Hi All - This is Derek from "Derek's Story" in the articles section

flightmedic

I have to say I've been lurking on the site for 2 years and have had all my successful grows owed to the users of this site. I now live on many acres in the mountains outside of Los Angeles... oh yeah - no more electric bills for me!

So, thanks to the info here, I'll be switching to outdoor after 7 good indoor crops... wish me luck!

And thanks to Mike Day for interviewing me over many weeks and penning an awesome article. That weekend of hell is being turned into something positive thanks to you buddy!

Thanks all, I look forward to posting more.:Namaste:

I live a much calmer lifestyle enjoying every minute with my family in the mountains. Besides the obvious, starting a huge garden for non-gmo vegetables as huge Agri-business is just as bad as big Pharma.

I miss my partners, coworkers and friends from fire and aeromedicine but it's pretty awesome not being a part of the system or big brother anymore. I have a foothold and still consult public safety matters through different business ventures but as a whole I am changed for the better by getting out. It's not the way I would have ever envisioned retiring though. I'm still proud of my past career, 20 years was a good run, but its best left said that my future is going to be even more fulfilling than my past.

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Your determination to find a way back to living is inspirational. The way you approached your treatment, logical, methodical, and open. Bravo and welcome.:Namaste: I see greener pastures for you.

That story has a lot of lies, misinformation, and many things that were left out.

OK, so enlighten us, don't just throw darts.:Namaste:

I am not going to put personal issues on a forum. Derek knows exactly what I am talking about. He was not there like he was but had other issues related to his own indiscretions. Also, he was not there for the crew like he said he was. His breakdown might have had to do with the accident but it was also due to the fact that decisions he made in his personal life blew up in his face. He was not the "hero". The crew, families, and other friends were the ones that were the heroes. Derek has tried to "sell" this story when he was not as involved as he claims to be. This article has pissed off many who are in the organizations he speaks of because they know the truth of what happened. I am not going to put his dirty laundry on a public forum.

I am not going to put personal issues on a forum. Derek knows exactly what I am talking about. He was not there like he was but had other issues related to his own indiscretions. Also, he was not there for the crew like he said he was. His breakdown might have had to do with the accident but it was also due to the fact that decisions he made in his personal life blew up in his face. He was not the "hero". The crew, families, and other friends were the ones that were the heroes. Derek has tried to "sell" this story when he was not as involved as he claims to be. This article has pissed off many who are in the organizations he speaks of because they know the truth of what happened. I am not going to put his dirty laundry on a public forum.

What do you think you are doing now? You have just called someone a liar and put personal issues on a forum, now are saying you don't need to explain.. And you don't, its your business. However it does not make you look credible or kind. And really if you aren't going to explain, why even say anything?

And to say a person who dedicated twenty years of his life to saving people... Is NOT a hero, then I would question your ability to know what one is...

I am not attacking you, but you maybe need to think about what you are saying a little more friend. I wont pretend to know the circumstances, however whatever personal quibble you have with this man does not change what he has done... And even if there are odds and ends in this story that are left out.. Why would we believe you know what HE went through? That is as crass and uncaring as a human can be. He has obviously been through tough times and for you to come in and talk ill is just mean.

And from looking at your profile, you aren't a medical user..Or trying to help the cause.. Which is the entire point of this website.. It looks like you made this account to harass this person.. We are all adults here, and that is a misuse of this online forum.

I don't know. But I am hoping you are just a troll.

NOW to talk to Derek,
That story was intense, man. I could never go into medical fields like that, I don't do well with seeing people hurt like that. It takes a special person to come to the aid of others in such a way and I thank you for your years of service.

I hope your years to come are green and full of happiness.

Back
Top Bottom