Heya

coconutsally

420 Member
This is a great site and resource. Been looking thru the boards for a few weeks now as i've been building out my grow room. I followed dig's wilma grow journal here, which from start to finish yielded some really nice plants ...

I'm running a wilma 8 pot in a 1800 x 2750 with 2400 high custom room.

2 x 600w HDI lights

Using nefarious nutes.

growing six jack herrers and two white rhinos, all from clone.

which all seems big and sounds like a lot, haha ... but ultimately all the flower goes to making cbd and cbd & thc oil. so that extraction process uses up alotta flower.

I've grown outdoors for a few years with friends back 15 yrs ago ... but this is my first indoor grow ever. i've always preferred outdoor flower for myself, usually a mellow(er) afghan.

The plants just got transplanted from styrene cups into the big pots, running a 70/30 perlite-coco mix. I haven't hooked up water to the wilmas yet, and just watering by hand 3-times per day

200ml nefarious A & B at 10.15pm
200ml water at 7am
200ml water at 1pm

Lights 18/6 lights off 4pm and on again at 10pm .. i'm in a pretty cold climate, and the temps i'm running are only around 20-22 degrees and with around 60-75% humidity with lights on.

at lights off the temps can get down to single digits with zero humidity. not sure how to raise them?

the plants are looking a little yellow after transplant, i think i had the lights too low, and they were drying out?

i'm looking forward to absorbing everything in here like a sponge! if anyone has any ideas about grow and anything i can do to help the girls along, i'd be super stoked to hear :)

:peace:

This is a great site and resource. Been looking thru the boards for a few weeks now as i've been building out my grow room. I followed dig's wilma grow journal here, which from start to finish yielded some really nice plants ...

I'm running a wilma 8 pot in a 1800 x 2750 with 2400 high custom room.

2 x 600w HDI lights

Using nefarious nutes.

growing six jack herrers and two white rhinos, all from clone.

which all seems big and sounds like a lot, haha ... but ultimately all the flower goes to making cbd and cbd & thc oil. so that extraction process uses up alotta flower.

I've grown outdoors for a few years with friends back 15 yrs ago ... but this is my first indoor grow ever. i've always preferred outdoor flower for myself, usually a mellow(er) afghan.

The plants just got transplanted from styrene cups into the big pots, running a 70/30 perlite-coco mix. I haven't hooked up water to the wilmas yet, and just watering by hand 3-times per day

200ml nefarious A & B at 10.15pm
200ml water at 7am
200ml water at 1pm

Lights 18/6 lights off 4pm and on again at 10pm .. i'm in a pretty cold climate, and the temps i'm running are only around 20-22 degrees and with around 60-75% humidity with lights on.

at lights off the temps can get down to single digits with zero humidity. not sure how to raise them?

the plants are looking a little yellow after transplant, i think i had the lights too low, and they were drying out?

i'm looking forward to absorbing everything in here like a sponge! if anyone has any ideas about grow and anything i can do to help the girls along, i'd be super stoked to hear :)

:peace:
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

I'd really like to start a journal, but I'm not sure about posting pics. what i'm doing here is pretty illegal haha

where i live, it's still so backwards they'd probs throw me in jail.
Be careful and do what your comfortable with.
We would really hate to loose you.
Bill

Welcome @coconutsally

When your ready to start your grow journal here's the link.

Also, there are contest you can enter to win free grow stuff after you get 50 post.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome @coconutsally

When your ready to start your grow journal here's the link.

Also, there are contest you can enter to win free grow stuff after you get 50 post.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Hey @Tokin Roll hope you are well my friend.
Quick question.
Remember I'm old and computer illiterate.
How do I keep those 2 links handy so I don't have to search them every time to give them to new members.
I don't want you being the only one helping raise awareness. :Namaste:
We need a team helping, not just you.
Thank you.
Bill

Welcome!

I'd like to address a couple of your questions:

"at lights off the temps can get down to single digits with zero humidity. not sure how to raise them?"

You could try a seed heat mat to keep the roots/soil warm (75-78F) but be careful not to over water (root rot). Covering at night can also minimize shock from cold.

Increasing humidity by hanging wet towels near plant or a bucket of water with air stones and a fan blowing across it

"the plants are looking a little yellow after transplant, i think i had the lights too low, and they were drying out?"

Yellowing leaves indicate the slowing down of chlorophyll production, your plant may be having difficulties absorbing soil nutrients after transplanting. Have you checked the PH of the water your using? Shoot for a water PH of 6.3
Over watering can also be a cause.

Welcome!

I'd like to address a couple of your questions:

"at lights off the temps can get down to single digits with zero humidity. not sure how to raise them?"

You could try a seed heat mat to keep the roots/soil warm (75-78F) but be careful not to over water (root rot). Covering at night can also minimize shock from cold.

Increasing humidity by hanging wet towels near plant or a bucket of water with air stones and a fan blowing across it

"the plants are looking a little yellow after transplant, i think i had the lights too low, and they were drying out?"

Yellowing leaves indicate the slowing down of chlorophyll production, your plant may be having difficulties absorbing soil nutrients after transplanting. Have you checked the PH of the water your using? Shoot for a water PH of 6.3
Over watering can also be a cause.

Ah thank you so much jay.

water pH is 6.2-64 in the 3 readings i took, never over 6.4 and not under 6.2. EC is at 0.5 ... after transplant (bcos they're clones) we went with half strength nutes (nefarious A & B) and will up that later in the week.

i think all in all, considering the plants have been through a little bit -- big transplant and a long drive to relocate, they're going mostly ok.

the real spinny bit is the white rhino -- indica -- is struggling in the lower temps, while the sativa Jacks have really boomed in the last 48 hours and seem to be thriving.

Rhinos still look a little pale and almost a little spotty. I'll grab a photo later today.

thanks heaps for the advice :peace:

Hello and Welcome to the forum, and I to was nervous about posting pics and stuff because I am deep in prohibition land, but then one day I was like” u kno what, fuck them and fuck it, if they wanna spend all kinds of money to investigate and pinch me, that’s their waste” I grow for myself just to save money and I give some to friends now and then but most of it never leaves my place once it’s there lol but definitely only post what u feel comfortable posting, hopefully sooner rather later we r all free to grow and share our experience without the threat of persecution

Your yellowing leaves could be from the soil & roots being too cold & not taking up the nutes. If your pots are on the ground put something under them. A small space heater works wonders. I used one all winter in my grow shed.

Cheers buds ... they're up off the ground in a wilma 8-pot set up.

now that the wilma is cranking them with nutes, all the jacks are booming, but the 2 white rhinos look a little sad. i think it's the humidity.

installing an intake fan & extraction today/ tomorrow which should help ... i think i need much better airflow.

Hello and Welcome to the forum, and I to was nervous about posting pics and stuff because I am deep in prohibition land, but then one day I was like” u kno what, fuck them and fuck it, if they wanna spend all kinds of money to investigate and pinch me, that’s their waste” I grow for myself just to save money and I give some to friends now and then but most of it never leaves my place once it’s there lol but definitely only post what u feel comfortable posting, hopefully sooner rather later we r all free to grow and share our experience without the threat of persecution

ah i know right! funny thing is i barely smoke at all. A mellow, high cbd or at least 1:1 cbd/thc strain is all i can handle these days :D

all of my flower goes towards making cbd and cbd & thc oil, which then goes to people in the area who need it. a guy with debilitating ptsd, a girl with epilepsy & seizures and countless people with back pain, insomina, arthritis, fibromyalgia etc who are so over pharma drugs and the side effects who are ready to end it, if we didn't step in.

all medicinal and all of a genuine need. but pharma, gov and the backwards legislation they create prevents all that from happening, so we make it happen ourselves.

heya folks ... been plodding along with the grow.

things are getting pretty wild in the room, i'm leopard crawling on my stomach (like in the military to get around the room) haha

i've had this problem show itself, and i cannot for the life of my diagnose it? A yellow and browning of the very tips of the sugar leaves. Fan leaves are fine.
it doesn't seem to be light related, as it's no worse at the top of the plant as at the bottom?

and conversely not nitrogen deficient, as it's no worse at the bottom.

we're running a wilma 8 pot system under 2 HPS lights set to super lumens.

room temps are 20-22 during lights on, down to about 11-12 degrees (Celsius) at lights out. humidity has been high, up around high 70's % down to around 50% on dryer days... but we're running hepa filters on fans and intake to keep mold and mildew out.

any ideas what this could be? its the very tips and doesn't seem to be getting worse after it appeared 4-5 days ago.

plants are around 5 to weeks until harvest.

jack herer's ...

cheers peeps :)

hemp_.jpg

oh yeah ... since about week 4 of flower ... we've had to flush and refil the wilma each week, to the day.

we're using floramax nutes and the salinity just builds and as soon as the EC starts to spike we're draining, and re-filling.

first time using floraax and a wilma ... just wondering if that's normal, and related to the tips yellowing and browning

cheers again :)

Back
Top Bottom