Hi has anyone used these lights before?

Mariano Gomes

Preferably has anyone used these lights for more than a year.... And are they still working?

1500W LED Grow Light, Dimgogo Triple Chips Full Spectrum Grow Lamp

It's just your standard blurple ufo, same basic thing as any of the other ones....just understand that when you're planning out your grow, it's not actually a 1500w LED, it's a 285w LED, so plan based on that number(285)

Cheap crap, get 600w HPS if you're new to growing, it's cheap and it works a lot better than cheap LED.

If you want a proper LED grow light you have to shell out some serious cash or build your own ;)

Not sure what you mean by "serious" cash, but there are some decent priced great LEDs available nowadays :thumb:

There just aren't!

In reality most of the LED lights you can buy aren't much more efficient than HID, and if you want the latest LED technology you havet to pay or build it yourself.
Most lights will grow plants, but that doesn't mean they are efficient or powerful enough to properly flower cannabis.
Don't believe the companies they lie and push sub par lights.

The point is that cheap LED's are not more effiecient than HID but more expensive and they break faster.

The only two places to buy truly efficient LED lamps are Horticulture Lighting Group and ChilLED, but you can easily build similar or better lights a lot cheaper ;) Both supply DIY components as well.

@Mariano Gomes: What size do you need to cover?

SunPlusLED | Florida | SunPlus USA

One of our sponsors so I assume I'm allowed to link....look at the P6, uses 6x Cree CXA2530's @ 50w each, so 300w in COB mode, also uses 95 LEDs which draw 320w in LED mode, with both on, a total draw of 620w, but it's half the price of some of these other LEDs...it'd be equivalent to that Horticulture CX-6, only it has the addition of 95 LEDs and still comes in cheaper.

It looks like another one of those cheapo Chinese lights. But the thing about them is that they are pretty good for the money. I have two of them. One is a Bestva and the other is a King Plus. I'm no expert grower by any means. But I can tell you that my plants seem to love the light they are getting. Green, thick and bushy seems good to me.

SunPlusLED | Florida | SunPlus USA

One of our sponsors so I assume I'm allowed to link....look at the P6, uses 6x Cree CXA2530's @ 50w each, so 300w in COB mode, also uses 95 LEDs which draw 320w in LED mode, with both on, a total draw of 620w, but it's half the price of some of these other LEDs...it'd be equivalent to that Horticulture CX-6, only it has the addition of 95 LEDs and still comes in cheaper.

Sorry to bring it to you, but those COB's are from like 2014 and totally outdated and WAAAAAAAY behind modern COB's, and this just proves my point to such an extent I have to bite my lip not to shout out ''What did I just say''
I don't want to rudely trash a sponsor, but these lights are not up to standard in many ways, but most importantly they leave out edge readings on their PPFD charts and no readings for 18'' which is the most common height above canopy, wonder why!

If you buy a lamp, you want it to use at least CXB3590 and preferrably newer COB's or strips, and ONLY meanwell drivers should be used ;)

An important point is that you cannot have proper coverage in a little box, you end up having a hot spot in the middle and poor light at the edges, a growlight should physically spread across 2/3 of the grow space, or more.
The one you link to covers 2,5' x 1,5' in flowering, if you want proper light saturation that is, but still too high PPFD in the middle and very quickly diminshing at the edges, so basically you have to supplement the plant just under the light with CO2 for the PPFD above ~1000 to be useable to the plant, and you'd need to supplement the plants not directly under the lmap with more light - see inverse square law.

Check out this thread PPFD Graphs and Analysis for Mars, Amare, Fluence LEDs & CMH

There just aren't!

In reality most of the LED lights you can buy aren't much more efficient than HID, and if you want the latest LED technology you havet to pay or build it yourself.
Most lights will grow plants, but that doesn't mean they are efficient or powerful enough to properly flower cannabis.
Don't believe the companies they lie and push sub par lights.

The point is that cheap LED's are not more effiecient than HID but more expensive and they break faster.

The only two places to buy truly efficient LED lamps are Horticulture Lighting Group and ChilLED, but you can easily build similar or better lights a lot cheaper ;) Both supply DIY components as well.

@Mariano Gomes: What size do you need to cover?

Still picking between a 5 x 5 or 4 x 4 I want to eventually start a perpetual grow in a 10 feet by 8.5 room.... I think the quantum boards will cost my round 1k dollars for the 5x5 and 700 dollars for the 4x4

It looks like another one of those cheapo Chinese lights. But the thing about them is that they are pretty good for the money. I have two of them. One is a Bestva and the other is a King Plus. I'm no expert grower by any means. But I can tell you that my plants seem to love the light they are getting. Green, thick and bushy seems good to me.

Yeah and I've grown this under Mars lights, but that's not science!!!! And it certainly doesn't mean I recommend getting a Mars light!

DSC0171511.jpg

Mars is a good light for a beginner, I pulled 23oz out of 6- plants. I'm now getting ready to buy a PS COB. Good luck...️
a4ebaae372798a7cd68c8cf959278d27.jpg

I am still thinking between 4 of these lights for a 5 x 5 tent but if I need 6 of these they will cost around $900 dollars which is the price for a quantum board setup so I might just settle for a 4 x 4 tent and do the $700 quantum board...

I am still thinking between 4 of these lights for a 5 x 5 tent but if I need 6 of these they will cost around $900 dollars which is the price for a quantum board setup so I might just settle for a 4 x 4 tent and do the $700 quantum board...
Yea I hear the QB are awesome lights. If you can afford to get the QB I would. I'm getting ready to purchase a Perfect Sun Cob, I'm pretty excited to see what they can do lol...️

Still picking between a 5 x 5 or 4 x 4 I want to eventually start a perpetual grow in a 10 feet by 8.5 room.... I think the quantum boards will cost my roun 1k dollars for the 5x5 and 700 dollars for the 4x4

I still strongly recommend you get a 600w HID for 4x4 and 1000w HID for 5x5, as you find your growing style(s) you get a better idea of what you want your lights to do for you - this is very important when you intend to expand in the future.
I know there's a lot of talk about LED being the future and a lot of terms and psuedoscience is thrown in our faces all the time to make us buy stuff, but the upfront cost vs efficiency of HID is just unmatched by any LED light out there except one that you DIY to your specific needs ;)

I'm guessing you're in the states and power consumption is not a huge issue, otherwise I wouldn't recommend 1000w as the 600w is more effiecient watt for watt.
A bulb, a digital ballast, a good air-cooled hood and an exhaust system and you're good to grow, with lots of dollars left in your kitty for seeds, medium, pots, meters, nutrients etc.

Get to know the plant and how you prefer to grow it before you shell out big bucks on equipment ;)

About the QB's: 6x 288 will POWER a 4x4 and do very well in 5x5, but 9 is where the gold is at, you wanna hit that +800 PPFD on every square inch of your growspace.

An answer from Entheogenerator's PPFD thread:

Building a QB lamp for 4x4 yourself:

6x QB 288: 6 x 75 = $450 - HLG
6x heatsink: 6 x 14,49 = $86,94 - HLG
3x Meanwell HLG240H-C2100A drivers: 3 x 70 = $210 - Mouser
(boards will be dimmable in groups of 2 this way, you could get 2x driver for 3 boards, can't remember which is fitting but can easily find out, would lower the cost a bit, so would getting heatsinks for more than one board)
Wires, power cord, connectors, nuts, bolts etc. = $20 - electricity/hardware store/online shop

Total = $767, lets say a little shipping fees and extras like hangers are added and you're looking at an even $800 for a powerhouse of light with adjustable output and 6 points of light that can each be hanging at different heights ;)
All you need for assembly is a small phillips head screwdriver and a pair of scissors.

Adding some IR and Far Red and maybe even UV for like less than 30 minutes after lights out would be killer ;)

Back
Top Bottom