Hi guys - Total newbie here - Anyone here use Budmaster LED?

marshall3681

hi guys, just started my first ever grow using a budmaster xg 9 led light and sweet seeds dark devil auto seeds. I have a question about the hanging distance... I was recommended to keep the lights at the top of the tent on lowest power settings for seedlings. this worked but mine seem very small compared to other grow journal pics I've seen at around the same time scale. mine are on day 13 from the first seed popping up and still look like little seedlings, about two inch in height. from the pics I've seen from others on here mine look well behind schedule. I have them in 20L air pots and i'm just giving them water ph'd to between 5.6-5.8. for now. temps in the tent are between 26-27 and humidity around 50-60% i'll post some pics up later. should they be further along at this stage? or am I just being a nervous newbie? lol. any advise would be much appreciated

Re: hi guys, total newbie here. anyone here use budmaster led?

Yeah i'm trying lol. Definitely think i'm behind schedule though. I've taken some pics but How do i upload them? lol Newbie troubles lol?

Dwight monk thanks mate
20170305_091124.jpg
20170305_091110.jpg
20170305_091056.jpg
20170305_091047.jpg
20170305_090955.jpg
20170305_090546.jpg
20170305_090523.jpg
20170305_090510.jpg
20170305_090451_001.jpg

I use Budmasters, and they are amazing lights. Looks as though you have everything set up correctly in your grow space. The height of the light seems fine too.

Don't worry too much if your seedlings don't look like others... Some plants grow very fast, some take a longer time, a lot of it has to do with the genetics.

Usually plants grow slow until the roots are established and can feed water and nutrients to the plant and once the roots really establish the plant will take off.

What seems to me by your photos is the soil looks fairly wet, almost too wet which could be slowing down growth. In the beginning you want to make sure the soil is moist, but not to oversaturate the soil. When the soil is dryer, the roots will stretch out searching for water which leads to a larger rootmass, which then will supply the plant faster and growth will accelerate.

I would just keep doing what you are doing as the seedlings look healthy. They will show you love over time, growing can't be rushed and the plant will grow how the plant needs to grow to support its life :)

Great job so far!

Start a grow journal here at 420 magazine! its a great way to have others follow your grow, suggest things that may work or help and also to build some amazing friendships here. 420 Mag has tons of awesome people!

hi guys, just started my first ever grow using a budmaster xg 9 led light and sweet seeds dark devil auto seeds. I have a question about the hanging distance... I was recommended to keep the lights at the top of the tent on lowest power settings for seedlings. this worked but mine seem very small compared to other grow journal pics I've seen at around the same time scale. mine are on day 13 from the first seed popping up and still look like little seedlings, about two inch in height. from the pics I've seen from others on here mine look well behind schedule. I have them in 20L air pots and i'm just giving them water ph'd to between 5.6-5.8. for now. temps in the tent are between 26-27 and humidity around 50-60% i'll post some pics up later. should they be further along at this stage? or am I just being a nervous newbie? lol. any advise would be much appreciated
Yeah I'm about a week in with mine under a mars 2 1200w at about 37" I've been lowering it a couple inches at time. But I tend to let them adjust and play it safe. They'll take off don't worry :)
420-magazine-mobile913443660.jpg

First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

to upload pics go to the gallery tab and at bottom of list is an "upload " tab. should be easy from there. For your question I keep my lights very close to plants,,,,within inches. This controls stretch and gives lots of light energy. I use t5 lights but I believe the idea holds true led as well.

to upload pics go to the gallery tab and at bottom of list is an "upload " tab. should be easy from there. For your question I keep my lights very close to plants,,,,within inches. This controls stretch and gives lots of light energy. I use t5 lights but I believe the idea holds true led as well.
The issue is that LED generates a much more intense light than fluorescent and it is easy to burn young seedlings if it is too close.

First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

Thanks for the tips icemud. I should have said i'm using canna coco pro and the pics were taken not long after watering. I think I may have been keeping the coco to moist though. I was watering everyday at first but i've started to let them dry out a bit more now, watering every other day at the moment. Leaves look a bit yellow today so i've just added a very small amount of coco grow A and B and calmag to the water. Hopefully that greens them up a bit. Do you use your budmaster on full power? or just one switch on for the seedlings? because i've been told different things by different people. Thanks again for the reply mate. I'll get a grow journal going on here soon as I get the chance :)

Thanks for the replys Tim and grow guy. I know it works differently with different brands just checking the budmaster is OK where it is, as the manufacturer advise to keep them at the top of the tent due to the light output. I don't wanna get them to close incase I fry the seedlings. But was getting worried they weren't getting enough light seeing as they were going slower than I expected. But things are starting to pick up growth wise now so I think I'm just having newbie worries lol. All a learning curve :) thanks again guys

Thanks for the tips icemud. I should have said i'm using canna coco pro and the pics were taken not long after watering. I think I may have been keeping the coco to moist though. I was watering everyday at first but i've started to let them dry out a bit more now, watering every other day at the moment. Leaves look a bit yellow today so i've just added a very small amount of coco grow A and B and calmag to the water. Hopefully that greens them up a bit. Do you use your budmaster on full power? or just one switch on for the seedlings? because i've been told different things by different people. Thanks again for the reply mate. I'll get a grow journal going on here soon as I get the chance :)

I generally use mine on half power until late veg/early flowering. One I hit flowering I am always at full power.

There isn't really a right or wrong as far as seedlings, as if they are looking stunted or burned, then turn the lights down to 1/2 power but if they are growing happy and fine you can use full power. I usually turn my lights to 1/2 power to save on energy costs since plants in veg need less light intensity.

If you run your lights at 1/2 power and notice the plant is really stretching then you can either lower your light, or keep it at the same height and run at full.

Overall the plant will tell you what is too much or too little :)

Back
Top Bottom