Hi guys!

NewBoy420

How are you guys and gals doing? I'm in quarantine and im thinking of starting back up. It's been 5 years and all my equipment is put up. I had to abort my last run due to some one having lose lips. I wanna thank all you guys for all the help you all gave me back then.

I am running a couple Timber COB LED lights to try them. The bud density from LED's is amazing me. I am not giving up HPS yet but I can see it in my future.

You will find a million more types of seeds to grow. Hell it doesn't even need to get you high anymore for the CBD people LMAO.

I am running a couple Timber COB LED lights to try them. The bud density from LED's is amazing me. I am not giving up HPS yet but I can see it in my future.

You will find a million more types of seeds to grow. Hell it doesn't even need to get you high anymore for the CBD people LMAO.
I seen the COB led lights on Mars Hydro , I think its a good investment. I have a couple of set ups I'm considering,
1st is the budget series 3 led
2nd 1 Sp 250 to start with and get 3 before flower time.
Ideally I want to save up and get the spydr 2.

When I first started up I got a 1000w Hps the best I could at the time and only used it 2 months. So she is still new in the box basically but I'm willing to invest in LED for the power saving.

Spydr 2 is a great light.
The Spydr 2x I think is one of the cheaper ones which is what you need unless you're going to supplement C02.

Its 810 umols/j with an average of 550
Efficacy of 2.5 umols/j
330w
About $950

Or you could build your own DIY Spydr for less than half that amount.

I made mine smaller because 4x4 is way to big for my space, mine is 24" x 26" but with better specs and basically the identical spectrum as the Physiospec

Mine is 1300 umols/j with an average of about 900 umols/j
Efficacy of 2.8 umols/j
325w
I mostly keep it dimmed down to 250w
I built it a bit overkill so that if I choose I can take two strips and use those as side lighting, plus keeping them dimmed down most of the time they run super cool, very efficient and should last longer.
Covers every inch of my space very evenly.

$380
20200112_150736.jpg

Quality light is the key. LED's are great if you get the right ones. If you can't afford quality COB led's yet run your 1000 or get a 600 wt HPS. They cost a bit more to run but the light is good. Switch over and save money on electricity when you can afford great LED's. If you have a adjustable ballast. You could even run a 600 watt bulb in it at lower wattage. It will effect bulb life some but it works.

Even though I have found they do really well. I am not risking all my plants to LED's quite yet. They grow different and I want to be sure I can maximize everything these lights can do first. Bud density is out of this world with them. Light penetration has been fine so far. Plants I have grown under the led's are a lot shorter. I need to find a way to get them to stretch a little more.

Spydr 2 is a great light.
The Spydr 2x I think is one of the cheaper ones which is what you need unless you're going to supplement C02.

Its 810 umols/j with an average of 550
Efficacy of 2.5 umols/j
330w
About $950

Or you could build your own DIY Spydr for less than half that amount.

I made mine smaller because 4x4 is way to big for my space, mine is 24" x 26" but with better specs and basically the identical spectrum as the Physiospec

Mine is 1300 umols/j with an average of about 900 umols/j
Efficacy of 2.8 umols/j
325w
I mostly keep it dimmed down to 250w
I built it a bit overkill so that if I choose I can take two strips and use those as side lighting, plus keeping them dimmed down most of the time they run super cool, very efficient and should last longer.
Covers every inch of my space very evenly.

$380
20200112_150736.jpg
Wow they look great, how did you build them? Can you share the links?
I like the set up too!

Quality light is the key. LED's are great if you get the right ones. If you can't afford quality COB led's yet run your 1000 or get a 600 wt HPS. They cost a bit more to run but the light is good. Switch over and save money on electricity when you can afford great LED's. If you have a adjustable ballast. You could even run a 600 watt bulb in it at lower wattage. It will effect bulb life some but it works.

Even though I have found they do really well. I am not risking all my plants to LED's quite yet. They grow different and I want to be sure I can maximize everything these lights can do first. Bud density is out of this world with them. Light penetration has been fine so far. Plants I have grown under the led's are a lot shorter. I need to find a way to get them to stretch a little more.
I do think Leds are the way to go. I seen videos that compare lights and the Led seems to grow more dense buds.
Right now I have the 1000 Solis Tek I can dim it. So maybe I will get some T5 or a led just to veg and use the big boy for flowering.

I do think Leds are the way to go. I seen videos that compare lights and the Led seems to grow more dense buds.
Right now I have the 1000 Solis Tek I can dim it. So maybe I will get some T5 or a led just to veg and use the big boy for flowering.

That's what I have did for years. Nothing wrong with it at all. I use a 2' x 4' with 4 bulbs for starts. I move the plant to the tent with the HPS when I up pot to 1 gallon pots. I use a Hortilux Super HPS bulb. They are color corrected and do fine for veg. Pricey at $65 a bulb but they are lots better bulbs.

I followed the Pacific Light Concepts video mostly, just changed a couple tiny things, I made mine even spacing and mounted the driver a little different.
But it's really easy to do.

20191027_145218.jpg
20191027_131931.jpg
20191013_192147.jpg
20191029_171507.jpg
The web site says they are sold out, any other sites that you know might have them? I am very interested in this build.

The web site says they are sold out, any other sites that you know might have them? I am very interested in this build.
You can find similar strips elsewhere but those are only from Pacific Light Concepts.
They use a nice thick aluminum board to put the diodes on and use Cree XP-G3 photo-reds.

You could just search for Samsung LM301B strips.
I really like the PLC heatsinks also, they make a nice cool running solid light.

You could send PLC an email and see when their next batch is coming in, unless this Covid 19 crap has gummed up the works.

You can find similar strips elsewhere but those are only from Pacific Light Concepts.
They use a nice thick aluminum board to put the diodes on and use Cree XP-G3 photo-reds.

You could just search for Samsung LM301B strips.
I really like the PLC heatsinks also, they make a nice cool running solid light.

You could send PLC an email and see when their next batch is coming in, unless this Covid 19 crap has gummed up the works.
Yup, I emailed them so lets see what they say.
I did do a google for them, but it seem like the ones on Pacific look the best. So I will keep a eye out for the email, I hope the Covid has not disrupted the supply chain

Back
Top Bottom