Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hopefully, this isn't like musical talent, where unless I've got it, I can't be any good!

But seriously, I'm so passionate about this I'm sure my talent will develop as well. The plants respond with kindness....
It reminds me a lot of cooking (and everything really) there comes a time when it just all of a sudden clicks and the food begins to tell you what its doing. It seem's I've learned to read the plants and by sure acumen (maybe) get it right. Your journals really helped progress it though and now that I have grown with the kit and see what perfect is, I can reproduce the results while it making sense of it at the same time. It makes growing much more enjoyable.

It reminds me a lot of cooking (and everything really) there comes a time when it just all of a sudden clicks and the food begins to tell you what its doing. It seem's I've learned to read the plants and by sure acumen (maybe) get it right. Your journals really helped progress it though and now that I have grown with the kit and see what perfect is, I can reproduce the results while it making sense of it at the same time. It makes growing much more enjoyable.

I coudnt agree more curso. I cant wait to rock this kit.
Good to know I would have help as well. I mean Docbud legend how could you go wrong with help from the master

I coudnt agree more curso. I cant wait to rock this kit.
Good to know I would have help as well. I mean Docbud legend how could you go wrong with help from the master

I'll do what I can to help! I've got a vested interest in your success....

Just don't do what I do and deviate from the directions. I can't help myself and I despite my best efforts to tweak the results, I still can't match the results I get from just following directions!

I'm working on the assumption that small changes can be made that improve our particular crop....and since no data or previous experience is available, I am pretty much blazing the trail with a cheap machete.

You'll have excellent results if you just follow directions! Don't be like me....

Doc,

I would be willing to experiment a bit with the kit if you think it will help to determine how swaying from directions hurts, or helps the outcome. That is if my friend agrees.

I will most likely be doing 4 plants (different strains) with the kit. I would follow directions to a T for 2 of them to see the results, but would be willing to try something different on the other 2 if it would help with gathering facts to determine if other things tried helped or hurt. Whether watering differently or adding something else.

For example; using some Stump Tea or molasses on occasion when watering, or a brewed tea of some sorts. You never know, I may discover "ultra high brix" by accident, lol. If you think following to a T is best, then that's what I will do. Leaving the experimentation to you.

You know I am already using BX instead of HP, so if I flop totally and still follow directions, we will be able to determine BX to be a no-no.

I am delegating more and more of my normal flower room duties to my friend who has a little more time on his hands than I do. He isn't real keen on the spray thing, but he will do it.

I know you say the sprays are important to high brix, but until you merge the OC+ like simplicity with the high brix ingredients, spraying will be done.

Can you imagine, DB+. Simple as OC+ with high brix results.

hmmm, I guess you just answered my question in the post before mine while I was typing. Offer still stands though.

Doc,

I would be willing to experiment a bit with the kit if you think it will help to determine how swaying from directions hurts, or helps the outcome. That is if my friend agrees.

I will most likely be doing 4 plants (different strains) with the kit. I would follow directions to a T for 2 of them to see the results, but would be willing to try something different on the other 2 if it would help with gathering facts to determine if other things tried helped or hurt. Whether watering differently or adding something else.

For example; using some Stump Tea or molasses on occasion when watering, or a brewed tea of some sorts. You never know, I may discover "ultra high brix" by accident, lol. If you think following to a T is best, then that's what I will do. Leaving the experimentation to you.

You know I am already using BX instead of HP, so if I flop totally and still follow directions, we will be able to determine BX to be a no-no.

I am delegating more and more of my normal flower room duties to my friend who has a little more time on his hands than I do. He isn't real keen on the spray thing, but he will do it.

I know you say the sprays are important to high brix, but until you merge the OC+ like simplicity with the high brix ingredients, spraying will be done.

Can you imagine, DB+. Simple as OC+ with high brix results.

hmmm, I guess you just answered my question in the post before mine while I was typing. Offer still stands though.

You're welcome to experiment any way you desire!

I've decided that tweaking the soil is out. Horrible results when I tried that. I'm basically just using High Brix drenches and sprays in a manner different than recommended.

For example, the cationic drench is for soybeans, sunflower seeds, pistachio's...that sort of thing. I speculated that we're trying to grow seeds without pollenating the plant.....so I tried it.

It's more a question of "when" than what.

If I were you, I'd follow directions the first time. The results will be well worth it!

On the next go-round, perhaps I'll supply some of the veterans with a few of the other products.

Here are more pics.

There are a few of the mutant Jack Herer. There are 10 colas 12 inches or longer and 4 more 5-10 inches. The buds are forming dense and getting frosty. I'm going to predict 6 to 7 oz on that plant, based on past harvests of the same exact cutting. This plant is being grown per the directions, no crackpot theories applied by me.

There are some examples of what I look for in a vegged plant. Perky, upright posture. These are ready to bloom immediately. Since I don't have room, I'll let them go a few weeks, at which time they'll go limp at night due to the roots being all bound up. At that point, I usually take clones and cull the plants. I like to put them in bloom all happy and such.

Anyways, just some random shots. Still 3 to 4 weeks before anything gets harvested.

Sorry about the sheer volume of pics...I had the afternoon off and smoked some Gypsy this afternoon, which I almost never do before 8 or 9 PM.......and I got into taking pics and fixating on the plants. I'm not sure how much I got done, but I did water one plant with the cationic drench later in bloom than the last time I tried it.

IMG_39311.jpg

IMG_39333.jpg
IMG_39352.JPG
IMG_39373.jpg
IMG_39413.jpg
IMG_3943.JPG
IMG_39451.jpg
IMG_39461.jpg
IMG_39474.jpg
IMG_39493.jpg
IMG_39502.jpg
IMG_39512.jpg
IMG_39541.jpg
IMG_39553.jpg
IMG_39563.JPG
IMG_39604.JPG
IMG_39613.jpg
IMG_39624.jpg
IMG_39631.JPG
IMG_39642.JPG
IMG_3965.jpg
IMG_39662.JPG
IMG_39681.JPG
IMG_39693.jpg
IMG_39704.jpg
IMG_39713.jpg
IMG_39723.JPG
IMG_3974.JPG
IMG_39751.JPG
IMG_39772.jpg
IMG_39781.jpg
IMG_39792.JPG
IMG_39803.JPG
IMG_39813.JPG

No need to apologize Doc! Those pics are like crack... :trance:

I'm learning something everyday watching how you do things. Soon I'll be ordering my kit and joining you in the quest for high brix. Never thought I'd be itching to get rid of my nutes...

It's because of people like you that cannabis cultivation has such a bright future. Pushing the envelope!

No need to apologize Doc! Those pics are like crack... :trance:

I'm learning something everyday watching how you do things. Soon I'll be ordering my kit and joining you in the quest for high brix. Never thought I'd be itching to get rid of my nutes...

It's because of people like you that cannabis cultivation has such a bright future. Pushing the envelope!

I sure do appreciate that you understand what I'm doing! I'm hoping to make a living growing legal, recreational cannabis, a la winery/wine tasting.

In order to do that, we've got the abandon this prohibition style growing. Those who don't are going to get left behind so fast they won't know what hit 'em.

Its funny if you live long enough you get to see life come full circle.(Read that some where )And in your own way Doc Thats you in the 70's and early 80's it was all about your soil and some Genetics.With some home brew tea like chicken coup crap.We didn't have all the nutes.Today it seems more and more are going back to those ways.To some degree.Just an old guys opinion.keep it green love the plant peace Doc.oh and ty for all you do on here

Its funny if you live long enough you get to see life come full circle.(Read that some where )And in your own way Doc Thats you in the 70's and early 80's it was all about your soil and some Genetics.With some home brew tea like chicken coup crap.We didn't have all the nutes.Today it seems more and more are going back to those ways.To some degree.Just an old guys opinion.keep it green love the plant peace Doc.oh and ty for all you do on here

Well, that's pretty accurate!

The only difference is that today, we have the benefit of hindsight coupled with some hard science on what makes plants happy.

High Brix is basically the best of the old school, combined with the best of the science. You guys gotta come out here sometime and we can all go out and have a beer or something. Once you try the high brix weed, you'll understand.

Well, that's pretty accurate!

The only difference is that today, we have the benefit of hindsight coupled with some hard science on what makes plants happy.

High Brix is basically the best of the old school, combined with the best of the science. You guys gotta come out here sometime and we can all go out and have a beer or something. Once you try the high brix weed, you'll understand.

Am I invited? LOL
Great pics Doc! I'm not sure if you've run any OG Raskal gear like the White or White Fire, but I'd be afraid of the resin that can be had with those plants and High Brix.
High Brix Kit ? - Is there a maximum amount of time you would recommend for vegging? I have a strain that requires a good long veg for best results. Thanks again!

Am I invited? LOL
Great pics Doc! I'm not sure if you've run any OG Raskal gear like the White or White Fire, but I'd be afraid of the resin that can be had with those plants and High Brix.
High Brix Kit ? - Is there a maximum amount of time you would recommend for vegging? I have a strain that requires a good long veg for best results. Thanks again!

You can veg as long as you like, within reason.

I let roots determine the veg time. If I don't have a solid gallon of roots, I'm not comfortable transplanting and blooming. I like the root ball to be larger than the plant.

So I have a stupid question but it's not about your soil. I'm wondering what you think about using GLR for your lighting routine, ive seen it switch plants from veg to flower sooner but do you think it would have any positive/negative effect on brix?

So I have a stupid question but it's not about your soil. I'm wondering what you think about using GLR for your lighting routine, ive seen it switch plants from veg to flower sooner but do you think it would have any positive/negative effect on brix?

I have never used GLR, so take my speculation with a grain of salt.

I don't think it would have any effect on brix. The hour of light in the middle of a dark cycle merely suppresses flowering hormones enough to keep the plant from blooming.

Doc,

feel free to stop by my journal detailing my grow using your kit and offer up some advice.

Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

I did stop by and it looks fantastic!

I took these pics this morning. I had no plans today except to go wine tasting and joint smoking with my wife and some friends, so when I was doing my garden work I sampled....oh 10 or 12 hits of Jack H, Herijuana and Cherry Pie. Quality control, of course.

I went picture happy....

These pics are in order, featuring 5 plants and some vegging plants.

A couple things to note:
1.) The cationic drench bring out anthocyanins. (pigments in leaves, color change, etc.)
2.)The cationic drench brings out serious resin.

Now the yield is starting to catch up on the plants that got the special drench, so it looks like I'll be incorporating that in future kits.
Picture_001176.jpg
Picture_002174.jpg
Picture_003175.jpg
Picture_004172.jpg
Picture_005159.jpg
Picture_006147.jpg
Picture_007129.jpg
Picture_008119.jpg
Picture_009116.jpg
Picture_010116.jpg
Picture_011105.jpg
Picture_012105.jpg