hi there a Q about mixing different nutes brands

420babylon

hi there my Q is
i want to use biobizz line and AN line so i got from biobizz biobloom bioheaven and top max and from AN i got sensi grow and b52
now my Q is can i mix them without damaging the plant

last time i used for veg only sensi grow and b52 and for bloom i used biobloom, b52 and big bud.
can i use the bioheaven, b52, sensi grow during the veg now and for bloom bio bloom, bio heaven, b52 and top max?

thank you best tokes and smoked fellas.

Well, here's the thing.

It is never a good idea to put too much stuff on a plant. Some people think that by adding more and more nutrients they're gonna get a bigger and better yield, things couldn't be farther from this, and a lot of people learn it the hard way.

The way you get deficiencies, for example, is not because you're using too little of a X nutrient, but because you're giving it too much Y nutrient and this excess of Y nutrient is blocking the plant's ability to absorb the X nutrient, hence you get a X nutrient deficiency.
So most people try to solve this to no avail by using more X nutrient, and they don't realize that they need to cut down on the Y nutrient to get things going again.

So, by mixing all your products you're gonna have that happen to you, and worse, because you'll be overloading the plant with one nutrient whilst having a deficiency of another.

My advice would be to chose a set of compatible micro/macro nutrients and enhancers, such as the AN line of Sensi Grow and Bloom + Big Bud (weeks 2-3-4) + Overdrive (weeks 5-6-7), then flush for the remaining 2-3 weeks of the cycle or until you feel they're ready.
When it comes to nutrients and water, you have to be careful and in most cases the rule of thumb is the less the better. Regarding light, on the other hand, as long as you can control temperature and air circulation then the more the merrier.

Also keep in mind that there are nutrients for hydro and different ones for soil. I'm pretty sure that BioBizz is for soil and I know that AN is for hydro. This means that using one on other than its intended system, may be harmful for your plants and will definitely not work as expected and you'd be throwing money away.

If you're using hydro, then I'd recommend either keep using the Sensi Line or change to the organic Iguana Line. They cost the same, and the Iguana is only one bottle instead of two, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten much better results with the Iguana so that's what I use.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy growing !! :Namaste:

I my self use an bases and tons of other companys additives together.i would think that toxicity would occur if doses are above the growth of the plant and its environment.always start off with half or less of the companys suggested dosage.for example the a.n. bases say to add 4ml per liter or 15.12 ml per gal,i personally use 5 ml a gal no where near the suggested dose.now when you go and start adding all those additives you do the same thing.another thing to check is to see the source of the nutrient profile ,you don't want to waste time and money buying the same products from different companys and still have the same nute in 4 different bottles.i know cannabis loves potassium ,so I look for as many different sources of it as possible,like bloombastic by atami it uses laminara digata and ascophyllum nodosum,prime from heavy 16 uses potassium sulfate which is in the bases but it has underwent a process in which makes it more available to plants.when using an additive use it half dose also and keep that to 1-2 per week.the only time I ever seen problems mixin different nutes be it organic or chems was when I used earth juice catalyst with chems,the stuff caused crazy ph swings in soil.and even then I found that the earth juice was pass expiration date so who knows.i would say give it a shot.and as far as nutes go for veg and flower I use a.n. grow a and a.n. bloom b with magical for both veg and bloom base.

hey thanks for the advice
i actually tried last watering
AN sensi grow
AN B52
Bio Heaven
1/2 doses
they 2nd week of grow
using Soil mix
400 hps with analog ballast 255cfm cool tube
growing
Holly grail kush
Sleestack
kosher tangie
and seems to love the nutes cuz they looking up and green
next watering ill give full nutes

Don't bump up the nutes too much, way easier to fix a deficiency than overfeeding. And mixing brands isn't a bad things, it's the chemicals within them and their interaction which would cause a need for worry. Strangely enough, as long as I've been scouring around this site, I haven't come across anyone who has said their different brands of stuff have reacted with each other and ruined the nute solution. Doesn't mean it can't happen but I would think it is a rare occurance

Back
Top Bottom