Heya guys and gals

FurballDaddy

Hey all. :cool:
Well im a new member here, been spending lots of time finding advice and ideas on various things about growing all those beautiful green goddesses, and using them to help with my health. As for experience im usually an outdoor soil grower for various fruit/veg and flowers, even bamboo all from seed, and have done some cuttings of other plants in the past too so im aware of what alot of it takes, buuuuuut at moment ive been on my first grow of these awesome plants in hydro, albeit abit late since i was given some rubbish advice and almost killed the plants, so im glad i came across this site to help me grow for the future.

Welcome Furballdaddy to 420 magazine.
What style of hydro you working with ? Any pics ? Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one check it out !

:welcome: to the forum!

Introduction / Orientation for the forums:
Active participation is rewarded here. Reaching 50 posts will allow personal messaging, as well as voting and entry in our contests. You can congratulate the winners in past contests, and urge on those entering this month. Welcoming new members is also an easy way to increase your post count.

You can save money on your growing needs. Many of our sponsors offer member discounts, which are listed in this thread. Our sponsor Mars Hydro often has exclusive contests here. They have given away least three of their newest grow lights in the past few months. This is the thread to watch for Mars Hydro events. Note that their new SP and TS series of lights have won HID (MH, HPS, and CMH) users over to the LED side of life. SmokeSara, their representative checks in most week days, and will be happy to help you with your lighting needs.

Browse through the journals. You're sure to find one with the same growing medium and nutrients you use. Start your own grow journal here and update it at least weekly. That journal helps us to give better advice should you run into problems. It may take a while, but you'll have folks subbed in soon enough. Finally, if you don't know or are unsure about something, ask! Folks here are very friendly, and would love to help you succeed!

Welcome Furballdaddy to 420 magazine.
What style of hydro you working with ? Any pics ? Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one check it out !

Cheers mate.
Started growing Autos from seed as wanted to see how it went. Using Gro-tank NFT, Advanced Nutrients (Sensi Grow and Bloom, also Bud Candy, Overdrive), and some PK Monster. No pics at mo as been totally embarrassed of the plants after my mate gave me some crap advice about increasing the nutes to 1.8 CF on his BlueLab (as he grows from clones), yet mine were growing well at 1... hes had approx 20years experience than i did so i took the advice but it ended up with me having to pull 2 coz the leaves went brown and dried up (literally crumble), and ive been trying to save the other 2 which i think has worked but obvs slowed down the flowering and developed new growth so not sure how they will even end up.

:welcome: to the forum!

Introduction / Orientation for the forums:
Active participation is rewarded here. Reaching 50 posts will allow personal messaging, as well as voting and entry in our contests. You can congratulate the winners in past contests, and urge on those entering this month. Welcoming new members is also an easy way to increase your post count.

You can save money on your growing needs. Many of our sponsors offer member discounts, which are listed in this thread. Our sponsor Mars Hydro often has exclusive contests here. They have given away least three of their newest grow lights in the past few months. This is the thread to watch for Mars Hydro events. Note that their new SP and TS series of lights have won HID (MH, HPS, and CMH) users over to the LED side of life. SmokeSara, their representative checks in most week days, and will be happy to help you with your lighting needs.

Browse through the journals. You're sure to find one with the same growing medium and nutrients you use. Start your own grow journal here and update it at least weekly. That journal helps us to give better advice should you run into problems. It may take a while, but you'll have folks subbed in soon enough. Finally, if you don't know or are unsure about something, ask! Folks here are very friendly, and would love to help you succeed!

Thanks, yep will have plenty of questions im sure lol. Ive been growing a couple of auto strains. 2 of Amnesia Ryder, and 2 of the Amphetamine Auto. Been growing them in 2 Gro-tank NFT systems to make sure they kept separate enough. Had them growing well enough, ok abit slowly as a first time getting used to it all, slowly increasing nutes etc but were still growing, got them to 2ft tall and were flowering well with lots of developing bud-sites, using the ph pen and ec/tdc meter too.. then a mate who has been growing from clones for years said my nutes were too low etc as his bluelab was saying it was too low, and said i had to up the nutes till it reached the 1.8 on his meter. Safe to say, 24hrs later his meter was registering 3.2 and all the fan leaves had turned brown and started drying out and so eventually had to pull 2 of the plants, im hoping the other 2 will produce something decent but who knows. I spent the last 10 days trying to keep them going by flushing and used pure water over the roots in the tray to try and stop any further nute lockout and burning. So hopefully these other 2 will do well.
Im looking forward to advice in the future with everything.

I can definitely relate to that . I used advanced nutrients for four years , converted to MegaCrop nutrients. Do not be embarrassed check out one of my grows in my signature.

These are how they ended up looking, thats AFTER ive spent 10days flushing everything, so hence the 2 worst ones had to go

Attachments

• 20191204_115348.jpg
    20191204_115348.jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191204_115342.jpg
    20191204_115342.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 81
  • 20191204_115336.jpg
    20191204_115336.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20191204_115325.jpg
    20191204_115325.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
I can definitely relate to that . I used advanced nutrients for four years , converted to MegaCrop nutrients. Do not be embarrassed check out one of my grows in my signature.

The nutes were working great tbh, till he was telling me to up them. These were how they were before...they were healthy and happy IMO

Attachments

• 20191120_145931.jpg
    20191120_145931.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20191120_145917.jpg
    20191120_145917.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20191120_145907.jpg
    20191120_145907.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • 20191120_145859.jpg
    20191120_145859.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • 20191120_145848.jpg
    20191120_145848.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 95
The nutes were working great tbh, till he was telling me to up them. These were how they were before...they were healthy and happy IMO
I ran ANutrients at 25 & 50% of the manufacturers dosing and did great . Those nutrients will blow the tips of your fan leaves smooth off .

See that brown tip in the first image? That is the start of nutrient burn. At some time while that leaf was around the nutrients were already a little too strong.

I ran ANutrients at 25 & 50% of the manufacturers dosing and did great . Those nutrients will blow the tips of your fan leaves smooth off .

Well its good to hear that i was actually doing the right thing before i took his advice then because they were really developing well, had an amazing smell and looked so healthy.. We live and learn i guess, been proper gutted as i had them all happy and then I basically killed them with his advice. The difference between the pics i put up was literally within a couple of days, i noticed the day after i did it and started flushing but 2 of them were doomed. The other 2 i have will hopefully be ok enough, the one at the back (also in my profile pic) shows the healthier of the 2, which looks like itll produce something but not much.
I have some more seeds to give a go (not bag seed, but from breeders such as COTC, Dinafem, World of Seeds, and a few freebie seeds thrown in.. I only do 4 at a time maximum as i have a 1.2m x 1.2m x2m tent so i try to give them space. I even have an Incredible Bulk and some BigBomb seed. Once this one ends ill look at restarting, but will go by advice here.

See that brown tip in the first image? That is the start of nutrient burn. At some time while that leaf was around the nutrients were already a little too strong.

Yeah i was usually running nutes at 50% of suggestion, then i increased to 75% as didnt want to overload them but when that all happened i had first increased it, so i took out some of the solution and put the same amount of just water back in and it didnt go further until i did what my mate said. Im a silly twat really for listening when i could see already what i was doing was right, so it was a steep learning curve and thankfully i came across 420 so i know theres loads of you giving awesome advice.

Welcome to the forum :Namaste:

have you thought of starting a grow journal?
Heya mate, yep have thought about it alot actually.. defo will be bringing a journal soon, i kinda like to bring a surprise to the party ;)

Back
Top Bottom