Hi There and Thanks!

Giantsfan24

My name is Rob and I'm totally new here. I've been cruising around for the last week or so getting ideas and absorbing information for my grow box.

I've recently gotten my prescription and although the prices at my dispensary are reasonable, I've been wanting to grow my own for quite some time.

I'm a very occasional user and don't need much to keep me in meds for quite a while but it's more about the hobby for me as I'm not in constant pain but occasional pain.

What is it about not being able to pm someone until you've got 50 posts? Just curious.

I grew in the late 70's .it's crazy how much information is out there now. I had a 75 page booklet to go off of and it helped but nothing like there is out there at the point of a mouse...

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and being an information leach..hope that's ok! lol

Thanks!
:thanks:

:welcome: to the 420Mag Family! We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and Information across the globe. :adore:Gotta love the Giants:adore::woohoo: Congrats on getting your Dr's reccommendation and for joining Our 420Mag Family! The 50 posts rule is for many reasons one of which to encourage you to get to know everyone and them you. As you can imagine operating a Pro Marijuana website in the USA we must be ever so vigilant to follow State and Federal Law. While 420Mag is 420% safe and secure we want to keep things that way. You will reach 50 posts in no time at all. Please read Our Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting to make your membership safe and secure. Why not:surf: https://www.420magazine.com/community/ and tell us what you think? I will provide some terrific links to Our Legal Medical Marijuana Gardens that will blow your mind. If there is anything we can assist you with just say the word. Have a great and safe time, see you on the boards.
Here you grow:
The Munki's Playground
Kron's 2010 Summer to Fall Medigrow
420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie
The VipersNest Continuous
Chromes Gone Hempy: "Kushberry" + Bagseed/Bagseed Clone: CFLs!
420 Cannasumer Reports - Seed Madness Medical Grow by The Butcher
Health Canada Seed Stock Test Grow
OBX's Hempy 400 Watt Vertical CMH Blue Widow Strawberry Cough Diesel fall grow '10
Sour Diesel #8 indoor, 2x600w, soil, FF nutes

Quite frankly...my mind is already blown! I'm still hungover from the "trainwreck" I experienced 3 days ago..! Yeah, it's been that long..

Thanks for the welcome. This site is awesome and I'm getting excited to start my own grow.

Go GIANTS!!

I'm very new to strains..last time I was into smoking, there weren't strains that I knew of.

My last visit to the dispensary I picked up a little Train Wreck, Original PK and Purple Cheese...wtf? Purple Cheese? lol :)

All we had in the 80's was sensimilla...(sp) of unknown origin. The differences now are astounding. Haven't really been into smoking for about 15 years.

Prop. 19 and some pain I have had for sometime but ignored got me thinking that I could manage this with a little "meds" and hence a "grow".

Still pending the wife's approval but I'll stealth it so much she won't be able to disapprove!

I'm very new to strains..last time I was into smoking, there weren't strains that I knew of.

My last visit to the dispensary I picked up a little Train Wreck, Original PK and Purple Cheese...wtf? Purple Cheese? lol :)

All we had in the 80's was sensimilla...(sp) of unknown origin. The differences now are astounding. Haven't really been into smoking for about 15 years.

Prop. 19 and some pain I have had for sometime but ignored got me thinking that I could manage this with a little "meds" and hence a "grow".

Still pending the wife's approval but I'll stealth it so much she won't be able to disapprove!

You remind me of me when I quit for awhile. I quit while I had children growing up and when I come back in there were all these new names. I think there was more great weed when I quit (in the Seattle area). I restarted smoking in 2005. Now I am finally starting to get great weed consistently again. I think what happen is everybody and his brother started growing and that brought the quality down. Now everyone that knows me knows I am a very picky person. They do not bring me mids and try to pass them off as AA. When I quit smoking in the 80s we didn't have mids.

That's true..there was just schwag and "the good stuff"...the good stuff was always a mix..could be anything the high's were different and not consistent..

Same here..quit about 15 years ago, haven't grown in 25 years and that was an indoor closet system ..phototron...wish I still had that thing...

I failed and got frustrated but there wasn't nearly the information that there is now. It's not even close.

A friend gave me a little bud a couple years ago that I still have. Smells great, high is ok and smokes like crap. The train wreck was so smooth..and the high so stony..literally I smoked a pinch. Not even close to a bowl in my bubbler and I was just a mess!

I haven't even tried the pk or the cheese yet..maybe tonight!

Hey Nox!

I miss Nates Seafood down on Beltline in Addison!! We lived in north dallas, me for a year and my wife for 2 years before we got married...

Loved it there..welcome to 420..it's awesome here!

:welcome:

Dear GiantsFan24 (GF24)

Yes we really like Dallas. We lived in Houston before moving here about 5 years ago. Two cities so close together yet so different. We like Dallas better. Native Texan born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Abilene... UT - Austin ... then to Houston- now in North Dallas near Preston and Royal

I really like the cool strip in Addison where you can get any kind of food! DFW is nearing 7 million now and just huge with any kind of activity!

If you have friend here, please let them know about us. We need to move to be more like California. My mother was from LA so I am a Tex-Cal or vs versa.

Have a great day.

Nox

Nox,
My wife and I were stunned at the difference between Houston and Dallas, then fell in love with Austin..what a beautiful city..

Ft. Worth is a great place as well..you just can't beat Texas as a place to live, no question.

Nate's Seafood on Beltline was our favorite, went there all the time. Bugs! I miss them terribly. Got to get back there for a visit sometime soon!

GF24:rollit:

I'm very new to strains..last time I was into smoking, there weren't strains that I knew of. ..

All we had in the 80's was sensimilla...(sp) of unknown origin. The differences now are astounding. Haven't really been into smoking for about 15 years. ....

......Still pending the wife's approval but I'll stealth it so much she won't be able to disapprove!

:goodluck: with the wife!! I am sure she will see the benefits of your improved health.
I also quit using Marijuana many years ago only to come back to Medical Marijuana with its many strains. Years ago in the 80's the best strains were Northern Lights#5 from Neville at The Seed Bank of Holland but thats over. It was a heroic story Neville went to Holland to kick dope and found the benefits of Marijuana obtained a Govt grant and founded The Seed Bank of Holland. He was responsible for many of the legendary genetics we enjoy today and worked assiduosly to stabilize his genetics. He has occaisonally worked with Shantibaba at Mr Nice Seedbank.

That's true..there was just schwag and "the good stuff"...the good stuff was always a mix..could be anything the high's were different and not consistent..

Same here..quit about 15 years ago, haven't grown in 25 years and that was an indoor closet system ..phototron...wish I still had that thing...

I failed and got frustrated but there wasn't nearly the information that there is now. It's not even close.

A friend gave me a little bud a couple years ago that I still have. Smells great, high is ok and smokes like crap. The train wreck was so smooth..and the high so stony..literally I smoked a pinch. Not even close to a bowl in my bubbler and I was just a mess!

I haven't even tried the pk or the cheese yet..maybe tonight!

You can build a grow setup that would blow a photron away for less than $100. If I remember the phototron cost about $400

:goodluck: with the wife!! I am sure she will see the benefits of your improved health.
I also quit using Marijuana many years ago only to come back to Medical Marijuana with its many strains. Years ago in the 80's the best strains were Northern Lights#5 from Neville at The Seed Bank of Holland but thats over. It was a heroic story Neville went to Holland to kick dope and found the benefits of Marijuana obtained a Govt grant and founded The Seed Bank of Holland. He was responsible for many of the legendary genetics we enjoy today and worked assiduosly to stabilize his genetics. He has occaisonally worked with Shantibaba at Mr Nice Seedbank.

You can build a grow setup that would blow a photron away for less than $100. If I remember the phototron cost about $400

It's amazing how far strains have come..I tried Purple Cheese last night and the smoke was so smooth. The high was light and airy...so different from trainwreck which is just amazing..

I got the ok from the wife last night...I hadn't told her about the prescription as I was afraid she'd not be happy about it but she was ok with it! Then showed her the cabinet I bought to build a grow box and she approved that too! There must be no snowballs in hell!

So I'm getting started to "reconstruct" the box and will post pictures when I get it done. Can't wait!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom