High from the ME

Arabia420

Hello there, joining you from the Middle East. This will be a long introduction and I hope I'm not breaking any rules as a first post.

First I'll answer the intro questions:

Do you grow?
I'll start my first plant today.

Do you use Cannabis for medicine?
Not really, but it definitely helps with my sleeping difficulties and addiction to alcohol.

Do you have medicinal Marijuana in your state?
Nope, it's illegal.

Do you own anything made from Hemp?
No?

Are you politically active in the movement to legalize Cannabis?
I'll be in jail if I thought about it.

So yeah, been smoking hash since forever, because that's what's almost only available where I come from. So I decided to buy some autoflower Amnesia Haze seeds and start growing my own veggies.

I will soon build my own grow box to grow indoor, I have a main sketch and location, just need to get working on it.

For the meantime I'm doing a 20ltr pot outdoor and see how it works. I have no experience at all beside Google magic, I'll germinate my first seeds today and hope everything goes well.

I'll share details of the climate and maybe get some advice:

Direct sunlight: 8 hrs (Feb) 10 hrs (Mar)*
Indirect sunlight: about 2-3 hours
Temperature (C): 16-26 (Feb) 20-30 (Mar)*
Climate: always clear, calm, and very dry.
Medium: Universal Plant Compost (Pflanzerde) in a 20ltr pot.
Humidity: around 60%

* From April onwards the temperature rises rapidly, in mid April it's 35 and above. From May to Sep it's super hot (45 to 50). In mid Oct it starts to cool down and feels like mid April. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and Mar is below 30 but very rarely goes below 15. The sunlight also significantly increases in summer, but looks like its too hot for the plant.

Problems I face:

- Couldn't find a pH tester kit here, will order online if required.
- Low sunlight duration.
- Zero experience planting anything lol.
- I have no idea when to water, use fertilizer, and etc.

Questions:

- Is the climate conditions good enough for Autoflowering?
- Is there a difference between nutrients and fertilizers? Do I need them?
- Do I need to control pH in the water for this soil?
- How often should I water the plant?

PS. The soil in the pic is all in German and Arabic. I'm actually growing tomatoes next to it because my parents saw me carrying soil and two big pots to my room and they were confused about what's going on, so I told them I've decided to grow tomatoes (you can't lie to brown parents).

So that's my plan, and hope it goes well until I build my indoor grow cabinet.
35d177c5f4d025ca4e080558572c0b54.jpg
c6c3bd750f720df5692f2f0ba3a0a9dc.jpg

Welcome Arabia420 :welcome:

Glad you joined us. And no, there are never any rules here about grow talk or we would all be guilty. :cool:

Answers? The best place is our Grow Room. You can ask quick questions here:

Forum > THE GROW ROOM > Frequently Asked Questions > Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style

And you should start a journal if you can, so we can help as you grow. Just be discreet.

As for your questions, I am a hydro grower but from what I have read, over-watering is a big problem many new growers suffer. Let it just get dry & water again. Every 2 - 3 days iirc but it always depends on conditions. Ask in the thread above or a search.

Your summer temps would bake anything in the sun so a good indoor area would be the ticket.

I am curious. What kind of hash do you get locally? Good?

Ian

Back
Top Bottom