Hi, Playing With Hydro And Grow Lights

Welcome.

First cannabis I ever grew indoors came from seeds a family friend got from Asian (Thai) bud. They produced hermaphrodite plants, and the trait carried on into the next generation when I tried crossing with several other strains, so I discarded the line. A decision I found myself regretting, a few times - the effect from the bud was nice.

I'd like to grow Ace Seeds' Golden Tiger one of these days. It's a Thai/Malawi cross, and the current generation is supposed to be Thai-leaning. According to the lab analysis on the strain's web page, it's also supposed to be capable of yielding buds with something like 27% to 33.6% THCa.

One assumes test results that appear on a strain's own web page will be optimum results, grown under optimum conditions, but... yes, that's the impression I got, too ;). I saw lab test results from a gram that a cannabis gardener sent in to get tested, and the report was just over 20% THC. So maybe, IDK, 22% or 23% THCa? If I remember correctly, the same person also had a sample of Zamaldelica (African landrace mother from Reunion Island, pollinated by a Golden Tiger male) that was of comparable potency.

Either strain would probably be an interesting parent to cross with an indica, for someone who was trying to produce a quicker-flowering hybrid that had somewhat denser buds, but wished to maintain potency and have a reasonable chance of keeping the general sativa effects.

A lot of reading on the forum already. lots of interesting topics.
I find new things to look at every minute of every day. I don't know what to troll and research and take mental notes of first anymore

I am not a hydro grower, but commend you for wanting to check it all out! Best of luck
last year i built a drip system using rows of 6L bottles with clay balls and coco core, it worked pretty well. It drained into a bigger container that acted like a flood and drain back to the reservoir. Here in Taiwan it gets pretty hot in the summer, so the clay balls alone dried out too quickly, so adding the coco core worked well, meant i could pump to the top reservoir every 6 hrs and let it drip through for the next 45 min. I recently moved apartments so i basically have to start over with a build on the new balcony. So reading up on anything new as i didn't read the forums for a couple of years. Also i will have to find out the hydro farm in Taiwan that sells the nutrients, their homemade nutrients seemed to work well. I found it a little complicated ordering from the US and sending big bottles of liquid to Taiwan. Thanks to everyone for the great comments.

last year i built a drip system using rows of 6L bottles with clay balls and coco core, it worked pretty well. It drained into a bigger container that acted like a flood and drain back to the reservoir. Here in Taiwan it gets pretty hot in the summer, so the clay balls alone dried out too quickly, so adding the coco core worked well, meant i could pump to the top reservoir every 6 hrs and let it drip through for the next 45 min. I recently moved apartments so i basically have to start over with a build on the new balcony. So reading up on anything new as i didn't read the forums for a couple of years. Also i will have to find out the hydro farm in Taiwan that sells the nutrients, their homemade nutrients seemed to work well. I found it a little complicated ordering from the US and sending big bottles of liquid to Taiwan. Thanks to everyone for the great comments.
OK ok I see how you "roll"! How long did it take you to set everything up the first round? Any thoughts on when you will be able to start up again? That's great about the farm near you, certainly helps with accessibility I'm sure! Good luck, I'll be looking for your new digs!

Back
Top Bottom