Hi Everyone. I'm back in the game

GhettoGro

I started an indoor grow about ten years ago. With the help from a forum similar do this one I had many successful grows through about five years of growing. I had to shut it down about five years ago as a teenager in the house was getting older and wiser to what was going on.

Now, five years later he is out of the house now and I am recently retired. (Yes I'm an old fart) What better way to enjoy my free time and to stay busy than to jump back into my favorite hobby. I have cleaned the cobwebs out of the dungeon and cleaned up the grow space.

I am vegging under 6 - 4" flouro tubes in 3 shop fixtures.

I flower in a 4'x8' tent, a 600HPS digital on one side and an older analog 1000HPS. Vented with a 430CFM exhaust fan.

I will be using FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil. Starting in 16oz cups, then to 6" nursery pots and then on to 12" pots for flowering. FF Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom as needed.

I look forward to learning the new tricks and equipment that wasn't available just five years ago. I have been lurking here for a week or so and have seen some impressive grows done with the LED lights. I would love to save money on power and have less heat problems.

I will start a grow journal when I start up a new round. I currently have my first grow after starting back a few weeks into flower and I am getting very excited. I have missed this hobby and the nice people like y'all that made this possible for me. I look forward to learning all I can from the community.

:tokin:

~GG

Re: Hi Everyone. I'm back in the game.

:welcome: GhettoGro to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!

Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

I started an indoor grow about ten years ago. With the help from a forum similar do this one I had many successful grows through about five years of growing. I had to shut it down about five years ago as a teenager in the house was getting older and wiser to what was going on.

Now, five years later he is out of the house now and I am recently retired. (Yes I'm an old fart) What better way to enjoy my free time and to stay busy than to jump back into my favorite hobby. I have cleaned the cobwebs out of the dungeon and cleaned up the grow space.

I am vegging under 6 - 4" flouro tubes in 3 shop fixtures.

I flower in a 4'x8' tent, a 600HPS digital on one side and an older analog 1000HPS. Vented with a 430CFM exhaust fan.

I will be using FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil. Starting in 16oz cups, then to 6" nursery pots and then on to 12" pots for flowering. FF Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom as needed.

I look forward to learning the new tricks and equipment that wasn't available just five years ago. I have been lurking here for a week or so and have seen some impressive grows done with the LED lights. I would love to save money on power and have less heat problems.

I will start a grow journal when I start up a new round. I currently have my first grow after starting back a few weeks into flower and I am getting very excited. I have missed this hobby and the nice people like y'all that made this possible for me. I look forward to learning all I can from the community.

:tokin:

~GG

Be careful using the FFOF straight. It is a little hot for young plants. I use FFOF Promix BX and Perlite in a 1 to 1 to 1 mixture. I burnt some young ones using the FFOF straight. Thy Hydro shop I get my FFOF said it never used to be that way but when Fox Farms starting using a new factory the soil started getting a little too hot. I have only been at this for about a year so I can't say how it used to be.

Welcome back and good luck. :peace:

Thanks for the welcome, supergroomer. The FFOF I have is five years old. I've never had a problem with it even with seedlings in the past. I do mix about 75% FFOF to 25% Perlite.

The store I used to get it at has closed down. I don't even know if I can find it in my town anymore. I may have to go back to the Promix BX and ammendments. I like to keep things as simple as possible, or I will overthink things and kill my girls with too much attention...lol

:peace:

~GG

Welcome. I ran fox farm nutrients for years. Now currently run House and Garden and I love it. I also run docs high brix kit and I'm a fast believer.

I use t5 for veg and 600 hps for bloom. And a 1000 watt hps for my breeding area.

Check out my journals they may inspire you. And if you have the room drop the 5 gallon pots and go 7.

I only use there magic green foliar feed for journals or trials. Ie: side by sides. I dropped there amino treatment a long time ago and use pro tekt as well as optimize by age old organics.

Rest of line I use I prefer top shooter over shooting powder.

I've tried canna
Gh
Ff
An
Dg

And prefer h and g so far.

Welcome to the site brother! Glad you are able to start up your grow again. There really is nothing else like it.

I have some links and video guides in my signature that may be of use to you and your journey here at 420mag. We look forward to following along on your next grow.

:thumb: :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, supergroomer. The FFOF I have is five years old. I've never had a problem with it even with seedlings in the past. I do mix about 75% FFOF to 25% Perlite.

The store I used to get it at has closed down. I don't even know if I can find it in my town anymore. I may have to go back to the Promix BX and ammendments. I like to keep things as simple as possible, or I will overthink things and kill my girls with too much attention...lol

~GG

Then I would guess your FFOF is all good!! :) Just remember if you get a new bag!! I am also using FF nutes. If you go LED make sure you add Cal/mag to your nutes. I also just started Spraying 1 per week with Snow Storm Ultra.

Good luck and have fun!! ;)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I feel at home already. Can't wait to start a journal and let y'all (yes I'm southern US) help me get back up to speed. Last time I grew, LEDs were shit as technology had not evolved yet. "Flux" was called lolli-popping and FoxFarms was the shit everybody praised.

Times change and so can I. Can't wait to get a new grow going and start a journal as to enlist all the help that is here.

Wish me luck and I'll see y'all in the journal section :)

~GG

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I feel at home already. Can't wait to start a journal and let y'all (yes I'm southern US) help me get back up to speed. Last time I grew, LEDs were shit as technology had not evolved yet. "Flux" was called lolli-popping and FoxFarms was the shit everybody praised.

Times change and so can I. Can't wait to get a new grow going and start a journal as to enlist all the help that is here.

Wish me luck and I'll see y'all in the journal section :)

~GG

If you haven't seen it already, check out Light Addict's Flux grow. Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal He is the man when it comes to Flux!!!

Thanks supergroomer, I have already went through that grow journal. That is when I realized how outdated my setup/style was. Such an awesome journal. I checked out your grows as well. You got it going on! I can't wait to get mine back going.

I've got some Aurora Indica beans that are about 8 years old. Not sure if they are viable still or not, but I'm gonna try. That would be my first grow journal to follow. These are beans I made about 8 years ago. They were made at the same time my AK47 beans were made which I am growing now. I only got 6 plant to pop and live out of about 50 beans of the AK47 it was so old. I'm hoping the AI beans do better. I never stored my beans properly, they were just put in an air-tight jar and stored in the dungeon, not refrigerated.

Otherwise, I would like to order some new beans. Herbies THC BOMB looks good. Any recommendations are welcome. I prefer a deep Indica "narcotic" type buzz. I suffer from pain, depression and bouts with anxiety. The sativas can "vizz" me out and make me paranoid. I know everyone's system is different and no one gets the same buzz from the same weed sometimes, but I would love to hear about who likes what strain for certain effects.

Don't mean to start a debate in my "hello" thread. I will search for a "strain and effect" thread here now.

I use tons of non sponsored seed banks since I grow 50+ Strains but I did order thc bomb and g13 crossed with hash plant from Herbies and they did fine in my book

Here is the AK47 I have flowering now. One is 6-weeks flower, one is 3 weeks flower and the other 3 are 1-week flower.

conapy01.jpg

I love me some AK47: Picture from about 8 years ago. I miss her:

G4-AK47-3-bud.jpg

Need Moar Budz!

~GG

Back
Top Bottom