HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Hi All,

I can't find the post, but someone asked about the spots on the leaves. I'll keep looking back to see if I can find it.

Freedom 2 is looking a little ragged with all the wind we have had in the last few days. I staked her up and it seems to have helped, The top of the plant has a kink in it from the wind, so I'm not sure if she is a growing spurt since moving outside or I am just hoping that she is leaping upward. Of course if she continues to grow I will have to move her again.

Peace. :peace:

Hi guys Im no expert but some of the leaves have veins darker green than the rest of the leaf which I think could be a magnesium problem? Spots could be water droplet burn - I see some water droplets in the pics.

Hey there HashGirl and Felonious! Sorry I took so long to stop over.. I had asked about the spots on the plants from in the CBD grow community thread. I was hoping I could help out with the issue. Looks like oldbear got to it for you, have you made any adjustments since then to your nutrient feedings?

Lets look into it a bit farther as well.. Are you watering/feeding from above the plant and having the mixture drop over the leaves, or are you just watering straight into the soil? Water droplets alone during the day when the lights are on can cause burn marks on the leaves, the droplets act as a magnifying glass and that is what can cause the spots on the Durban Poisons that I can see. The other thing that could be possible if you are feeding from above the plants is that the nutrient mix is too strong to be applied directly to the plants leaves, just ensure you are watering from below the canopy. If you would like to foliar feed as well, 1/4-1/3 strength nutes are fine for fine mist spraying.

The leaves at the bottom of the Dutch Treats, were they starting to yellow before turning to the curled up burnt looking leaf? Sometimes if a plant is getting low on nitrogen it will start to suck it up from the lowest leaves which can cause them to turn yellow and then crisp up, this will happen from the bottom up. Also, sometimes plants will eventually shed some of the lower leaves on a plant that aren't getting sufficient light or have already served their purpose. Is this only happening to a couple of the lower leaves??

The other thing that oldbear had mentioned about the magnesium deficiency due to the color of the veins on the leaves, I do notice this on the dutch treats but it's on the new growth, sometimes the newest growth can look different from the rest of the plant. It also doesn't hurt to be adding calmag to your feeding schedule especially if using RO water. What type of water are you using?

Hopefully some of this info will help you out and once you get back to me about the questions I've asked we will see if we can narrow things down :) Thanks for inviting me over HG, always glad to help out if I can!

Hi All,

Sorry about being so slow replying.

I am convinced that this is an under watering problem.

I was trying to stay on top of it but with all the hired help around here and with the reduction in privacy with the removal of several trees to get a pool installed this summer, the plants have been neglected.

Freedom 2 is looking great out in the forest. I got out there to water her, plus we've had some rain lately. This points me to stress from under watering, not nutrient deficiency.

We still have 5 plants in the tent. I watered them this morning and should not have problems tending to them this coming week.

Thanks for all your help, I will keep you posted.

Good morning.

I have more photos for our journal. I'll start with the Freedom Dreams. We have 3 Freedoms left -- Free2, Free3 and Free4. Free2 was planted outside on June 9 and Freedom 3 was planted outside earlier this week:

FREE4 - DAY 44

Photo_1_-_Free4_-_Day_441.jpg

Photo_2_-_Free2_-_Day_44.jpg

Photo_3_-_Free2_-_Day_44.JPG

FREE2 - DAY 51
Photo_17_-_Free_2_-_Day_51.jpg

Photo_19_-_Free_2_-_Day_51.jpg

FREE3 - DAY 43
Photo_20_-_Free_3_-_Day_43.jpg

​The two Freedoms that were planted outside appear to be thriving in the partly shady part of our yard.

And, finally, here are our Durban Poisons. Durban 1 is 45 days' old and Durban 2 is 43 days' old:

DURBAN 1 - DAY 45
Photo_10_-_Durban_1_-_Day_45.jpg

Photo_11_-_Durban_1_-_Day_45.jpg

Photo_12_-_Durban_1_-_Day_45.jpg

DURBAN 2 - DAY 43
Photo_13_-_Durban_2_-_Day_43.jpg

Photo_14_-_Durban_2_-_Day_43.jpg

Photo_15_-_Durban_2_-_Day_43.JPG

Photo_16_-_Durban_2_-_Day_43.jpg

​And, that's it for this week. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Good afternoon.

It's time for the weekly photos. First up is Freedom 4, the only indoor Freedom Dream at this point. She's 52 days' old:

Photo_1_-_Free4_-_Day_52.jpg

Photo_2_-_Free4_-_Day_52.jpg

Photo_3_-_Free4_-_Day_52.jpg

And, here are the two outside Freedom Dreams. Free2 is 59 days' old and Free3 is 52 days' old. Check out the nice cola on Free2.

FREE2 - DAY 59

Photo_20_-_Free2_-_Day_59.jpg

Photo_21_-_Free2_-_Day_59.jpg

Photo_22_-_Free2_-_Day_59.jpg

FREE3 - DAY 52
Photo_23_-_Free3_-_Day_52.jpg

Photo_24_-_Free3_-_Day_52.jpg

Photo_25_-_Free3_-_Day_52.jpg

Photo_26_-_Free3_-_Day_52.jpg

Hi All,

I transplanted CBDutch 1 & 2 yesterday. So far they look good.

This has been a bad summer to grow because of all the contractors and family poking around. It is risky moving the CBDUTCH out to the forest with the Freedoms. I know tending to them will be a problem since the forest is in view of the neighbours, and hauling water back there will raise suspicions. I'm hoping for a wet August so I don't have to haul water. Mostly this is turning into a gorilla grow. The alternative was not to start a grow, or if it got to be too much, kill the plants. We are hoping this alternative plan will produce a decent crop.

CBDUTCH 1 - DAY 72

20170722_092045.jpg

CBDUTCH 2 - DAY 72
20170722_092103.jpg

Not sure how wet it has been down your way but this must be the wettest summer since I've been in Ontario. My lawn is usually burning up by this point and this year I haven't even watered it. So you might be in luck.

I guess it would depend on whose perspective it is that rain is good. :laugh:

Not sure how wet it has been down your way but this must be the wettest summer since I've been in Ontario. My lawn is usually burning up by this point and this year I haven't even watered it. So you might be in luck.

Back
Top Bottom