Hi everyone

cali sungrow

420 Member
I've grown for personal use a few times with varying success. I'm here to learn about seeds and clones and how to avoid pests (mostly my problem has been caterpillars) though last year I got some spider mites as well. I've grown once from seeds and twice from clones, mostly outdoors in southern california. I'm glad to have found this site and I hope I won't wear out my welcome with stupid questions. Thanks!

Welcome @cali sungrow you came to the right place for stupid questions! We've asked them all and made all the mistakes you can make already so if you are anything like me, will only have to ask and make them 3 or 4 times before the correct answers sink in ;) Often breeders will have the pest resistance as a selling point on their product descriptions, look for those you should be good..but the real battle is in the field, no matter what your genetics. CHeers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Welcome @cali sungrow you came to the right place for stupid questions! We've asked them all and made all the mistakes you can make already so if you are anything like me, will only have to ask and make them 3 or 4 times before the correct answers sink in ;) Often breeders will have the pest resistance as a selling point on their product descriptions, look for those you should be good..but the real battle is in the field, no matter what your genetics. CHeers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Thanks, Pbass. I guess I'd prefer to not use any chemicals, but maybe most of what I buy in the LA legal market has been treated with pesticides. Mine will be a very small grow this year, two or three in my backyard.

I use neem oil (organic) and a bit of dish soap in a gallon of water it pisses everyone off at least inside. I use it in flower if I have to even though some say no no no...although I am deferring to the experts and switching to castille soap spray only during flower if at all possible. I currently have a hearty viking strain of thrips just hanging on by a mandible...but it's hooked good I just cant seem to get rid of them! And of course now the ants come marching in...sheesh!

With that said, it's all manageable, and I get dang good weed. You will too!

Back
Top Bottom