HH Microgrow #2

Well, I went out of town and left my 2 kids without light for 4 days. One curled up and turned into a twig and the other was absolutely perfect. The lights are back on and the cycle is back to normal. Down to one plant. Im actually hoping for a male. Id love to watch the full flowering of a male. Collect some pollen and enjoy the experience.

sorry for your loss HH, that would be cool to see more pics of a flowering male!maybe you'll get a hermie?lol are you plan on using this next plant for cannabutter or hash?

Moose has shown some awesome flowering males. Id love to try and collect some pollen and watch the male cycle.

indeed those pollenating male pics were unique in the sense i have NEVER seen anything like it before. can you smoke pollen and get high?ive heard of pollen hash and stuff but idk if that is something different.

Once sexual differentiation has occurred, the generation of female reproductive organs and their associated bracts increases total plant cannabinoid content. Bracts subtending the female flowers contain a greater density of glands than the leaves. The small cuplike bracteole (perigonal bract) enclosing the pistil has the highest cannabinoid content of any single plant part (Kimura and Okamoto 1970, Honma et al. 1971a & 1971b). Second only to this is the flower itself (Fetterman et al. 1971b). Since it has no reported epidermal gland structures, the cannabinoids present must be due to either undiscovered production sites or simple adherence of resin from the inner surface of its intimately associated bracteole. This conjecture is supported by the finding that the achenes do not contain substantial amounts of the cannabinoids (Fetterman et al. 1971b, Ono et al. 1972). Reproductive structures of the male plant are also provided with greater concentrations of the cannabinoids (Fetterman et al. 1971b, Ohlsson et al. 1971). Stalked glands have been observed covering the tepal, with massively stalked glands occurring on the stamen filament (Dayanadan and Kaufman 1976). In addition, rows of very large sessile glands are found situated in grooves on the anther itself (Dayanadan and Kaufman 1976, Fairbairn 1972) and apparently provide the pollen with a considerable cannabinoid content (Paris et al. 1975a).

Interesting data, Boss. Did you pull that from a foreign research journal? The formats seems of that.

Also, I believe I have a pH imbalance on the one remaining plant. I do not, however, have a pH test kit. What are some remedies? flushing the soil? I assume that my water is not balanced, yet I never had this problem with my previous microgrow. Off to the store for some distilled water...

well, i had to assume what most of the parts were but thanks for that.:cheesygrinsmiley: im also gathering that is a 'yes, you can smoke pollen with expected results".lol

Once sexual differentiation has occurred, the generation of female reproductive organs and their associated bracts increases total plant cannabinoid content. Bracts subtending the female flowers contain a greater density of glands than the leaves. The small cuplike bracteole (perigonal bract) enclosing the pistil has the highest cannabinoid content of any single plant part (Kimura and Okamoto 1970, Honma et al. 1971a & 1971b). Second only to this is the flower itself (Fetterman et al. 1971b). Since it has no reported epidermal gland structures, the cannabinoids present must be due to either undiscovered production sites or simple adherence of resin from the inner surface of its intimately associated bracteole. This conjecture is supported by the finding that the achenes do not contain substantial amounts of the cannabinoids (Fetterman et al. 1971b, Ono et al. 1972). Reproductive structures of the male plant are also provided with greater concentrations of the cannabinoids (Fetterman et al. 1971b, Ohlsson et al. 1971). Stalked glands have been observed covering the tepal, with massively stalked glands occurring on the stamen filament (Dayanadan and Kaufman 1976). In addition, rows of very large sessile glands are found situated in grooves on the anther itself (Dayanadan and Kaufman 1976, Fairbairn 1972) and apparently provide the pollen with a considerable cannabinoid content (Paris et al. 1975a).

damn boss your full of all kinds of interesting knowledge lol
hh sorry to hear bout your other plant best wishes on your remaining plant your grow inspiring +rep

Yeah. Im pretty sure my pH is WAY off. The leaves on the bottem are dying slowly. Turning yellow from the end of the leaf in and eventually just drying out. The spots looks like nute burn but they are not located on the tips of the leaves. More or less away from the actual tip and further in on the leaf. Im pretty sure this is a pH imbalance causing lockout. Anyone concur with this idea? Its getting worse by the day...

I flushed with 32oz of distilled water, let the medium dry out a bit, and then watered with a mild fert. I hope for an improvement...

Looking ok after the flush. No more browning or spotting of the leaves. I did some tying down yesterday and the stalk angle had already adjusted to an upright position. The leaves are darkening, however... It looks like the begining of a def. but im not sure of what. The leaves are darkening and the interior thread of the leaves are lightening are noticable amount.

The plant showed sex today. Another female. 5/5 on this forum. You guys are luck. Pure and simple. Ive trimmed off the yellowed leaves from the pH imbalance. All the new growth is fresh and coming in strong where the older leaves have been removed.

I hope to tie down one or two more times. I should get on that...

hey man congrats on the women! wooh.lol any chance of a pic update bro?

Back
Top Bottom