Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Ween,

I appreciate that, I hope to journal here one day. I’m working on setting up new grow & need parts. Ordering HB soil & LED’s from sponsors here. My veggie garden popped up nicely weeks ago.

Question for you HIgh Brix master grower types & I would love to hear a few different opinions.

1] What's the yield on sativa plants from skilled growers like you Brixers? Can you break this out on auto vs photoperiod style plants? Is that wet or cured?

2) What’s a great sativa strain that has good mix of thc/cbd properties, with high yields & is well suited for chronic pain? Not lazy here - I’ve read a ton of info at the leading seed banks but it all gets kinda jumbled.

3) Considering all things would it be easier / more advantageous to coax those yields out of a photoperiod, an auto or maybe a hybrid? Just an FYI.... I think I would prefer photoperiods, it seems to me that autos are more finicky to grow.

Thanks for your depth of experience.

Great questions 013. My thoughts are....Photo's are much more vigorous and easier to grow.
All our weights are after drying , but before curing , usually.
The sativa questions really depend on just how much pure sativa you are talking about. ACE seeds has , IMO the best variety of high end sativas ive seen. They have graced many pages in many journals in this neighborhood.
To achieve your listed goals in a sativa , you will need to go to a sativa dominant hybrid , like say 60-40 or 70-30...ok. For specific strains....just too many to list without knowing more about your grow styles etc. Do you wanna grow near pure sativas, like any of the Neville crosses or a lot of ACE's hybrids. Watever you decide i highly recommend growing with Doc's gear, inside or out. Hope this helps 013. Cheers eh.:circle-of-love:

Thanks Ween,

I appreciate that, I hope to journal here one day. I’m working on setting up new grow & need parts. Ordering HB soil & LED’s from sponsors here. My veggie garden popped up nicely weeks ago.

Question for you HIgh Brix master grower types & I would love to hear a few different opinions.

1] What's the yield on sativa plants from skilled growers like you Brixers? Can you break this out on auto vs photoperiod style plants? Is that wet or cured?

2) What’s a great sativa strain that has good mix of thc/cbd properties, with high yields & is well suited for chronic pain? Not lazy here - I’ve read a ton of info at the leading seed banks but it all gets kinda jumbled.

3) Considering all things would it be easier / more advantageous to coax those yields out of a photoperiod, an auto or maybe a hybrid? Just an FYI.... I think I would prefer photoperiods, it seems to me that autos are more finicky to grow.

Thanks for your depth of experience.

I'll pipe in in the sativas and pain management.

Indicas will numb the pain, whereas sativas help you block it. It doesn't numb it, it just makes it to where you don't notice it. If you want to be active with pain management I personally go with the sativas. They all are a bit different and the yields will vary quite a bit based on genetics, training, and how vigorous they plant is. I've gotten an ounce off a plant and I've gotten 6 off of one in the the same sized pot. They really vary.

As Duggan stated, Ace has some nice ones. You can't go won't with their Panama or Malawi. Both are highly worked landraces and excellent sativas in their own right.

Great questions 013. My thoughts are....Photo's are much more vigorous and easier to grow.
All our weights are after drying , but before curing , usually.
The sativa questions really depend on just how much pure sativa you are talking about. ACE seeds has , IMO the best variety of high end sativas ive seen. They have graced many pages in many journals in this neighborhood.
To achieve your listed goals in a sativa , you will need to go to a sativa dominant hybrid , like say 60-40 or 70-30...ok. For specific strains....just too many to list without knowing more about your grow styles etc. Do you wanna grow near pure sativas, like any of the Neville crosses or a lot of ACE's hybrids. Watever you decide i highly recommend growing with Doc's gear, inside or out. Hope this helps 013. Cheers eh.:circle-of-love:
Duggan,

Thanks for this input. I’m a chronic pain patient that’s been on opioid pain management for 2 decades. My neighbor had similar problem, burnt up his liver, had a liver transplant then died about 5 years ago from liver failure.

Like many, I smoked herb back in the 70’s & 80’s long before I had corporate responsibilities and regular urine testing. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s pure sativa or a sativa dominant hybrid so long as it checks the boxes on daytime functionality, some form of pain management / relaxed state of mind and I would prefer bigger yield.

I had hoped to harvest enough to be able to make topical oils and / or an EVOO or maybe even RSO. These are all things that in my mind - yes you are concentrating the flowers down to a more pure form, but it’s not something you would want to do if you only had one or two zips on hand or had to purchase raw bud to get there.

I’m a mediocre gardener but a county boy at heart, just give me a nudge in the right direction and I’m off to the races!

Oh yeah Duggs is a SPARKTRICIAN if I recall correctly, right? Yup we have that in common!

Thanks man!

I'll pipe in in the sativas and pain management.

Indicas will numb the pain, whereas sativas help you block it. It doesn't numb it, it just makes it to where you don't notice it. If you want to be active with pain management I personally go with the sativas. They all are a bit different and the yields will vary quite a bit based on genetics, training, and how vigorous they plant is. I've gotten an ounce off a plant and I've gotten 6 off of one in the the same sized pot. They really vary.

As Duggan stated, Ace has some nice ones. You can't go won't with their Panama or Malawi. Both are highly worked landraces and excellent sativas in their own right.
Morglie,

Appreciate your input! Yes it’s peculiar on the pain management side of things. I know an indica helps me to sleep, but I have not had a sativa in years. I don’t think thc kills my pain but it makes it more tolerable, like I’m not as mentally focused on my pain level when medicated.

So that’s Neville & Ace hybrids from Duggan and Morglie offered up Panama or Malawi.... killer, exactly the info I’m looking for.

Ok with that I’m gonna try to avoid hijacking the good doctors thread anymore.

Thanks to all for offering up your skills to the botanically ignorant!

Wait! Me too, me too. :ciao:

You can calculate yield pretty accurately, within limits. You can expect 1.5 - 2 ounces per square foot of canopy for instance. You could also calculate by gallon of soil, at about 1/2 ounce per gallon. These are yields for photos. Autos are difficult to estimate because they vary so much - not worth it in my opinion. For now, there are only two I'd be interested in. One is Cannabiogen's CBG Auto, based on their excellent Destroyer. And I've seen some Blueberry autos that look like fun - frosty and easy to grow.

The sativa question isn't that simple. And I see from the last posts that you're primarily looking for that bright functional high anyway. If you're a new grower, it's hard to recommend a true sativa for you - they're hard to grow. And you'll have to search awhile to find a sativa that fits your needs for pain relief vs the buzz. Most of the recognized pain relievers have heavy stoney highs. Instead, I'd recommend you grow a great CBD-based pain strain for that. You can experiment with various extractions, too. That way, you can catch the buzz you want from an easy sativa hybrid and mix in the CBD for body relief.

I'd suggest Y Griega for the buzz, or Carnival. Both are easy to grow with a high yield, but they go long, 12-14 weeks in bloom. If I recall correctly, Golden Tiger (That x Malawi) from Ace has a shorter bloom time and should be good for what you want.

If you start an auto or two at the same time you start longer strains, you can get a nice early harvest in 100 days, and that'd give you an idea about whether you want to keep fooling with autos or not.

You ask good questions - keep it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

I’m glad this legendary thread is up. Hi Doc! I hop the gang is bigger than ever.💚 Here’s some good grown with Doc’s creation.

0453FE69-390C-4467-82BD-30065C0F19D0.jpeg

059DB353-D882-443E-B58B-8E5A0FB68663.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom