High Electric Bill help!

kingin

So I have a Mars 2 700 watt led in a 3x3 tent . I have a decent size fan in side to circlate air inside. with a 6 inch hydro farm active air inline fan exhausting out which is a 400 cfm . My electric company rate is 10 ¢ kwh . My setup alone is about 500 watt tops . Ive only started at the end of march . So its been on two days for 16/8 then I figured I switch to 13/11 for no more than 5 days . I get my first electric bill and its 300 $ how can this be. I only run my 400 cfm exhaust inline for 13 hours with the light not tp mentioned I Dont have the control switch to turn down the fan yet but still smh .. Should I only have my exhaust on 15 every hour to exhaust the 30 min / hr heat . Im confused because 1000 watt hps guys are not paying near this much a month on their electric bill. I also just found out I have a smart meter . Any comments would help .

Re: High Electric Bill help !!!

Do you know what a baseline bill is in your house with no grow going? Also what are your neighbor's bills? My electric company tells me all the time I'm using 2d the electric my neighbors use. The lights are 700 true watt draw? Not following your mesurment of 500w for your set up... Also did you take into account generation fees.... Transmission fees.... Meter reading fees and the 1000 other fees they tack on?

I don't think the inline fan is your problem. It's not pulling more than 100w, my 800cmf full power is drawing 100w. You should check with your electrical company imo 300$ is way to much.

Yea as I'm looking at the bill now I noticed generation charge is 176.58 customers charge is 74.59. all because of 2116 kwh for the month which I know I clearly didn't use. I always unplugged everything out of my walls since o moved in besides basic refrigerator & stove. . I have electric heat and im in Pennsylvania. I just moved in so I know now to really adjust heat through out the house so the heat just doesn't kick on when it feels the need to. How much does everyone average kwp on a daily basis . They telling me 72 kwh.

Christ on a cracker man 2100kwhs??!! I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath and while I was running my setup with a 600w hps 200w inline fan, 200w worth of veg stuff in the middle of the summer with the ac on in the house we only use about 1100 kwh.... I'm in Arizona and temps get up high but inside the house stays around 78.... Swap to hps and heat your house that way or get a fireplace. The bill I'm sure will calm down durring the summer though.

Lol. Yea I have no clue how its that high. Im guessing the electric heat because we didn't know how to control it at first. & I always did hear it kick on because my girl would leave it on 71 for my son in the living room& dinning area to stay warm where he played most of the day . So she must of have had it to run 71 degrees constantly . So we will see smh . Good idea on pushing heat out throw the house. Shit everything counts lol

Run them on GLR that might help some but seems crazy I have a lot running 1000 watt 2 t-5's, 3 inline fans, circulating fans, air pumps a couple CFLS and a AC. In the summer when I turn my in ground pool pump on my bill hits 300. And that's with a lot of electronics running in the house (2-teenagers)

I had to check my electric bill after reading this thread. I've been growing since January running 2 300W PlatinumLED, and intermittently running a Mars II Hydro 600W and a PlatinumLED 600W, and for the month of February I didn't even hit 1000 KWH in a 2000 sq ft 3/2. I have gas heat which I'm sure makes a massive diffrrence. Let's see what happens when my summer AC bill arrives.

Back
Top Bottom