Heya

ah really? that's good to know.

it's my 1st time in a wilma and using flroamax and growing jack's ... so many firsts haha

might just be a little nute tipping. that's a good thing, but only if it doesn't progress.
sense that and a slight nute pull is what is going on here. i'd be more worried about a nute pull.

it's gonna want a flower diet now, so watch to see if it pulls hard on pk. if you're gonna run a booster now is the time to plan head room for it and begin on it.

might just be a little nute tipping. that's a good thing, but only if it doesn't progress.
sense that and a slight nute pull is what is going on here. i'd be more worried about a nute pull.

it's gonna want a flower diet now, so watch to see if it pulls hard on pk. if you're gonna run a booster now is the time to plan head room for it and begin on it.

thanks!

when you say pk, you mean phosphorous and potassium?

so a nute pull ... possibly pulling the phosphorous?

with floramax, it's a total all-round program ... but i've been suspicious for a while now on it -- it produces lots of salt in the system, far beyond what any other nute program has before. we're flushing once per week, as soon as the EC rises a point -- ie 1.7 to 1.8 we're flushing ...

and with floramax you always top up with the A and B, which is the same A and B you use in veg state. Which has me questioning the whole nitrogen to phosphorous ratio ??

feels like it's too much nitrogen and not enough phosophurous ...

thanks for the help!

Keep your eye on them. I haven't figured if it's a problem starting or what on mine but most of my grows do it and I've seen others also with great outcomes.

ha! yep, watching them like a hawk...

apparently there was an 8 hour blackout here last week, which reset the timers for the lights. So they had 20 hours of consecutive light, which is probably what started the tips burning. light stress, and now the nutes balance aren't quite right.

what booster do you recommend, bluter?

when you say pk, you mean phosphorous and potassium?

so a nute pull ... possibly pulling the phosphorous?

yes and yes. it'd be a general pull but potassium or phos usually is what you see first. nute needs for everything goes up in flower. n doesn't really drop so much as plateaus or stays the same as it did in veg. the plant just wants more of everything else

with floramax, it's a total all-round program ... but i've been suspicious for a while now on it -- it produces lots of salt in the system, far beyond what any other nute program has before. we're flushing once per week, as soon as the EC rises a point -- ie 1.7 to 1.8 we're flushing ...

i'm not sure if a flush or water side is part of that nute sched. i'd check the nute chart first to see. most dry nutes are a feed constant approach, unless it's a top dress app that gets watered in.

and with floramax you always top up with the A and B, which is the same A and B you use in veg state. Which has me questioning the whole nitrogen to phosphorous ratio ??

feels like it's too much nitrogen and not enough phosophurous ...

would have to see the chart.

there is a spreadsheet tool a member built that allows you to drop your nute figures in and it will return the percentage values. i mostly go by a read on the plants, and don't get that techy.

apparently there was an 8 hour blackout here last week, which reset the timers for the lights. So they had 20 hours of consecutive light, which is probably what started the tips burning. light stress, and now the nutes balance aren't quite right.

that wouldn't be enough to do it on it's own. it's a straight nute thing.
i wouldn't be in panic mode as they look pretty good. it is time to be feeding a solid flower diet though.

what booster do you recommend, bluter?

i don't really. i find most do not bad.
a few don't do anything. i wasn't impressed with AN's offer.

i used GH stuff with good results previous, plus i've used holland's secret, emerald forest, tiger bloom, some others i don't recall ... unsulphured blackstrap molasses works in soil and coco. better in soil though.

right now i use bud explosion mostly cause i'm running MC usually. it'd work with any dry nute app like jacks. you really have to make room for it though.

i recommend doing a run with just the base nutes of whatever line you choose to go with. it's good to get a feel for the nutes, and how the plants work with them before tossing the kitchen sink at them.

i run with very minimal stuff. at present it's just MC, calmag, and the BE. that's it. if you need 20 bottles to get there, walk away.

yes and yes. it'd be a general pull but potassium or phos usually is what you see first. nute needs for everything goes up in flower. n doesn't really drop so much as plateaus or stays the same as it did in veg. the plant just wants more of everything else

i'm not sure if a flush or water side is part of that nute sched. i'd check the nute chart first to see. most dry nutes are a feed constant approach, unless it's a top dress app that gets watered in.

would have to see the chart.

there is a spreadsheet tool a member built that allows you to drop your nute figures in and it will return the percentage values. i mostly go by a read on the plants, and don't get that techy.

that wouldn't be enough to do it on it's own. it's a straight nute thing.
i wouldn't be in panic mode as they look pretty good. it is time to be feeding a solid flower diet though.

i don't really. i find most do not bad.
a few don't do anything. i wasn't impressed with AN's offer.

i used GH stuff with good results previous, plus i've used holland's secret, emerald forest, tiger bloom, some others i don't recall ... unsulphured blackstrap molasses works in soil and coco. better in soil though.

right now i use bud explosion mostly cause i'm running MC usually. it'd work with any dry nute app like jacks. you really have to make room for it though.

i recommend doing a run with just the base nutes of whatever line you choose to go with. it's good to get a feel for the nutes, and how the plants work with them before tossing the kitchen sink at them.

i run with very minimal stuff. at present it's just MC, calmag, and the BE. that's it. if you need 20 bottles to get there, walk away.

ahhh. that's awesome info. thank so much for taking the time for that.

so with pk nute pull ... it's basically the flower eating it's own leaves? that makes total sense.

it was baffling the shit outta me, why it was only sugar leaves showing this "burn" ... but the flowers drawing in and hungry and looking for food and start stealing it from the leaves.

just added 110ml of resin xs flower booster ... it raised EC a 0.1pt to 1.9

i'll do some updates in here with some pics.

again! thanks so much hey!

I'd really like to start a journal, but I'm not sure about posting pics. what i'm doing here is pretty illegal haha

where i live, it's still so backwards they'd probs throw me in jail.
Welcome! I live in what will probably be the very last state to legalize...

I don't want you being the only one helping raise awareness. :Namaste:
We need a team helping, not just you.
I just have three tabs open, one I work on and the other two with links.

But, you are right; we have lots of great member willing and wanting to help new member navigate the site, and get them out of the introduction area and into the grow journal area.

If you want to start helping direct new member; I would say go for it. Sometimes it may be a couple days, before I catch them all.

Tok..

If you start doing this you will become a sharp shooter on all the Outside Vendors solicitating.

This is a great site and resource. Been looking thru the boards for a few weeks now as i've been building out my grow room. I followed dig's wilma grow journal here, which from start to finish yielded some really nice plants ...

I'm running a wilma 8 pot in a 1800 x 2750 with 2400 high custom room.

2 x 600w HDI lights

Using nefarious nutes.

growing six jack herrers and two white rhinos, all from clone.

which all seems big and sounds like a lot, haha ... but ultimately all the flower goes to making cbd and cbd & thc oil. so that extraction process uses up alotta flower.

I've grown outdoors for a few years with friends back 15 yrs ago ... but this is my first indoor grow ever. i've always preferred outdoor flower for myself, usually a mellow(er) afghan.

The plants just got transplanted from styrene cups into the big pots, running a 70/30 perlite-coco mix. I haven't hooked up water to the wilmas yet, and just watering by hand 3-times per day

200ml nefarious A & B at 10.15pm
200ml water at 7am
200ml water at 1pm

Lights 18/6 lights off 4pm and on again at 10pm .. i'm in a pretty cold climate, and the temps i'm running are only around 20-22 degrees and with around 60-75% humidity with lights on.

at lights off the temps can get down to single digits with zero humidity. not sure how to raise them?

the plants are looking a little yellow after transplant, i think i had the lights too low, and they were drying out?

i'm looking forward to absorbing everything in here like a sponge! if anyone has any ideas about grow and anything i can do to help the girls along, i'd be super stoked to hear :)

:peace:
Anyone still use superthrive i do and have been for years it really helps with transplant shock and creates healthy micro organisms in the soil creating super plants

I just have three tabs open, one I work on and the other two with links.

But, you are right; we have lots of great member willing and wanting to help new member navigate the site, and get them out of the introduction area and into the grow journal area.

If you want to start helping direct new member; I would say go for it. Sometimes it may be a couple days, before I catch them all.

Tok..

If you start doing this you will become a sharp shooter on all the Outside Vendors solicitating.
What do you mean by "outside vendors soliciting?"

What do you mean by "outside vendors soliciting?"
I’m assuming he’s is referring to companies that r not sponsors of the site, that try to advertise on here

Welcome to the party @coconutsally! :welcome:

I wouldn't worry about posting pics. You've already outed yourself! :laugh:

Anyone still use superthrive i do and have been for years it really helps with transplant shock and creates healthy micro organisms in the soil creating super plants
I'm looking for a nute program i can stick to, hey.

floramax is delivering some fantastic results... but it comes at a cost. The saline levels are pretty insane, and i'm flushing my system each week.

it's labour intensive, it's wasting a crap-ton of water (around 200l) per flush and of course the $$ add up. which is half the reason i think they've made it the way they have. they've found a way to kinda force you to weekly flush with the salt levels, and end up buying twice as much nutes per grow.

is there one brand or program that is a consensus, "best one"?

Back
Top Bottom