High heat and low humidity

Ganjagrowergu

I have a little 12/12 from seed going in my 48"x32"x60" tent and I have always had problems with high heat and low humidity. Its a pretty low budget operation. I can't afford to run another a/c in my apartment.
I am looking for a lil advice is all. I was looking at diy swamp coolers, several of which I understand do not perform very well.
I'm considering using an 18 gallon tote filled with frozen milk jugs and juice bottles to either attached to my exhaust to cool/humidify the room itself, or connecting it to a passive intake vent to cool the tent itself.....
Any ideas before I crank things up another 250 watts? Can't do lights out during the day without light proofing my whole apartment, damn LEDs. Lol. Thanks

Peace

At the moment about 18% humidity, temps aren't bad yet, 80°, but I still have another 250 watts to turn on and its a big hot cfl. Last grow I fought desert like conditions 95°+ and never over 15% humidity.... only it didn't really cool off at night.
I always get under potential crops with obviously airy buds. I know its the heat, and the low humidity has lent itself to spider mites in the past.

A small humidifier is a must. Dump ice or very cold water in it 2 - 3 time a day and it will help bring those temperatures down. It takes more energy to heat damp air than dry air.

Are you growing in soil, hydro, or other (hempy, coco)? I’ve heard @Tead mention that hempy can take higher temps, but that’s pretty hot, and about to get hotter.

I have 7 micro hempys in gravel, everything else is (7 more small pots) hand watered coco mix. I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy a humidifier... I live in an unshaded 2nd floor apartment, not exactly prime growing conditions....

Look online for how to.. but build a cool mist you can probably build one for 10-20$ max.. it will increase your humidity and probably lower your temp a bit too..

I ended up shutting down my 8-23watt CFLs and keeping the plant count down. Girls are much happier with the climate change.
I am upgrading my ventilation soon. Hoping i may be able to crank out some more watts. If not my growing conditions are improved either way.
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Peace

An ultrasonic humidifier would do the trick. I use ZooMed's HygroTherm™ Humidity & Temperature Controller to control the temperature and humidity in my tent. I have a small ceramic 750W heater and ZooMed's Repti Fogger™ Terrarium Humidifier connected to it. I go through about a liter of water a day when its running at maximum while the plants are small. Use water from an RO to prevent the build-up of scale. They'll last a long time.

The HygroTherm™ can be set up to run a humidifier OR dehumidifier, and a heater OR air conditioner that run on 110V. The total load should not exceed 1000W.

I had this available from a previous interest. I like them because the humidifier is very small, and takes up very little room in the tent, or can be placed outside of the tent. These devices are available from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom