Hi guys!

JeanJean

420 Member
Hello guys,
as the confinement got me locked me up in my country house, I have decided to give growing my own babies a try. I got 5 feminized seeds arriving this week, Durban poison, as I am mostly looking at sharing this with friends and relatives when having people over, I went for this strong sativa breed.

I did quite a lot of readings, on this forum and other websites, to make sure I get a good grasp around the whole process (never did and never had a friend that grew on their own). I think I got a good understanding on all the different phases, as well as equipment needed, etc (got a chamber coming in 100cmX100x200, a 400W HPS light, a vent kit as well as a thermo and hygro), but still have some issues wrapping my head around all the nutrients/ph stuff. What should I give special care to ? Special soil to buy ? Magnesium complement ? There is a lot of info but hard to grasp it all :hmmmm:. Any answer will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any answer and stay safe everyone !

Hello and :welcome: !!

You've come to the right spot for answers.

Sounds like your on track.

Regarding nutrients, have you decided if your doing soil or hydroponics? I see you mentioned soil but just wanted to make sure.
Either way, I'd recommend a PH meter to your list, ph up/down as well. If your doing hydroponic, a ppm/EC meter is a must, and either way personally is a handy tool.

Try checking out a few grow journals, it might help get you decided.

Thanks Rexer. I will be doing soil for the first one. I know it is recommended hydroponic for this strain but the set up seem a bit more complicated for a newbie.

Will def add the ph meter to the list. From what I understood, I have to pick a soil with 6-7 ph, then keep checking it and adding some extra nutrients as I go (N, P, K).
I will keep on reading though :)

Thanks Rexer. I will be doing soil for the first one. I know it is recommended hydroponic for this strain but the set up seem a bit more complicated for a newbie.

Will def add the ph meter to the list. From what I understood, I have to pick a soil with 6-7 ph, then keep checking it and adding some extra nutrients as I go (N, P, K).
I will keep on reading though :)

Bah I dont believe in the " it is recommended hydroponic". There are tons of amazing soil grows!
I'm still a newbie myself but am attempting hydroponics, next failure and I'll be joining you in a soil grow!! But, dont let my or anyone else's failures be a source of intimidation. Soil is a great spot for starting, and with that, I'll let someone who knows more on soil grows answer.

Back
Top Bottom