Hi! First time grower needs help please!

how do these look??? about 3 weeks of 12/12 and ive added some more light! are these on track? healthy? im not sure where these should be....how much longer do i have? getting excited!!!

20160309_110236.jpg
20160309_110216.jpg
20160309_110053.jpg
20160309_110110.jpg
20160309_110142.jpg
20160307_171706.jpg
20160307_171622.jpg
20160307_171632.jpg

Looking pretty good. Can you pick apart a couple of those swollen calyxes that are showing? They may be pollinated- in which case you have some hermaphrodite flowers hiding somewhere. Or they may be just swollen. If they have seeds or soft white pasty stuff inside then they are pollinated.

Looking pretty good. Can you pick apart a couple of those swollen calyxes that are showing? They may be pollinated- in which case you have some hermaphrodite flowers hiding somewhere. Or they may be just swollen. If they have seeds or soft white pasty stuff inside then they are pollinated.

i think im in denial for sure.....was hoping that you would diagnose differently. what are my options?? or is the glass half full and now have some seeds? or will these seeds be useless??

OR

am i freaking out for nothing?

:volcano-smiley:

I haven't diagnosed anything- just figure it's worth taking a look at those calyxes. And definitely nothing to freak out about- you'll be fine if you get a few seeds.
Did you check them?

haha..thanks for talking me down!

no havent had the chance to take a look since i got home late and just ran up and shut the lights off....yeah i dont have a timer yet...i basically have been trying to remember to turn them on and off at 8am/pm but it's been more like 8ish/9ish....to about 8ish/9ish...

ok so what am i suppose to look at? finally have some time to take a look...directions pls...thx

I was talking about the swollen calyxes. The calyx is the part of the female plant that contains the seed when it grows. White hairs called pistil's protrude from one end of it. Pistils are designed to catch pollen from male plants. When pollinated, they swell up with a seed inside. Sometimes, however, they will swell a bit even when not pollinated.
As I mentioned, try picking one or two apart and seeing if they are empty, or whether they have anything inside.
If you find seeds or signs of immature seeds inside them, then Google 'cannabis nanners' and/or 'cannabis hermaphrodite pics' and then try looking around for that.
If they are empty and just puffed up with air- then no worries.
If you have some seeds and nanners- also don't need to worry much. Your buds won't be ruined.
The swollen calyxes are clearly visible especially in the first picture. Just thought I'd mention it after I saw it.

They look good. A little heavy on the nitrogen maybe, which I may have mentioned before. You'll probably want to flush them when it's closer to harvest time.
There isn't anything I can tell about the calyxes I mentioned, without being there to inspect. :thumb:

A few of the calyxes are split.. I think you may very well have a hermie my friend... I just lost half a crop to them shits.. The plants do look good tho! Love them close ups of the frosty goodness! :thumb:

I noticed lots of little cat hairs or something all over your flower pics.. are you ventilating?

i just have a fan going in the room with my makeshift diy carbon scrubber....the new one is in the mail and should be arriving on tuesday. got a 6" ventech fan w/scrubber along w/fan controller. also got a starter set of the fox farm nutes so ill have plenty of more questions soon!

A few of the calyxes are split.. I think you may very well have a hermie my friend... I just lost half a crop to them shits.. The plants do look good tho! Love them close ups of the frosty goodness! :thumb:

gonna look at this optimistically since this is my first grow....so now atleast ill have some seeds right? these should be fem seeds no? im assuming that these turned hermies due to the shit ass conditions i provided to them....

and i finally hooked up my timer so i can get a true 12/12 instead of having to scramble home to get the lights on and off.

Back
Top Bottom