Hi, Baking

lancia

Not legal in N.Y. yet. Very helpful for nausea and pain. Would like to be a provider for future dispensaries ie. edible. Having some difficulty making canna butter. Anyone else out there interested in baking? Thanks Lancia

Hi lancia, welcome to the site! :420: is the number one site for promoting cannabis awareness and ending prohibition worldwide. We've got your baking needs covered, just check the Methods of Medication for information on baking plus a whole lot more. You can also take a look at the New Member Start Links forum for lots of useful links to navigate the site.

Not to stop you from reviewing some of the information in the baking forums, but what sort of troubles are you having?

Hi Pantagruel, Thanks for the response. I have trouble with temp. I use the crock pot with water, butter and with unknown strains unknown strengths. I try to keep the temp under 180. hard to control I take the top off to check the temp with a thermometer. Every time the temp falls then gets too hot. The end product has no potency, yet quite potent in it's natural state. I would really like to work with someone but. I don't know anyone here of like mind. The video tutorials have been very helpful, but not quite like baking with others in the kitchen. Thanks so much for your response. Lancia

I use a pretty simple method, I heat just enough oil/butter in the bottom of a pot to saturate the material and let that sit on low heat for just a minute. I add water that was boiled, but isn't boiling any longer, so around 200 degrees. Then I just simmer that for about 90 minutes. Then strain the whole works into a container to sit overnight in the fridge. Also, I squeeze out the strainings because a LOT of oil remains in there.

This method never fails, the product is always potent.

Also, are you decarboxylating the material first? That increases potency significantly.

:Namaste:

Not legal in N.Y. yet. Very helpful for nausea and pain. Would like to be a provider for future dispensaries ie. edible. Having some difficulty making canna butter. Anyone else out there interested in baking? Thanks Lancia

:welcome: lancia :high-five: try this :passitleft: you chose the best site to learn, share and most importantly (to me),

laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends.

Lots of bakers & budder makers here lancia! find "cannafan" she comes to mind first & use the 420 search box, too.

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,

share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or

participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some

unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

Hi Pantagruel, Thanks again for your response I will try your method. No I have not decarb first. Saw a video on it. How do you do it. My strains are unknown to me because I use the seeds at the bottom of the bag it comes in. As I understand I can not purchase seeds legally through the mail yet. N.Y. is so slow. Thanks Lancia

lancia, Cannabis Edibles is a good link to cooking with cannabis. :welcome: to :420:. We are glad that you are here. If my wife and I bake with raw cannabis then we don't decarb it. It decarbs in the baking. We don't decarb if we are making butter with it. The heat from the process decarbs it. CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps! is a good tried and true way to make canna butter. We also have a sponsor Magical Butter Machine that is amazing. It makes butters, tinctures and oils. And is very easy to use.

Save the seeds from your bud. You can grow some of the same bud then. Growing is fun and relaxing. If you grow your own then you know what is going into your baked goods. Here New Member Start Links is a link to many interesting and helpful threads. Look around and if you have any questions then Frequently Asked Questions is a good place to look for answers or to ask questions. Have fun. :peace: :Namaste:

thanks so much for the responses re:edibles. Planting this weekend. Very relaxing and feels more rewarding than tomatoes and cukes. Lancia

Back
Top Bottom