Hey everyone, new member here preparing for first grow soon

Here Nk, this is local and my home town.
You might find someone that you like.

I guess I just expected them to be much cheaper lol. I have not smoked in 19 years so I am having to adjust to all of the changes that have happened since then. Gone are the days of the $50 oz.

You can always get a mixed seed bag from a friend.

I used to pay $30.00 bucks for a lid in Humboldt, it was a five finger lid.

You can also do a $150.00 grow including seeds.
Check out Carcass, in his signature box he will show you how.
Either way, have fun and grow.

Thanks ,John !
Yeah, Nkwow- the plants don't care if they're growing in an $18.00 box,or a $100.00 tent-they do the best they can no matter what they grow in-
I grew bagseeds for years,but I finally bought some good genetics,and,believe me, they're worth it.

Welcome to the site lots of great folks in here:welcome:

Thanks for the info. I am liking the looks of the products here but for my first grow I may not have the funds to purchase everything from here. I am trying to stay in the $200 price range for this first grow so i am thinking I will have to opt for a cheaper light or go with one of the Mars-Hydro lights and skip the tent. I had no idea that seeds were going to cost so much but I may be looking in the wrong places. Any suggestions for the most affordable seed bank to purchase from if you are in the US?
:welcome: to :420: NK:passitleft:...If you're trying to stay in a $200 dollar price range, you may want to consider some "semi gloss" white paint for that closet, and a decent light. make sure that the closet is "light proof" I started cheap, well, because I'm cheap :rofl::rofl: just a closet in a spare room and a light :thumb: did pretty good too

And about the beans, start with a few bag seeds, it's cheaper and less stress if something goes wrong :snowboating::goodluck:

Well it took longer than I wanted for my personal production license to come in the mail but now I am 100% legal so here is a little update on what I went with for my first grow. Do you all think that I will get the most info/help if I create a grow journal? I just know I will have questions come up and probably some problems as well.

planted 3 seeds, all autos from Herbiesheadshop.
SeedStockers BCN Power Plant Autoflowering
VIP Membrana Autoflowering Feminised
Barneys CBD Lemon Potion Autoflowering Feminised

I soaked the seeds in water for 24 hours then in paper tower for 12 more hours and then into soil as soon as tap roots were visible. Today is day two in soil and I hope I will have sprouts when I get home from work.
I am growing in Organilock Hemp Blend soil and using their OrganiSpray to feed later on.
I decided to start these in solo cups and transplant them into the 5Gal smart pots in a couple weeks even though they are autos.
I bought some cheap amazon cobs that draw 200 watts at the plug and I will be growing in a 3'x3' area under 2 of these lights.
I used a bunch of mylar freezer bags to give the grow area a reflective surface since I had them on hand already.
Temps ranging between 74-82 degrees F
RH is between 25%-35%
PH of media or res? bag says 6-7
Any Pests ? not yet
How often are you watering? as needed
Type and strength of ferts used? Organilock OrganiSpray

Here are a few pictures of my little legal grow setup that hopefully someday will be much nicer and neater.
20190901_191946.jpg
20190901_200805.jpg
20190901_191938.jpg
20190901_170932.jpg
20190901_170912.jpg

I am still researching this. I suffer from chronic anxiety on a daily basis as well as mild depression and a sore, painful back after a days work. Those are the symptoms I am looking to treat so I would love to hear suggestions from anyone with experience in those areas. So far I am looking into Cannatonic, Jack Herer, and Kosher kush. I am really hoping to find a strain that will work good for anxiety without couchlock.
Hi and welcome i suffer from ptsd and anxiety with chronic pain from being blown up twice in Afghanistan. I have searched for what you are i have found indica strains to be the best for these. Space cream,road dawg,og kush, white urkle or grandaddy purps hope you find what works for you

Nice job and congratulations on the new new cob lights
Thank you sir! I am very excited to learn what it takes to grow some good meds.

Any sprout action?
So I am pretty sure I killed two of my babies before they could break the surface... If only I could find some cheap bag seed until I get all of noob mistakes out of the way haha. This soil doesn't hold water like normal potting soil and I think I let them dry out because i didn't want to over water. I will give them a couple of days more before I give up on them completely. As it is only my CBD Lemon Potion has broke the surface.

Hi and welcome i suffer from ptsd and anxiety with chronic pain from being blown up twice in Afghanistan. I have searched for what you are i have found indica strains to be the best for these. Space cream,road dawg,og kush, white urkle or grandaddy purps hope you find what works for you
Thanks for your service first and foremost! I appreciate the welcome and strain info, I will be growing some grandaddy purp for sure.

Welcome! Feels good to grow legally, huh? :Rasta:
Yes it does! I don't think I would have ever risked growing illegally but thankfully the state of New Mexico solved that.

I am pretty sure I killed two of my babies before they could break the surface
One of mine just took 5 days to sprout,so sometimes they're just slow-I was just about to give up on it when it popped it's little head out.
So there may still be hope for yours-just keep em damp for a few more days....

Well it is official I murdered 2 of the 3 and of course one of the casualties had to be the one I was looking most forward to trying the VIP membrana. Oh well you live and learn. I will give it another go with a couple more auto seeds I purchased and hopefully I don't kill anything this go around because at $10 a seed I want to at least see them grow a little lol. I have decided to start a grow journal so hopefully some of you guys and gals will tune into that.

Sorry to hear about the casualties-I had 3 DOA's in my last batch of seeds,so you're not the only seed killer around here ;)
A journal is a good idea-Be sure to put a link to it in your signature so we can find it (there's a crapload of journals out there) This should help a little:

Back
Top Bottom