Hi guys newbie here need help!

mastergreenerey

ive just set up my first grow and am in need of guidance.

Had a clone for three days and its had small white spots only on the top leaves hasnt got worse or spread, checked for mites or pests theres no sign of life nothing under the leaves. So im kinda stumped. Ill attach pics of top and bottom of the leaves. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20200929_191216.jpg
    20200929_191216.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200929_191406.jpg
    20200929_191406.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200929_191351.jpg
    20200929_191351.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200929_191336.jpg
    20200929_191336.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 56
:welcome:

Had a clone for three days and its had small white spots only on the top leaves hasnt got worse or spread, checked for mites or pests theres no sign of life nothing under the leaves. So im kinda stumped. Ill attach pics of top and bottom of the leaves. Any help would be appreciated
My first step in advice would be never take in clones from anyone other than a legal dispensary. You always want to start fresh with cannabis do to the fact insects can really ruin everything and we do not like pesticides on our plants if we do not need to use them or bugs for that matter. If you have a deficiency it could be your soil or medium is not properly fed or ph is off.

My first step in advice would be never take in clones from anyone other than a legal dispensary. You always want to start fresh with cannabis do to the fact insects can really ruin everything and we do not like pesticides on our plants if we do not need to use them or bugs for that matter. If you have a deficiency it could be your soil or medium is not properly fed or ph is off.
Thanks for the reply, i cannot see any pests at all under leaves and ive tried the paper tap been checking for two days and nothing as u can see in pics underside of leaves are all clean etc i have just introduced nutes to them so im hoping and deficiencies are dealt with but i have also noticed the top leaves which are the only ones affected have dark veins could that indicate something?

Welcome to the forum @mastergreenerey :welcome:

Does it have a scaly build up under the leaves where those spots are at?

Kinda looks like it to me.. from underneath it makes it look more see through then rest of leaf.. if u see pic of the top its only affected new growth it seems, and starts from base of leaf upwards in a pattern on affected leaves, maybe iron deficiency??

Greetings and me eyes are old :nomo: but looking at them it does look like an infestation of some insect. Here are some links that might help. Is the grow area isolated from insects? Indoors? Outdoors?
How to ask for help
Plant and Pest Problems
Someone will have an answer might not be pleasant but it's an answer or assistance and that is what makes this site so good.

I thought pests initially and have been looking for days but absolutely no sign of life. Also the leaves if u check pics are only affected at the top and all affected leaves the spotting is making way from bottom of leaf to top. If it was pests i think i would have seen at least one by now and the spots would be spread evenly through leaves and plants

Kinda looks like it to me.. from underneath it makes it look more see through then rest of leaf.. if u see pic of the top its only affected new growth it seems, and starts from base of leaf upwards in a pattern on affected leaves, maybe iron deficiency??
I thought pests initially and have been looking for days but absolutely no sign of life. Also the leaves if u check pics are only affected at the top and all affected leaves the spotting is making way from bottom of leaf to top. If it was pests i think i would have seen at least one by now and the spots would be spread evenly through leaves and plants
It's thrips, just had to ask about the scales first...sorry about that :sorry:

Looks like thrips, check to see if it is and if it is get some Diatomaceous earth and it will get rid of them :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom