Hey Everybody

TwistOneUp

I've been lurking around these forums for a while and found everybody friendly and helpful so I decided to join myself. It's a great community and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Stay kind

Greetings Twistoneup and welcome to the best site for promoting cannabis awareness to end its prohibition
:420: :welcome:

We are all proud to be able to help our fellow 420ers and glad that you have joined the cause :)

If you get a chance, check out New Member Start Links which is loaded with great information on navigating and using the site.

See you around the forums!

:Namaste:

Greetings Twistoneup and welcome to the best site for promoting cannabis awareness to end its prohibition
:420: :welcome:

We are all proud to be able to help our fellow 420ers and glad that you have joined the cause :)

If you get a chance, check out New Member Start Links which is loaded with great information on navigating and using the site.

See you around the forums!

:Namaste:

Thanks for the welcome and the link. I'll be sure to check that out.

Hey TwistyOneUp! Nice to "meet"cha. What's your relationship to cannabis and how can we help you?

Hey Shuffledemon! It's good to meet you too. There's not enough room to go into details about my relationship with cannabis but, the short story is, I've had a lot of years to develop a personally intimate and spiritual relationship with it. From being the, "hey you got anything" guy looking to score a bag to being the dude people call when they're looking. I won't say I've done it all but I've done a lot, if not most, of it. These days, I'm pretty low key about it. Only the most astute of our brothers and sisters would have any clue that I have anything to do with it now.

Growing was something I experimented with back in the day with mixed results. Finances and the availability of knowledge limited what I could do. My first semi-successful grow was literally, in a closet with aluminum foil taped to the walls and 4' fluorescent tubes. I dug up some dirt from the backyard, put it in a 5 gallon pot, mixed in some potting soil from my mom's house plants (Oh yeah, My mom was well aware of what I was doing) and some perlite. Flushed it with a garden hose, dropped in a germinated seed and away I went. Eventually, I got a copy of the Marijuana Grower's Handbook and a slightly better setup. Even then, I still never really produced anything to get excited about.

Since then, I've gotten a lot more patient and found there is a ton more information available now. This site alone could easily be renamed the 420encyclopedia and I've seen from lurking about that the people are awesome. Now I'm just looking to grow some fine tasty buds for myself and enjoy life.

Sorry for the long response. I tried to keep it short. See what happens when you ask me open questions like that? :bigblush:

Hey Shuffledemon! It's good to meet you too. There's not enough room to go into details about my relationship with cannabis but, the short story is, I've had a lot of years to develop a personally intimate and spiritual relationship with it. From being the, "hey you got anything" guy looking to score a bag to being the dude people call when they're looking. I won't say I've done it all but I've done a lot, if not most, of it. These days, I'm pretty low key about it. Only the most astute of our brothers and sisters would have any clue that I have anything to do with it now.

Growing was something I experimented with back in the day with mixed results. Finances and the availability of knowledge limited what I could do. My first semi-successful grow was literally, in a closet with aluminum foil taped to the walls and 4' fluorescent tubes. I dug up some dirt from the backyard, put it in a 5 gallon pot, mixed in some potting soil from my mom's house plants (Oh yeah, My mom was well aware of what I was doing) and some perlite. Flushed it with a garden hose, dropped in a germinated seed and away I went. Eventually, I got a copy of the Marijuana Grower's Handbook and a slightly better setup. Even then, I still never really produced anything to get excited about.

Since then, I've gotten a lot more patient and found there is a ton more information available now. This site alone could easily be renamed the 420encyclopedia and I've seen from lurking about that the people are awesome. Now I'm just looking to grow some fine tasty buds for myself and enjoy life.

Sorry for the long response. I tried to keep it short. See what happens when you ask me open questions like that? :bigblush:

Nah man, that is why I asked! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Sounds like you have learned from experience - the best kind of learn'in I reckon. As I reflect on my career and life the best things - I mean really and truthfully the most valuable - were all learned that way.

I'm relatively new to growing cannabis but not growing in general.

Same with you - low key. Not for any particular reason - that's just me. Low key and on the level. Makes for a good balanced house with a firecracker wife!

I'm on an LED bender - love 'em. Just getting into it, though.

Feel free to hit me up if I can help you at all!

Peace.

Nah man, that is why I asked! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Sounds like you have learned from experience - the best kind of learn'in I reckon. As I reflect on my career and life the best things - I mean really and truthfully the most valuable - were all learned that way.

I'm relatively new to growing cannabis but not growing in general.

Same with you - low key. Not for any particular reason - that's just me. Low key and on the level. Makes for a good balanced house with a firecracker wife!

I'm on an LED bender - love 'em. Just getting into it, though.

Feel free to hit me up if I can help you at all!

Peace.

I'm right there with ya on the whole experience thing. Those are the lessons you never forget.

I've been following your grow journal. It looks awesome. I thought about LEDs but they're a little out of my price range right now. I can see myself possibly going that route in the future though.

Thanks for your offer to help. I'll be sure to hit you up when I have questions.

wassup man :welcome: to :420:

glad u decided to join us here..seems we all lurk for months before we speak up and join ...

wassup man :welcome: to :420:

glad u decided to join us here..seems we all lurk for months before we speak up and join ...

Thanks for the welcome DL. It looks like you have a lot going on. Yeah I lurked for a while taking it all in. I'm trying to get everything setup for a grow now so it seemed like a good time to jump into the deep end with everyone else.

no time like the present !! i have a few irons in the fire but not enough lol .. once my perpetual grow gets going im sure i will be busy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom