High from Mat-su Valley, Alaska

mtf_ak

High there, I'm new to this forum and figured since I belong to a few others and have never provided an intro. I finally would. I've been living in gorgeous, matanuska valley for 10 years almost and have been growing just about every day of it. I currently operate a medical-quality indoor grow for myself and sponser grow for a 2 medical patients and also grow outdoors every spring/summer. I'm a major pot enthusiast and love researching different pure strains of indica, sativa and different hybrids. I hold a particularly love for our local alaska strains, love talking about them and their origins and hold much pride in helping to keep a rare strain of org. MTF dom. sativa from the 1960's-70's. Looking forward to talking shop with all you growers/smokers out there!
peace and good tokin to ya! :grinjoint:

welcome always nice to see more connoisseur's and growers aboard, I grow for medicinal also but I'm from Canada. Anyways welcome to 420times!

i grew a plant from 5 seeds from schwag n someone stole it when it was a foot tall, looked like it was gunna suck ne ways lol

hey and welcome from annother newB. i too am in ak. but i live on kodiak. what strains are you intrested in that you havent seen out there yet?

White whale strains

normal 1 said:
hey and welcome from annother newB. i too am in ak. but i live on kodiak. what strains are you intrested in that you havent seen out there yet?
That's cool, I love the hunting there. I'm planning on heading to Kodiak next year for some black tail! the plants of myths are always a high interest for me as i'm sure they are for many others lol. i'f i was able to find some of the old legendary landraces of Acapulco Gold, or Panama Red i'd probably have a heart-attack. I used to think I was caught in a pipe dream when it came to strains like these. i doubt i'll ever stop searching now that I've been blessed with finding an original strain of mtf that's sativa-dominant that haden't been crossed much with NL or Maui-Wowie like most of todays, locals call it "guedo". Then last fall I was able to taste some bricked female chocolate thai but they had no idea where it was from, overseas most likely. I've also been talking to a man in homer that says he has a nothern lights strain that he's been cultivating since the late 70's! I thought I had found some G13 from a connection in vancouver but the plant looked to be more sativa, and I heard the original is more indica. Also been reading up on Afghan Kush which i hear is popping up a lot around the north cali. coast on up into B.c.
Some of todays popular strains that I'm looking foward to getting to try is White russian (AK47/WW) for one, Black domino, and Juicy Fruit! Finally was able to taste some Jack Herer, highly recommended!
What about you, which are your white whales?

Old thread, old subject. Friend told me the true MVTF has been extinct for over 20 years since I've known him. I also happen to be waiting on an order for some colombian gold, manga rosa, brazilian green sativa, and golden sativa seeds. I am meeting in SF next week and picking up some acapulco gold and chocolate thai seeds. The bay area is a great place these dayz for medical marijuana.
:roorrip:

Cheers ~

Hello Kona Time.
Please say hello to all of 420 in your own Introduction.
Sounds like you have much to add.
See you in the forums.

Back
Top Bottom