive proof of an adverse effect of chronic marijuana use revealed

It pisses me off that they start the article with this sentence. Right off the bat the author shows there bias. It is another sign of science being twisted by incompetent people that have no business writing about it. In my field of research data is constantly twisted to support an agenda rather than reveal the truth.

Like you say, the effects are not even permanent. I smoke when I have trouble sleeping or when I have to get a lot of unpleasant work done. What people don't understand is that not all herb makes you tired or couch locked, and the effects don't last your whole life!

Smoke an Indica for medication/ sleep, smoke a Sativa to pick you up and get you going. Too often I hear the argument that pot makes you not want to do anything with your life and you will become a burnout. This is simply not true.

Also if you are using for medical purposes you should check this how to video out on making Hash oil. It's a pretty simplified method, and you can use the extracted oil in cooking too. It provides a very clean high much like a vape.

Its like anything...you can get too much of a good thing. I have heard that there are problems associated with low sperm count and clumping but have never seen this substantiated one way or another. Have you found that this is an effective treatment for Crohn's disease? if so, I should talk to my cousin about it. She has been suffering for some time now.

Thank you for directing our new friend TorturedSoul! :high-five:
TS is correct in his answer, Yes. It has been very effective for me. There are a few other crohn's specific threads like this one
Crohn's Disease

I sent you a PM, Mr. 3nt. And welcome to site, btw!

TS is correct in his answer, Yes. It has been very effective for me. There are a few other crohn's specific threads like this one
Crohn's Disease

Thanks soo much. I am relaying this info to my cousin. She is an adult and has used 420 in the past...but it was before she developed crohns and stopped using before she developed it.

Crohn's Disease

Thanks again for the info. I have passed the info but am still waiting to hear back if she is going to try it out. I think she has a hard time getting supplies where she is :-(

Back
Top Bottom