Hey guys

JayH

Hello all! My name is jay and I'm new here as you can tell. Looks like a great place after reading around a bit. I know people do not like members who just join to ask specific questions then never log back on again. I'm going to try an not be that guy lol.

The main reason I've joined is to discuss medical marijuana with some of you and any responses and help is going to be greatly appreciated. So, please do not bash me for asking for a little help.

I'm 33 years old and have an amazing 7 year old son who was born with polymicragyria. It is a brain disorder that causes him to have up to 300 seizures a day. He is also non verbal because of this disorder. A few months ago he became say bad that we decided it was best to have a feeding tube put into his stomach because eating had became so much of a risk. He would be eating and have a seizure a start to choke on food in his throat. We have to hook him up to a machine 3 times a day to eat and over night it feeds him as well.

This brings me to what most of you guys reading this have already thought of. Charlottes web. I live in va and of course it's totally illegal here. Which really pisses me off because of the healing properties that MJ offers to everyone. I really need help with this. Does anyone know anything about this strain? I know it's the oil extracted that does what I need it to. How about seeds? Can anyone get ahold of seeds and I'll grow myself. I would die for my son to be better and if it means growing then I'm doing it. I've thought of driving to a state that it's legal and hot tailing it back to va, but the thing with that is that charlottes web is a certain strain that's not as easy to obtain as many of the other popular strains.

Guess I'm just asking for s much info and help as possible guys. I'm desperate I really am. My family may have to break down and just move. But the way we have everything set up here is perfect for him besides that. He's already on 9 different meds twice daily. The docs here just keep adding to it and I know in my heart that charlottes web is ours answers we've been searching for for years. Just this morning he had one so bad he came off the couch and landed face first in the floor.
Bloody nose and all that bad stuff.

Sorry for the novel guys. Anyone with suggestions or help can either pm me or respond here.. I can supply my email if someone would like to talk with me and maybe get to know my lil man a little better. He's a cutie and a heart stealer for sure.
Thanks for reading my book. :420:

Credits... Lol
Author .. Jay.... Lol

Have you talked with your congressman? I would start there.

I'm sure you have seen it already, I'd hate for you to have to move, but unless you can wait, that might be your only option :(
I am sorry for your sons medical issues. I Hope someone can help.

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Jay. :welcome:

I'll put it bluntly... in order for your child to have the happiness and quality of life that he deserves, you need to live in a state where Cannabis is legal.

Reason #1:
The variety of treatments available from dispensaries is necessary for your child's recovery. A high CBD tincture has been known to greatly decrease, and even completely stop children from seizing as your son has been. As well, juicing Raw Cannabis is an extremely effective treatment. Cannabis oils are another medicine that can help. And there's a good chance that you could end up living near an excellent dispensary, making the procurement of [Cannabis] medicine convenient and fast (in case of an emergency, etc.).

Reason #2:
If you get arrested in your state, the repercussions will be devastating. So much in fact that you may never be able to give your child proper [Cannabis] treatment.

Reason #3:
Nothing is more important than your child recovering from this illness. Nothing. If it means relocating across the country, then so be it.

Reason #4:
Because his recovery is entirely possible [and inevitable with the right treatments,] with Cannabis. No matter what common physicians will tell you, their drugs will never be effective.

By taking the most important steps, you can do this. You can help your child live a normal life so that he can function, eat, and play like a kid should be able to. There are so many resources on this site, and many people here to be a support system for you. Never stop being positive, confident, and always know that the life you want for your family is completely possible. It will take courage, effort, and time, but you can do it. Please keep us updated on the progress of things, my friend.

:circle-of-love::high-five::love::goodluck::thumb::green_heart:

Have you talked with your congressman? I would start there.

I'm sure you have seen it already, I'd hate for you to have to move, but unless you can wait, that might be your only option :(
I am sorry for your sons medical issues. I Hope someone can help.

I have not. But that is a great suggestion. I have seen weed2. very touching stuff! This is the same situation I am in with my son Aidan. Sometimes he's seizures are back to back in that same exact way where it ends up being one continuos seizures. Most of the time at the point they're are every 10-15 mins apart. 24/7. Thank you so much for you suggestion. I may just be writing a letter after he goes to sleep tonight. :peace:

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Jay. :welcome:

I'll put it bluntly... in order for your child to have the happiness and quality of life that he deserves, you need to live in a state where Cannabis is legal.

Reason #1:
The variety of treatments available from dispensaries is necessary for your child's recovery. A high CBD tincture has been known to greatly decrease, and even completely stop children from seizing as your son has been. As well, juicing Raw Cannabis is an extremely effective treatment. Cannabis oils are another medicine that can help. And there's a good chance that you could end up living near an excellent dispensary, making the procurement of [Cannabis] medicine convenient and fast (in case of an emergency, etc.).

Reason #2:
If you get arrested in your state, the repercussions will be devastating. So much in fact that you may never be able to give your child proper [Cannabis] treatment.

Reason #3:
Nothing is more important than your child recovering from this illness. Nothing. If it means relocating across the country, then so be it.

Reason #4:
Because his recovery is entirely possible [and inevitable with the right treatments,] with Cannabis. No matter what common physicians will tell you, their drugs will never be effective.

By taking the most important steps, you can do this. You can help your child live a normal life so that he can function, eat, and play like a kid should be able to. There are so many resources on this site, and many people here to be a support system for you. Never stop being positive, confident, and always know that the life you want for your family is completely possible. It will take courage, effort, and time, but you can do it. Please keep us updated on the progress of things, my friend.

:circle-of-love::high-five::love::goodluck::thumb::green_heart:

Thanks for the reply OnlyOrganic. These responses are exactly why I joined and I'm appreciative for you taking time to write. Honestly, if we have to move then it's just something that's going to have to happen. I'm in the midst of opening up a business so It would be hard to shut right down and move. But like I said, it's most likely going to come it that. My lil man was great about a year ago with the help of certain meds. He was running and playing. We thought he was cured. About 4 months after that I guess his body just grew tolerant to it or something else was going on but he just all the sudden went straight back into every 10 mins.

You're correct. Nothing's more important than my lil man. It's hard working all day then coming home and taking care of him but I wouldn't change my relationship with him for nothing. My wife doesn't work. She stays home with him through the day. It ends up being way more cheaper that, rather than paying for a special needs sitter.

Phewww... I'm feeling a bit better just by talking about this haha. Maybe this'll be home as well. Having someone to talk with is helping with the stress I have with dealing with this everyday. Also, I don't want to make it sound like I'm saying my life is so hard. Because there's plenty out there that have it way harder than us. I'm just not the kinda person that wants people to feel sorry for me ya know? Well I need to stop just writing like I've know you my whole life lol... Thanks again. Maybe I'll post up some pics of lil man later. I have countless videos of he's activity as a video log for docs to see. But I won't post those. Only good and positve pics.

:peace::thanks:

It makes me very happy to hear that this conversation already is helping. This site makes it possible for these kinds of wonderful connections and support systems to be made. Please don't feel at all insecure about sharing too much or sounding pathetic. It's nothing like that. It's nothing but a sign of strength to talk about their problems and to seek assistance and guidance.

I can only imagine how difficult things have been (and are, and may be to come), and whatever help can be produced through this site I'll do what I can to contribute to. As much as you feel safe/comfortable sharing, I'll lend you all the positivity and information I'm capable of. In fact, one recommendation I'll throw out right now is to start meditating 30 minutes a day. And if you're able to get the rest of your family involved with those moments of peace, all the better!

Also feel free to PM me at anytime as well (once you have 50 posts). Your little guy is in my thoughts.

:green_heart:

I'm hesitant to say where I live. My state does not like it, at all. But look around your state for people who have been arrested for pot, and then select the stories that are about honest people trying to grow pot for medical reasons. I promise they are in VA, there are at least 3 in my state. I'm sure I would be one of those stories on the 5 o'clock news. And based on precedent, two things would happen ; dropped charges or the case would be continue enough to where people would forget and be slapped with a silly little charge later. However confident I am though, things could go WAY differently and I would be made an example of.

Be very careful. I have started the conversation with some other family members. My wife and I are going to try ourselves first, then have honest open discussion with the others in my family.

I'm sure there are other people on VA that are in the same situation, and there may be someone who has decided to do it, not matter what VA laws are.

Please don't take this as an encouragement to break the law. But do understand that you are not alone, there are many frustrated people.

I wish you much love and much luck for your little guy!

OTE]

hello. how have you been? so sorry Its been.over a week but I've had my hands full with aidan. we are at the hospital right now answer he is in surgery.he has been in the hospital more at 7 years old than.most people do their entire life.

sorry to hear that Jay. hope they fix him up good.

thank you MaPilot. they're.taking out his old.feeding tube and putting the new version.in. it will be.much easier for ua answer him. i cant type that well on this.phone. we are waiting in the lobby. it Ian a aawesome feeling.knowing i have you Guys to talk to :)

Back
Top Bottom