Hey - Any of you know MI legal rules?

rock49911

420 Member
I a med card holder allowed to grow my own, however I just starting to figure out how to setup and buy equipment, any way I can buy ready grown medicine?

My understanding is that Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and allows you to possess 2.5 ounces of "Usable" marijuana and have 12 plants. I would defiantly Google and research - If you have a card and residency - look on weedmaps.com for a local dispensary.

Michigan Medical Marihuana Act" -- Approved by 63% of voters on Nov. 4, 2008
Approved: Nov. 4, 2008
Effective: Dec. 4, 2008

Approved Conditions: Approved for treatment of debilitating medical conditions, defined as cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, epilepsy, muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis, and PTSD.

Possession/Cultivation: Patients may possess up to two and one-half (2.5) ounces of usable marijuana and twelve marijuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. The twelve plants may be kept by the patient only if he or she has not specified a primary caregiver to cultivate the marijuana for him or her.

Amended: HB 4856
Effective: Dec. 31, 2012

Makes it illegal to "transport or possess" usable marijuana by car unless the marijuana is "enclosed in a case that is carried in the trunk of the vehicle." Violation of the law is a misdemeanor "punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both."

Amended: HB 4834
Effective: Apr. 1, 2013

Requires proof of Michigan residency when applying for a registry ID card (driver license, official state ID, or valid voter registration) and makes cards valid for two years instead of one.

Amended: HB 4851
Effective: Apr. 1, 2013

Requires a "bona fide physician-patient relationship," defined in part as one in which the physician "has created and maintained records of the patient's condition in accord with medically accepted standards" and "will provide follow-up care;" protects patient from arrest only with registry identification card and valid photo ID.

Amended: State of Michigan vs. McQueen
Decided: Feb. 8, 2013

The Michigan Supreme Court ruled 4-1 that dispensaries are illegal. As a result, medical marijuana patients in Michigan will have to grow their own marijuana or get it from a designated caregiver who is limited to five patients.

Updates: HB 4209, HB 4827, and HB 4210, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder (R) on Sep. 20, 2016, create a state regulatory structure for five license categories: growers, processors, secure transporters, provisioning centers, and safety compliance facilities.

In a Mar. 30, 2017 email to ProCon.org, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs stated: "The legislation will become effective on December 20, 2016, and per HB 4209 the Department will begin accepting applications 360 days from the effective date, or December 16, 2017. Applications are not yet available for any of the categories. After the Governor appoints members to the Medical Marihuana Licensing Board, the Board and the Department will be working diligently to review the details in the legislation and provide any guidance they can and eventually draft administrative rules under the statutory authority granted."

Back
Top Bottom