High Brix Hunger Games: Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000

So with the success of the first hunger games and the addition of High Brix into my grow tech, I have decided to consolidate into one thread. I have a few chem plants left going through this cycle but then it's all High Brix for me.

High Brix growing with Docbud's kit has been one of the truly most rewarding cannabis experiences I have ever been a part of. The kit itself is a self contained set of amendments, drenches, and foliars. Buy the kit from Docbud and get a bale of Promix HP with Mycorrhizae, and a 30lb bag of no potassium Earthworm castings. Mix the castings, promix, and supplied amendment and let sit for a month...voila you have fully cooked and ready soil. After the first run the soil can be reamended and used again. Up to 3 times or more.
The results of my first grow with High Brix were enough to convince me to put all of my chem nutes on the shelf and make the switch to all High Brix. Here is the winner of the first round of Hunger Games...Dynastygenetics Huckleberry Kush #11.

Dynastygenetics Huckleberry Kush#11
is quite a beautiful plant. It stretches only 50-75% taller than it starts at the beginning of flower. She has trichomes for days and smells of lavender and hash, mixed with a touch of coffee. Her aftertaste is straight up wonderful hashish. SHe hits you in the forehead with a velvet hammer and sometimes makes you feel like you are wearing a ninja turtle eyemask, not a headband, just lower around the eyes. She entices you with some hunger and rewards you with a relaxing body tingle. No couch lock here. She is truly a great find and I will keep cloning her for decades. That is unless one of the second pack of Huckleberry Kush seeds turns out a better plant! Doubtful, but anything is possible!

I am still keeping the Huck Kush #3 pineberry pheno but only for me. She doesn't produce enough to make her worthwhile for anything but my personal. But She tastes so wonderful. Wnderful sweet and sour berry with a lingering pine finish, she is just too damn tasty to ditch.

TGA Agent Orange
will be grown here or there because the high brix version is so damn good. The chem plant has a strong citrus smell and taste, like orange peels. The high Brix version tastes like blood orange and grapefruit and is deeper and muskier. So complex in flavor, she is a tropical citrus delight. She is great daytime cannabis, all in the head and your mind is still clear.

But all things must come to an end and a new era has begun. Here is a list of the new strains I have going now!

Flying Dutchmen Twister

I received my coveted Twister back from a caretaking friend. Twister is a strain I started growing in the 90s, and have cloned her for almost two decades. She has not been available in seed form since the before the turn of the century. She smells more in Veg than most plants smell in flower. She has smooth stems and is a 60% sativa 40%Indica hybrid, whose origins are not known but speculated to be a NL#5 X Haze X Skunk#1. The Skunk part must be true because the Flying Dutchmen cross almost everything with their special Skunk#1 they have kept going since the Skunkman brought Skunk to Amsterdam. Twister is a low stretch plant that automatically bushes. She feels soapy to the touch and is smooth stemmed. She branches like crazy and will produce so many nodes close together it is just amazing to see. She finishes in 60 days and is my favorite smoke of all time. She smells of hash, Cat piss, and citrus, and I can only imagine what high brix growing will do for her. I have some that are currently 3 days post flip.

Pyramid Seeds Tutankhamon

AK-47 selection, this variety has one of the highest percentages of THC in the market (Analyzed in the 2011 Barcelona Energy Spannabis control).
It is a small, compact and highly branched with lots of fluffy and full of resin buds plant.
It is productive and excellent in every way. Its taste is fresh, fruity and has a very lasting brain effect.

Kind 60% Sativa / 40% Indica
Inside
Production 600 gr. / M 2 600 W
Flowering 60 Days
Height 75/150 cm
Outside
Production 500/1500 gr. per plant
flowering Europe September
Flowering Latin America March
THC: 23% CBN: 0.6% CBD: 1.8%

THC Bomb

feminized indoor outdoor medical
Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Sept-Oct
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

THC Bomb; our original signature strain, has created rave reviews around the world. This unique mixture of giant, rock-hard buds with explosive THC levels make it one for commercial growers and connoisseurs alike.Like Big Bomb, the harvest will be massive coupled with the power and strength of white strains. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant grows with extreme vigour and strength while staying relatively short and finishing very fast for such a large yielder.Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed!

Dynastygenetics Bluniverse

Strain Name:Bluniverse

Brand:Dynasty Genetics

Stable F1
Lineage:

Blue MAgoo x Ms.Universe #10

Parental Information

Mom- The Blue Magoo is an elite clone from Oregon that's been around since the 90s.. Her lineage is Blueberry x MajorLeagueBud(williams wonder f2)... Berry, Roses and smells of incense permeate the area when this beauty is around..

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine... The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices.....

Indica/Sativa %
50% Indica / 50% Sativa

Feminized Seeds?
No

Indoor / Outdoor

Indoor
Outdoor
Greenhouse
Bloom Length:8-9 weeks

# of Phenotypes? 3

Describe each phenotype expression:

Expect amazingly unique terpene and resin profile on all plants. Some of the best extracts await with this very special strain! expect slight variations between phenos.

Pheno #1- Blue Magoo Dom, Indica dominant structure with moderate stretch .75 and copious amounts of resin. Fastest blooming phono that can be harvested as early as 8 week.

Pheno #2- 50/50 between both parents. Good plant for scrog with a controllable stretch and amazing aromas ranging from a hazy/fruit salad with hints of sandalwood/vanilla and caramel.

pheno #3- Ms.Universe dominant plants with a bit more stretch (1-1.25x). smells of cherry/haze/vanilla/caramel with blueberry undertones.. yummm

Stretch:.75-1.25x

Resin Profile:Copious Resin

Odour Score:8

Odour Description:blueberry, cherry, vanilla spice

Flavour Score:9

Flavour Description:berry flavor with fruity haze undertones

Potency Score:9

High Type:strong heady high followed by sedating relaxation

DRZ 4Csins
COming from DRZ we have an interesting strain called 4Csins.

Lineage:
Mom: Carnival x Cotton Candy
Dad: Columbian Gold
Bloom time:?
Yield:?
Harvest:?

Kingdom Organic Seeds Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon (poly)F1 Hybrid

Lineage: Dark Matter (m) x Boggle Dragon
Lighting: MH/LED/T5/Plasma
Recommended Growing Style: TLO (True Living Organics)
Yield: Very Large
Flowering Time Indoors: 68 -75 Days
Harvest Outdoors: Late October in Northern Hemispshere
Sativa/Indica/Rudi Ratios: 50/50 Sativa/Indica (approx)

The Dark Matter male used in this cross is a hybrid of Rusty Haze x Cherry Thunderfuck. This variety is very hearty with quite unique flavors and smells with large yields. The high-type is one that can cause some paranoia, but to me the Dark Matter is full of "Dark Energy" with zero burnout and long legs and just a super fun ride.

The Boggle Dragon is BOG's Bogglegum male crossed to my Blue Dragon selected female, BOG's hybrid was an old NL #5 crossed to a Bubblegum and the Blue Dragon is Blue Rhino male crossed to a landrace Tibetan cultivar, my Tibetan Gold. I selected the Boggle Dragon female specifically to target the most awesome Tibetan high-type that runs dominant in the Dark Dragon hybrid.

The Dark Dragon works well topped or not and is one hell of a large yielding variety, she also has the most powerful strong smells of candied pink grapefruit which is also how she tastes, wow! A real gem here and her potency is extreme; a very good pick for commercial endeavors as she also grows easily, is highly resistant to stress, is super hearty and can get LARGE outdoors especially. Her flowers are large and long with impressive "bag appeal" as we used to say, so check this one out; connoisseur cannabis right here.

EXTENDED BREEDER'S NOTES:

February 21, 2016:
There are at least a couple phenos as far as colors go. Some of them have dark purple petioles that look almost black. This was the first pheno I finished. They all have naturally (genetic) purple-ish petioles, so don't mistake this for a phosphorous issue. Topped and grown in slightly larger containers really pays off with these as far as really big yields.
The high-type of my first female is wicked full of sativa expressions as far as the edgy side of the ride, along with some decent energy, and long legs, 3 hours. If you are someone that tends to get paranoid when smoking certain varieties should be cautious; while I myself don't really get paranoid, puffing or not, I can tell this variety has that quality. The potency is intense, and the flavors are something like sweet guava fruit or something, seriously delicious and very smelly.

February 24, 2016
This variety has that *special* floral structure that makes her a primo candidate for outdoors near the coast. Her flowers are pretty dense, but not rock hard and this allows some airflow that is really good at avoiding things like Bud-Rot molds later in the season when rains or moisture becomes heavier.

TGA Shangrila

Fudo Myo-o X 9lb Hammer

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and imagine a world free of pain, stress and insomnia. A special place of peace and tranquility. This is a journey that Shangrila can take you on. Exhale as you enter a state of alert relaxation; great for mind and body relief. Experience a variation of sweet flavors including fruity grape and lemon-mango, to light coffee and spicy notes.

Many medical patients appreciate Shangrila for it's ability to suppress pain and relieve stress, while connoisseurs and growers alike admire this strain for its outstanding plant structure and high levels of frosty resin content.

Phenotypes: The first, most recognizable pheno is more bushy than stretchy. A more indica-like structure. This pheno often displays chunky nuggets densely coated in trichomes resting atop dark purple foliage. The impressively firm flowers ooze when harvested. The second notable pheno has obvious stretch early on, so a healthy topping in both vegging and flowering cycles are recommended. This pheno can exhibit a plethora of epic pineapple shaped kolas containing violet colored pistils peppered in dense, light green buds. Shangrila is a great terpene producer for extraction lovers.
Height: Medium to large stretch
Yield: This lady blesses growers with massive yields.
Recommended for Indoor and Outdoor.
Best way to grow: Topping if needed both early in vegging cycle and also in flowering cycle is suggested. This is an easy strain to clone and requires minimal trimming during harvesting.
Harvest: 56-63 days
Sat/Ind: 60/40
Hybrid: Fudo Myo-o X 9lb Hammer
High Type: A fusion of cerebral elation and physical relaxation providing relief from stress, pain, and nausea. It can also be a great aid for those with insomnia hoping to fall asleep faster.
Taste/Aroma: Tastes range from gooey grape berry and lemon-mango to slight coffee and skunky fruit nuances The smoke is sweet and slightly spicy as it invigorates your taste buds. The flavor becomes more pronounced when vaping.

Dynastygenetics Pineapple Fields
Lineage: Kali Snapple x Ms.Universe #10

Parental Information:
Mom- Kali Snapple is an elite clone that consists or Snowbud/Pineapple x Kali Mist (pre 2000). By far the smelliest plant I've ever had in my garden, this trait passes down in the Pineapple fields gene pool, so be ready for extra Carbon filters if you have neighbors.

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine... The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices.....

both parents were created by Professor P

Indica/Sativa %
Sativa Dominant
Feminized Seeds?
No
Indoor / Outdoor
Indoor
Outdoor
Greenhouse
Bloom Length:
9-11weeks
# of Phenotypes?
Describe each phenotype expression:

Pheno "A"- (40%) 50/50 pheno exhibiting traits from both parents and nearly a perfect plant. 9-10wk bloom, chunky buds/good yielder , PM resistant, purple hues and an amazing pineapple/candy/dank smell.

Pheno "B"(20%) reeking of pineapple roadkill, this Kali Snapple dominant pheno that is the smelliest of the bunch. incredible terpenes and high.

Pheno "C" (20%) Ms.Universe pheno that takes the longest to bloom (10-11wk) but the skyrocket high is well worth the wait. pineapple/haze smells and flavors bless the senses when this lady is in the area.

Pheno "D" fasting blooming pheno (58-65days), recessive pineapple genes that will make you salivate at first whiff. Pineapple juice is the main smells you will get from her.

Stretch:
1-2x
Resin Profile:
High resin
Odour Score:10
Odour Description:
Pineapple, Haze, Road Kill
Flavour Score:9
Flavour Description:
Pineapple, Tropical fruit, haze, old school skunk
Potency Score:
High Type:
well rounded, cerebral/body

Plan of Action!
My plans are to continue the pheno hunts as they are what I love most, collecting beautiful phenos so I never get bored partaking. The scientist in me wants to experiment with a few things. These include:

Far red trigger lights for rapid conversion of phytochrome at lights out.
Altering the number of males/females from seed using blue LED.
Using silver thiosulfate to reverse sex of female plants and provide pollen for feminized seeds.
Optimizing concentrate protocols.
Cloning the genes for THC production into common fruits and vegetables (just kidding...kind of)

re: High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Fire with the Perfect Sun 1000 & Doc Bud's Kit

:high-five:

Dang! First one? That's a first for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

re: High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Fire with the Perfect Sun 1000 & Doc Bud's Kit

No time to read the post... Just sign me up for the ride along. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Let's get her going ShiggityFlip :yahoo:

KiG Brother :green_heart:cheers

Edit: sigh... OK now I can read the post. :)

I'm here, with bells on. :yahoo:

Dang! First one? That's a first for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Welcome Major, there is a comfy Papasan chair just for you with a hookah so you can puff the Huck Kush like the caterpillar in Alice and wonderland.
No time to read the post... Just sign me up for the ride along. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Let's get her going ShiggityFlip :yahoo:
KiG Brother :green_heart:cheers

Edit: sigh... OK now I can read the post. :)
Welcome Snid! I am very happy to have you here. There is a leather recliner and vape waiting for you. It is packed with the agent orange which tastes of blood orange and grapefruit.
I'm here, with bells on. :yahoo:
Always a spot for you Sue, I have a set of green interlocking floor tiles and a tray of delicious brownies cooling in the window. And for you they were made with the zippy Twister that feels like sunshine on your face.

I'm down too.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire with Docbud's Kit

:popcorn:

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire with Docbud's Kit

Fill me up another glass of that cool-aid Shiggity.:drool:

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Wouldnt miss this show.

Some great strains as well. Looking forward to this.

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Welcome Graytail, I would hate to grow without your awesome advice. I have a Byzantine era cushioned lords chair for you and some Twister I teleported back from the future.

Fill me up another glass of that cool-aid Shiggity.:drool:

Your glass is always full in my garden FF, this time with bulletproof canna coffee. And some Pinepple fields teleported as well.

I'm here to lurk! Good luck!

Lurk away sephiroth, here is an iron spiked chair befitting such a name. Guess I will just leave jars out and let everyone pic what they like.

First page action :nomo::roorrip::popcorn:

Here is a folding camping chair Noob because you are everywhere and always on the go!

Wouldnt miss this show.

Some great strains as well. Looking forward to this.

Me too Blaze, I have a fireproof chair in case of spontaneous combustion!

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Awesome beleaf, welcome to 420! nice cushioned ottoman for you.

First time first row, I'm in.

What could we give you but a captains chair, this one from the HMS Bounty.

Oooo..... I see the party's cranked it up a few notches overnight. What a marvelous group of traveling companions, and such an accommodating host. Good morning Shiggity. :hug:

Smoke report High Brix Huckleberry Kush.

I bud wash in 5 gallon buckets, the first has 1 cup baking soda and 1 cup lemon juice. Next two were plain lukewarm water. Well sometimes you end up popping a small lower bud off by accident. I washed them and let them sit on a folding chair I keep in the grow. I was sharing bonghits with my GF from those huck kush 11 buds on the chair.

The chem nute HK11 is very nice. I always say like a velvet hammer to the forehead and settling around the eyes like a ninja turtle eyemask and also tingly in the body. It smells of lavender, hash and notes of coffee. The smoke is fairly smooth but with a hashy aftertaste that sometimes gets you a little cough. Not in the "this is harsh" way, just in the "Oh my lungs are expanding with wonderful hasy taste" way.

The Huckleberry Kush 11 High Brix was similar but much more complex. It is very smooth and nice, and the flavor is much stronger. The coffee note was gone but the Lavender Hash flavor was still there. The coffee was replaced by pine and sour berries! Yay, the berry came through! The aftertaste added the pine and berry to the hash as well, like smoking hash in a hookah with dried pine needles and berries mixed in. And the high? WHOA...this is much stronger than the chem version. After two shared bong bowls we had to take a moment to collect ourselves. It was like the chem high but added to it was a tingling all over my scalp. I was getting some auditory hallucinations of a really high pitched warble like a cricket going nonstop. Wicked High. Wicked. Still not couchlocky which is good! I tend to harvest at first amber so that helps keep the couchlock away from my indica hybrids. Oh High Brix cannabis, you make my heart sing!

I see what you mean bud. Our experiences seem to share some similarities. Long distance toking!

Whaat I made opening day? Looks like I'll be learning a lot here. The Hi-Brix is too attractive!

Should add beekeeping to your plans. I've seen they can be trained to collect thc into a psychoactive honey!

Back
Top Bottom