Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Nope, You're good. :thumb:

When we add the amendment and water to the Pro-Mix, there's a period of time when the soil chemistry isn't healthy for plants, so we make sure by waiting for a month for everything to stabilize. After that, all's good.

The only risk is letting the soil dry out, which is understandably hard on the soil life. :cheesygrinsmiley: So we try not to do that.

I don't pay much attention to how old my soil is, unless I've mixed in more amendment.

Nope, You're good. :thumb:

When we add the amendment and water to the Pro-Mix, there's a period of time when the soil chemistry isn't healthy for plants, so we make sure by waiting for a month for everything to stabilize. After that, all's good.

The only risk is letting the soil dry out, which is understandably hard on the soil life. :cheesygrinsmiley: So we try not to do that.

I don't pay much attention to how old my soil is, unless I've mixed in more amendment.

Also I have noticed if you turn or re-mix the soil it will get hotter ;)
I have a corded temp in my bins so its easy to see when I mix it up
the temp will raise for a day or so and normally get a sweat going again.

Thank you Duggan ! Should I take as much as I can of the root ball off. They’re no where near root bound.
I'm thinking don't disturb the root ball. Just dust with roots powder and plop in the 1s.

:passitleft:
I think Duggan puts his 1s on top of the 26s just after chop. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Puffer...as Ween said..just put the whole root ball in...as is...no need to strip the existing soil off.
Yes ..my #1's with my lil ones are sitting on top of the 26ers...just until i get time to transplant into them with new 4th run soil.
I only put them on top to get them in there under the Budmaster .

Yeah, Krip is currently the guy that's making the rest of us look bad. :straightface:

It's disgusting but he just won't stop.

Yeah, Krip is currently the guy that's making the rest of us look bad. :straightface:

It's disgusting but he just won't stop.

LOL! Just making the kit look good, Brother! I wish I could take some responsibility (other than maybe finding some genetics that love kit soil! :laugh: ) but I never had plants looking anything like that in hydro - and I do a helluva lot less now! :rofl:

I never had plants looking anything like that in hydro - and I do a helluva lot less now! :rofl:

Y'know ... on a serious note, I bet that's it. You're used to spending more time at it, but you got nuttin to do now so ... you fiddle and monitor and fix little stuff that most of us let slide. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rock on!

Y'know ... on a serious note, I bet that's it. You're used to spending more time at it, but you got nuttin to do now so ... you fiddle and monitor and fix little stuff that most of us let slide. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rock on!
Actually, there's really been nothing to fix! My first kit grow, I had an issue with a Bad Azz Kush I ended up culling. That plant got DeStress and Rescue Drenches but, aside from that, I haven't done a DeStress or Rescue on anything.

And, when I was in hydro, I had a veg cab and flower tent and it was all I could manage - especially when doing the SOG which is a lot of plants to water! :laugh:

Now that I'm using the kit, I'm running a veg tent, "main" flower tent, "small" flower tent, Breeding Cabinet, and a separate shelf for clones (not to mention having a second "sponsored" journal! ;) ), so I've managed to fill up all the free time! :rofl:

Actually, there's really been nothing to fix! My first kit grow, I had an issue with a Bad Azz Kush I ended up culling. That plant got DeStress and Rescue Drenches but, aside from that, I haven't done a DeStress or Rescue on anything.

And, when I was in hydro, I had a veg cab and flower tent and it was all I could manage - especially when doing the SOG which is a lot of plants to water! :laugh:

Now that I'm using the kit, I'm running a veg tent, "main" flower tent, "small" flower tent, Breeding Cabinet, and a separate shelf for clones (not to mention having a second "sponsored" journal! ;) ), so I've managed to fill up all the free time! :rofl:

I've always said that slave labor on the farm frees up a lot of time for the grower. I simply won't take any crap from the microbial slaves.....they have to work, or I replace them with new slaves who will.

I've always said that slave labor on the farm frees up a lot of time for the grower. I simply won't take any crap from the microbial slaves.....they have to work, or I replace them with new slaves who will.
Thanks, Brother! They put in some over-time for me on this last grow!

full

There’s clearly something in the strong doses of Tea. :nomo: You’ve been giving Tea at around 50% of the Drench amount, am I remembering that right, @Mr. Krip ? (Eg ifusing 20ml TP you would have given close to 10ml Tea).

If I am remembering that right, did you do that consistently throughout the grow?

There’s clearly something in the strong doses of Tea. :nomo: You’ve been giving Tea at around 50% of the Drench amount, am I remembering that right, @Mr. Krip ? (Eg ifusing 20ml TP you would have given close to 10ml Tea).

If I am remembering that right, did you do that consistently throughout the grow?
That is correct and, yes, I do that consistently throughout the grow, including with the CAT drenches. Typically, a 10 gallon container gets 20ml of whichever drench + 10 ml of tea.

That is correct and, yes, I do that consistently throughout the grow, including with the CAT drenches. Typically, a 10 gallon container gets 20ml of whichever drench + 10 ml of tea.

Thanks can I ask how much do you mix for a 10 gal container ? 1 gallon H20 + your drench & tea ?
Just curious thanks

Thanks can I ask how much do you mix for a 10 gal container ? 1 gallon H20 + your drench & tea ?
Just curious thanks
For my #10's, I use 20 ml of drench and 10 ml of tea mixed in about 1.5 gallons of H2O (I fill a 2 gallon watering can about 3/4 full ;) )

Hey @Doc Bud not sure if you've commented yet on Krips heavy handed tea method so wondering if you can? You cannot argue with his stellar results! I was always under the impression that I needed to be careful with the tea and not give too much because it would burn the roots. (Or is that too strong brix?) If its OK. I may try it on my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom