Hey Members and Guests!

Akornpatch

Well we'd like to take a minute to ask all of our Members and Participants a question. We'd like your honest opinion and a frank discussion on this, so please help the site and participate please.

What is/are your opinion(s) of our "links to other sites" rule?

Please give us thoughts, examples, ideas, and opinions. And questions if you don't know about our link rules.

Thanks for your help!
Akorn:bongrip:

Akorn, please tell us exactly what this rule states, then I feel we can give you an honest opinion.

If it means what I think, then people should still not be allowed to sell things via this website. I believe that is a good rule. However, if it is just a person putting a link up to an item they feel is quality because they have used it personally then I feel this should be allowed.

Well we'd like to take a minute to ask all of our Members and Participants a question. We'd like your honest opinion and a frank discussion on this, so please help the site and participate please.

What is/are your opinion(s) of our "links to other sites" rule?

Please give us thoughts, examples, ideas, and opinions. And questions if you don't know about our link rules.

Thanks for your help!
Akorn:bongrip:

i think other links should be acceptable as long as it's not spam and as long as it's not blatant redundancy, you know?

for example, if the same post is posted in more than 1 forum at a time, and contains a link to say a headshop of some sort... obviously, that's considered spam.

and also, the forum guidelines already state that 420magazine isnt responsible for any links posted from here, that's disclaimer enough IMO.

considering we have a good moderating team :adore: , the board should be ok as long as we catch the malicious links (spam)

my 2C

1) You MUST be 18 or older to enter this website.

2) Marijuana talk only! Other drugs are not to be discussed.

3) Help maintain a friendly atmosphere.

4) Some words and phrases, particularly forms of slander, offend people very dearly. Please refrain from using them.

5) Do not SPAM the forums or your posts will be deleted and you will be banned.

6) If you have a suggestion or complaint, please send a Private Message to one of our Moderators.

7) Administrators and Moderators may remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

8) Racism will not be tolerated.

9) This is not a playground. There will be no talk about getting high with minors or blazing at school and other childish nonsense. This is a place for adults to gather, make friends and actually do something for the cause, not for kids at play.

10) All uploaded pictures automatically become property of 420 Magazine. Please do not upload any pictures that are not 420 related or they will be deleted. We do not allow the use of other image hosting services, please use our gallery for hosting your 420 related pictures. We work too hard to get and retain our members, please help us keep them here. Thanks!

11) 420Magazine.com is not responsible for anything that happens on any of the websites that may be linked from here.

12) Anyone found guilty of violating these rules will be banned by IP address without a trial.

13) 420Magazine.com Grow Forums are for Medical Marijuana Patients and growers who live in a city, state or country where cultivating Cannabis is legal. All postings must be in compliance with the following: Compassionate Use Act of 1996, Health and Safety Code 11362.5, California's Proposition 215, California's SB420, You must be 18-21 years of age (depending on yours state laws) or older to enter, read or join 420Magazine.com. All postings within this forum are in compliance with the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, Health and Safety Code 11362.5. We at 420Magazine.com strongly suggest researching the laws on Cannabis growing in your city/state (check mmp.org or norml.org for your state laws). We at 420Magazine.com do not condone any commercial growing or distribution.

Are these the rules you are referring to? I think they are complete. Why? Have people been questioning the rules?

I think certain links to other websites should be permissible, as long as they are not repetitive, overly huge, or linking to a site that somehow detracts from the goal of legalization. For exampe, I've had a link to my pet-project site sinsebility.com in my signature for a couple of years, and the mods have been fine with making an exception because it is totally legalization-oriented and in no way a forum. I don't think other forums should be allowed to advertise here.

The rule that I question more is the zero-tolerance "no mention of other drugs" rule. Sure, it shouldn't be allowed to promote or to talk solely about other illicit substances, but saying you can't mention their name in telling a story? Come on...

i think balance is the key.

if a link enhances a post and doesn't point to some other marijuana forum or that is spam then in most cases it should be ok. but who is gonna check every link? i know i don't wanna need to check everything someone links to in my forum. on a site i had in the past it was possible for me to block certain links. i don't know if thats possible on this site or not. but it would help.

like i said though, balance. its just finding the balance thats hard.

i like the open discussion.

The rule that I question more is the zero-tolerance "no mention of other drugs" rule. Sure, it shouldn't be allowed to promote or to talk solely about other illicit substances, but saying you can't mention their name in telling a story? Come on...

Like they said in another thread, give some people an inch and they take a mile. The only exception to other drugs being mentioned should only be in the News, and that is posted by a mod or hawk so it is all under control. Talking about drugs defeats the purpose of the website, which is to inform and promote legalization of MJ.

Akorn, please tell us exactly what this rule states, then I feel we can give you an honest opinion.

If it means what I think, then people should still not be allowed to sell things via this website. I believe that is a good rule. However, if it is just a person putting a link up to an item they feel is quality because they have used it personally then I feel this should be allowed.

Oops! Sorry I guess that would be a good thing to know. Basically if it links out of this site to a "Non-sponsored" vendor/supplier (not advertizing or financially supporting 420Magazine) site, or links out to another forum, the Mods will delete the URL. Simple as that.

This is being an unwritten rule for Mods that falls under #7 in post #4 from Brett2theMax.

This topic was started with the permission and guidance of the 420, and we want to know what the public thinks.

Thanks for your input!
Akorn

As long as you don't get those annoying pop up's I could cope! I believe it should be a matter for all the mod's/ owners to seriously consider together and then to make a joint decision!
Get them to cough up fees and endorse 420.

Back
Top Bottom