Hi I'm Troy McClure

TroyMcclure

420 Member
Hey hommies,

Just about to purchase all my gear but I'd love to talk and discuss it all with the community before I do.

Here is the plan (apologies for the low quality).
IMG_1420.jpg

Vertical Grow Space

# = inches from floor to top of item

0: floor
1: drip pan
9.5: top of soil
11.5: top of pot
16.5: first screen
23.5: second screen
43: tallest recommended canopy height
61: LED light
63.3: top of LED light
70: tent roof

First Grow Goals:
  • Yield: 80-120g
  • Learn how to raise a healthy plant
Bought:
  • Tent: Mammoth Grow Tents Classic120 3.9x3.9x5.9'
  • Seeds: Crop King Seeds White Widow (fem)
  • Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
  • 5 Gallon fabric pot
  • 4x4 trellis net

In the cart:
  • Lights: Spider Farmer SF1000 LED
  • Inline fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S6, 6”
  • Carbon filter for intake: iPower 6"
  • Exhaust fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, 6” + Temperature Humidity Controller
  • Power Bar: APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, 850VA
  • Timer: Kuman 15A/1800W 24-Hour Digital Timer Socket, 7-Day Digital Programmable Timer Switch

• soil pH meter
  • water pH meter
  • ducting

Basically I will be growing for the first time, I have a low ceiling (80") and a pretty damp and dutty basement. Im in the newest & nicest room in the basement and separated from most of the low quality airspace. I rather be safe than sorry so I have a carbon filter on the inline fan, and I have the exhaust fan ducting out of my house. The goal is 1 plant on the first grow, only 1 Spider Farmer SF1000 (if i can get away with it for the first grow), a 2x2 ScrOG from the white widow seed in my 4x4 grow tent.

Quick info on the SF1000:
  • Veg Footprint: 3 x 3 ft
  • Flower Footprint: 2 x 2 ft
  • Max Yield:2.2g/watt
  • Actual Draw: 100 watt (up to 130)
  • HID equivalent: 200 watt
  • Efficacy: 2.7 umol/J
  • Spectrum: 3000K, 5000K, 660nm, 760nm
  • can be lowered to 12" from canopy
  • 1569421729580.png

I have general questions about how much to expect the electricity cost to be?
Temperature in the grow tent (in basement that will be averaging around 60-64F) during the winter in Canada.

Looking forward to chatting with the community and very excited to start my new hobby.

Cheers

Welcome to the community.

Hey noticed in pic that you had filter on intake not exhaust. I would reverse that. Other than that great plan.

Power is dependent on where you live but where I sm costs me about $60/ month for full grow room.

Welcome to the community.

Hey noticed in pic that you had filter on intake not exhaust. I would reverse that. Other than that great plan.

Power is dependent on where you live but where I sm costs me about $60/ month for full grow room.

Thank you!

The exhaust is going right out the window through ducting, and the filter is probably needed for the intake because the basement outside the grow tent could be a little moldy or a little buggy.

Whats your opinion on that?

I also grow in a basement which half is dirt. Mold and moisture plenty before starting grow but once you have your temps and humidity in grow room where you want it, that issue is not present anymore. But if money no issue than by all means.

I would be trying to get fresh air intake if the air in basement is not very good instead of trying to filter bad air. JMO

I would be trying to get fresh air intake if the air in basement is not very good instead of trying to filter bad air. JMO

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.

So fresh intake wouldn’t normally be a problem with an open window but I’ll be in Toronto’s cold winter and temperature in the next month or so, I can’t do that for the next 6-8 months.

Is that what you were referring to as “get fresh air intake” or is there another way?

I'm in Newfoundland. Cold as cold can be here. I pull fresh air from outside through a 4" vent directly into grow room all year round. No issues.

Welcome to the forum fellow Canadian from NorthWest coast BC!

I'm growing cks auto's too and in the same tent as your list, I'm happy with it so far, decent quality gear.

Happy growing!

In winter I have length of 4" vent pipe that goes right onto lights, never affected plants at all. Both my intake and exhaust fans are 4" and too small for my space so they run all time.

Thank you!

The exhaust is going right out the window through ducting, and the filter is probably needed for the intake because the basement outside the grow tent could be a little moldy or a little buggy.

If you have dirty tent and space you need to clean it. scrub scrub scrub with bleach water. this is odd dude lol.

Thank you!

The carbon filter is for odor control. I don't think it will help with those other issues. You need it on the exhaust unless it doesn't matter that you'll be blowing weed odor out of your window.

If you have dirty tent and space you need to clean it. scrub scrub scrub with bleach water. this is odd dude lol.

The tent is clean, the room will be bleached and scrubbed clean, and it is not that bad at all. The basement is nothing dramatic but damp, has the cat litter box, and has had some flooding before. It will be dealt with as well as I can but i think it will be less than ideal.

With my first grow i wanted to be safer than sorry with mold and bugs but if the community thinks im being a little too cautious ill take that into account

Back
Top Bottom