Hey I'm the new guy!

ProfessorBuds

Wassup!
New to the forum. :)
I stumbled across this site while i was looking for some info on growing. Gonna start my first grow in a couple of weeks once i get the equiptment i need. Only gonna do just the one plant for personal use for now & work my way up from there.
Done some research on what soil to use, correct lighting etc but if anyone on here can give a noob some expert advice on getting the most out of just the one plant for now that would be very much appriciated!
Thanks

Welcome! You'll find just about everything you want to know here. I grow in coco coir (hydroponics) so I can't really help with soil. I hope I find your journal when it starts! Good luck!

My favorite advice for getting the most out of a plant is training for a level canopy. Look into LST (low stress training), topping, fimming, leaf tucking, pony tailing, trellising. That's not all of your training options but it will definitely give you an idea. :)

Welcome! You'll find just about everything you want to know here. I grow in coco coir (hydroponics) so I can't really help with soil. I hope I find your journal when it starts! Good luck!

My favorite advice for getting the most out of a plant is training for a level canopy. Look into LST (low stress training), topping, fimming, leaf tucking, pony tailing, trellising. That's not all of your training options but it will definitely give you an idea. :)

Awesome!
Thanks for your reply FlowerNose i will look into everything you mentioned above.
What exactly is hydroponics?
Sounds complicated lol

So soil has nutrients in it so support a growing plant. You can add nutrients (nutes) but I'm not really sure how that works because soil is tricky to get just right.

Hydroponics comes in LOTS of styles. Coco coir like I grow in is considered "passive hydroponics." It's as easy as following the recipe on a boxed meal.

Hydroponics *can* get really complicated and impressive but growing in coco coir is simple.

Growing "hempy style" is supposed to be even easier but I haven't gotten to experiment with it yet.

I'm still a newb. I've harvested 5 plants since I started growing in February. Maybe half a pound of dry buds total.

I stumbled across this site while i was looking for some info on growing.

Welcome ProfessorBuds :welcome:

That's how many of us ended up finding 420. Spend some time in The Grow Room. A lot of info packed in there about all of the different methods & styles of grow. I am growing hydroponically in my first grow.

Ian

How's it going, professor?

Hey Flower,
I haven't got around to starting it yet. me & my wallet had a falling out ☹️. i picked the perfect time to start this with xmas around the corner! as soon as i get myself up & running ill keep you updated! Shouldn't be too long.
Thanks for asking tho .

Back
Top Bottom