HG Mars 2 1600 ChuckyCocoa LEDBonanza

HiddenGrow

Hi 420 Community :goodjob: Finding this
HiddenGrow is up and running with a new setup, no outdoor business all indoor this time
The Setup

Flower Tent:
5'x5' 78" tall Mylar grow tent from amazon
5 Gallon smartpots
Chucky Coir fiber
4' diameter Kiddie pool for a makeshift drain table
tall osculating fan
Mars 2 1600 From TopLED
No Vent fan
Temperature 60F/85F

Veg Tent
4'x4' Mylar grow tent from amazon
400w Apollo Horticulture ballast & Vertical umbrella hood (bad choice on my part)
4 4' T5 light fixtures around the perimeter of the plants for surrounding light
small fan
Vent fan 6" 300+CFM
Temperature 70F/85F its harder to keep this tent's temperature stable so the high fluctuates to the low 90s but now that winter is coming its getting easier.
3 Gallon grow bags
1 Gallon pots

The Plants!
The flower tent has 8 pots with 2 Tahoe Express/6 Diamond Express Two plants per pot because I ran out of room when vegetating them
Flower time: Unknown.
They are approx 6 weeks old and suffered Heat/Nute stress two weeks ago when I left them in the care of a friend. I feel that they are on the road to recovery and will be ready to flower by the first weeks of November.

The Veg Tent has four plants that are in high shock from the care of my friend. I think it was a combination of heat stress and nute lock. ( The two weeks he had them under his care local temps rocketed to the high of 110F setting off records for the month of September )
The strains are 2 Sour bubbles (Bog genetics) and 2 Strawberry Tahoes (Progressive Options Genetics) I hope that they recover and I get a flower harvest from them at least once.
I have 9 new clones from Kush cup LA
Green Tree Express delivery Genetics
2 Life Preserver 50/50 Hybrid
2 Banana Kush 70/30 Indica
2 9LB Hammer 60/40 Sativa
1 Mystery Strawberry It was a free clone that was unlabeled
2 Atomic NL 70/30 Sativa 60 day flower (Different Genetics Company)
this was all done from memory, so I would have to contact the company for more information on the flowering time and to double check genetic info
Pictures & Nute info will come soon I don't want to overwhelm the viewers and I'm sure that I filled up Quite a bit of space and that isn't even the half of this haha.:Namaste::thanks:

Today, I'm gonna talk about nutes by brand

Advanced Nutrients:
Sensizym rootzone rejuvenator
Rhino Skin
Overdrive
Sensi Bloom A&B

Botanicare
Kind Grow
Fulvex
Cal-Mag Plus

BioAg Ful-Power Humic acid
Growmore Seaweed Extract
GeneralHydroponics FloroGrow
BushDoctor SledgeHammer

I use tap water that has been filtered. ph balanced to 6.5
Today's feeding was Rhino Skin 1ml, Sensizym 1.5ml, seaweed extract 2ml, Cal-Mag 1ml, and a drop of superthrive. I do two different feedings of nutes with plain water in between.
The veg tent received the same nutes, with 1ml of FloroGrow added.

Here is the Flower Tent
PhonePhotos_484.jpg
PhonePhotos_502.jpg

I'm not sure why these pictures are upside down
PhonePhotos_503.jpg
PhonePhotos_504.jpg
PhonePhotos_505.jpg
PhonePhotos_506.jpg
PhonePhotos_507.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if the leaf curl is caused by a watering issue or if its case by the LED lights being too close, I already have the lights hanging at least 26" I was wondering if I should raise it another half a foot or a whole foot and see if that helps them.

Here is the Veg tent
Yesterday I removed the two plants that were doing the worst and put back in a few Diamond and Tahoe Expresses that didn't fit in the flowering tent after I transplanted the ones I wanted to flower.
I noticed in the flowering tent when I had them inside the leaves looked similar to the others, with everything being curled down. Now they seem healthy and happy so it makes me believe that Ive had my lights too low this entire time. Any feedback Is appreciated.

0012026.jpg
0022010.jpg
0031931.jpg
PhonePhotos_481.jpg

In the Last picture, the plants that were moved outside were the center closest, the closest to the right, and the center far back Plants were taken outside. notice the closest one having droopy leaves. (probably just before I watered that day.) The next day they were perked up and very healthy looking.
Picture soon to come.

It's been a while since I updated the journal. The substrate that I was using was inadequate for plant life. After a month there was little root growth and the little guys showed signs every nute deficiency. I decided it would be best to scrap the plants and start over. In the 4x4 tent i have one Sour Bubble plant from bog genetics that has been transplanted to a 5 gallon smart pot, and will be vegging under the 400w Mh Solis tek bulb 4000k. The Mars 2 has an outdoor plant that began its flowering stages and I plan on moving some teen plants into it after it starts getting into heavy flower ( it was a stressed plant that I moved outdoor to give it time to recover.) I don't plan on having that plant flower with the teen ones so ill be moving it back outside to finish up.

I have been having some heat issues with the Mars 2, its not hot enough xD so I was wondering if it would be better to have the light on during the day to keep the heat around 85, cause that can easily be achieved. during the night I can only maintain the temp around 70-75 without installing a heater which is more bills bills bills. So which is better having the temps 85 during lights on and 60-50 a night or 75 lights on and 70 lights off? The MH doesnt have that issue so I can keep it on at night and still roughly be around 85 degrees.

I have set up my closet as a little nursery since inside I can keep the humidity high for the plants, under four t5 lights I have Six WiFi, and four ChemD from the POgenetics. I plan on veggin these for a few weeks then throwing them in the tent with the sour bubble for flowering.
Pictures will be coming soon.

I'm actually testing the Mars II 1200 against Solar Specs. Can't wait to see what happens. Too bad I don't have a Mars-Hydro instead.

Haven't Posted any updates for a while. I've been having trouble with pests and root shock from the chunky coco blocks. The original clones I started with are showing signs of recovery. New leaves are slowly growing and there has been minor browning of the leaves since transplanting. They are currently in my closet where the temp ranges from low 60F-85F high with a RH of 40-60%. My tent in my shed has been experiencing temperature drops due to the pacific storm that has hit this past week.
Any Ideas on cheap heating elements? The light does a good job, but I have switched to the Gas Lantern Routine so its not on as long as i would want it to be. Temp really drops when I have the exhaust fan on which is only periodically during daylight hours. Is 240 cfm too high for a 4x4 tent? I thought about it and it does seem high since I'm not pushing enough watts to need that much cooling.
WP_20141215_002.jpg
WP_20141215_001.jpg

I have six WIFIs that are doing great in the envroment, while I have four Chem Ds that appear to be needing a little more N in their water mixture. Should I make several mixtures for each Plant so non gets burned or N poisioning?

So yesterday I lined the Mars 2 tent with Panda film to condense the light and add insulation. The hour that breaks the night period has caused the temperature to jump to 100 its on at 2-3PM with daily temperatures reaching 65. I find it funny that when you want something you get it and more.

Anyways I also got a product called NPK Industries presents Mighty Wash that is supposed to be used for the destruction of spider mites. I sprayed them two days ago and it seems like they all have had some sort of improvement. I am planning on moving more to the Mars 2 flowering tent but I am still watching the Chem Ds to see if they will recover from the transplanting shock. The White Fires were in the Mars tent for the first day when it reached 100. Hopefully I can figure out how to keep the temp stable.

Whats up everyone, I've been Vegging under T5 lights for a while with pretty fair success. Since I transitioned to the LED lights the plants are experiencing leaf curl similar to over watering, but they are kinda twisted. I wanted to veg them for two more weeks before switching them. I wonder if anyone has had a problem like this with or without LEDs. I also transplanted them so it could be shock.
How do ya'll water your plants? I was wondering if you give nutes with every watering or if you give a feeding every other watering. Also what level do you keep your N during veg? I'm using the Botanicare grow and cal mag with a few extra supplements and the leaves appear yellow, I've added more of the Cal Mag since and I'm waiting to see the results.
WP_20141226_0051.jpg

The temp balances out at 86 Humidity at night has been lower than expected around 40% which I'm working on Day time temperature got to 91 today with a really low humidity. I wonder I could move my hour on later in the day to keep temps down. Other than that I cant seem to figure it out what could be wrong.
I have my feeding levels written down and I'll upload that after this post. I have moved all the Chem Ds under the Mars 2 to fill in the canopy. The Chem Ds were really looking like they were starving for Nitrogen so I've increased the levels for all my plants because I felt like I May have been under cutting them.
WP_20141227_005.jpg
WP_20141227_004.jpg
WP_20141227_003.jpg
WP_20141227_002.jpg
WP_20141227_0011.jpg
WP_20141226_009.jpg

I have since added Yeast Co2 generators and I hope that boost the energy for them.

Here is the feeding chart from the time I transplanted the White Fires under the Mars 2.
They are currently in 1 and 2 gallon to see which develops a rootball faster. I have different ratios of the perlite to Coco.
Canna Coco/Chunky Perlite
1 Gal 40/60 to two White Fires
2 Gal 40/60 to two White Fires
2 Gal 20/80 to two White Fires

12/24 Transplant feeding
3L Mix .5L per plant

Seaweed Extract 2.5ml
Ful-Power 3ml
Fulvex 3ml
Cal-Mag 3ml
Kind Grow 2.25 ml
Rhino Skin 2ml
Roots Excelerator .25ml
Sensizyn 2ml
PH 5.8-6.0

The Chem Ds got a feeding before being moved under the Mars 2. I decided to increase the Nitrogen for the plants due to a yellowing and wilting look to the leaves. Up until this point the Chem Ds were given the same nute mixture as the White Fires, but the white fires responded to the light feeding much better. Although the Chem Ds were immediately transplanted to a Gal container 60/40 Coco/Perlite while the white fires were put in a cup with the same mixture. I believe the bigger pots absorb more nutes than the plant can so it would require a higher dose for the same results.

12/26 Chem D feeding
2/3 Gal
Seaweed Extract 3ml
Ful-Power 3ml
Fulvex 3ml
Kind Grow 3ml
Cal-Mag 5.5ml
SensiZym 2ml
PH 6.0
I added a Liter of water to balance the PH at 6.0 originally I PH downed it to 5.0 accidentally
I gave each plant around 600 ml of the feeding. I will be cutting it down to 300ml next time because the leaves started to droop from over watering.

In the shed tent I am still fighting for the plants I got that became infested with spider mites. After Purchasing Mighty Wash and followed the tek and sprayed them down two times the new growth looks mighty fine, but its too soon to be sure in my opinion. One lonely mite could cause another problem.

400W shed tent Feeding 12/24
1 Gal
Kind Grow 4ml
Fulvex 3ml
Cal-Mag 4ml
Ful-Power 4ml
Sensizym 2ml
Rhino Skin 2ml

PH 6.0

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom