High is Not Stoned

The Mad Toker

High is not stoned
written by: ~JJ~
How do you smoke your weed?

Do you always suck the joint right down to the last hit or do you just take a couple of hits and wait for it to lift you up?

I've noticed that the trend seems to be that folks just try and get as stoned as possible - every time. Now don't get me wrong, being stoned is lots of fun and makes everything seem like an adventure, but have you ever just smoked to get high and not stoned?

Most of the time, I just take 1 or 2 hits off a joint and let it go out.
I always think that it's not enough and that I don't feel a thing - but that's just a bad habit ... after 5-10 minutes, I start to feel elated - no matter how shit a day I've had, it all fades away and I'm instantly in a bright, happy mood. Music starts to sound amazing, I notice my world around me from a different perspective and doing things like work, TV, reading, exercise, etc. feels like the best thing in the world.
In other words, I feel high.

What I don't feel is the heavy body load and the loss of co-ordination. My brain doesn't feel stupid numb and my memory is still around to tell me to feed the cat and turn the light off. I can still cope with the outside world and as far as everyone else is concerned, I look 100% sober ... just a little happier, perhaps.
I can still drive as if I'm sober (sometimes even better - more cautious). The munchies aren't as hectic, if they're there at all. I can hold interesting, intelligent conversations with people and generally carry on as normal - except that I feel like exploding with joy and happiness. :)
Plus, I don't feel so burnt the next morning.

So I guess what I'm saying to you today is that maybe you should take it down a notch - it may take a couple of tries if your tolerance is high, but believe me it feels much better. You just have to find that level where you've smoked enough to get high but not get stoned. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, like:

destroying the "Pothead" stereotype of lazy, mumbling dumbasses
you save on weed
having wonderful experiences while being alert enough to enjoy and remember them
Take it easy
~JJ~

The Mad Toker said:
High is not stoned
written by: ~JJ~
How do you smoke your weed?

Do you always suck the joint right down to the last hit or do you just take a couple of hits and wait for it to lift you up?

I've noticed that the trend seems to be that folks just try and get as stoned as possible - every time. Now don't get me wrong, being stoned is lots of fun and makes everything seem like an adventure, but have you ever just smoked to get high and not stoned?

Most of the time, I just take 1 or 2 hits off a joint and let it go out.
I always think that it's not enough and that I don't feel a thing - but that's just a bad habit ... after 5-10 minutes, I start to feel elated - no matter how shit a day I've had, it all fades away and I'm instantly in a bright, happy mood. Music starts to sound amazing, I notice my world around me from a different perspective and doing things like work, TV, reading, exercise, etc. feels like the best thing in the world.
In other words, I feel high.

What I don't feel is the heavy body load and the loss of co-ordination. My brain doesn't feel stupid numb and my memory is still around to tell me to feed the cat and turn the light off. I can still cope with the outside world and as far as everyone else is concerned, I look 100% sober ... just a little happier, perhaps.
I can still drive as if I'm sober (sometimes even better - more cautious). The munchies aren't as hectic, if they're there at all. I can hold interesting, intelligent conversations with people and generally carry on as normal - except that I feel like exploding with joy and happiness. :)
Plus, I don't feel so burnt the next morning.

So I guess what I'm saying to you today is that maybe you should take it down a notch - it may take a couple of tries if your tolerance is high, but believe me it feels much better. You just have to find that level where you've smoked enough to get high but not get stoned. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, like:

destroying the "Pothead" stereotype of lazy, mumbling dumbasses
you save on weed
having wonderful experiences while being alert enough to enjoy and remember them
Take it easy
~JJ~

Makes sense buuuuuuuuuuut i still liike getting completely fucked up

akornpatch said:
High IS stoned. Hellllooooo. Just to what level of stoniness is your high? That's the real question.
i dont think they are the same.high is like euphoric and happy, and stoned is like the couchlock and really fucked up.both are great though

He says have you ever as if all you do is smoke a blunt like a crackhead or like an alchy bum drinking till the last drop. Some of us do that, because some of us like to that,and sometimes im sure some of us just take a couple of hits. Do whatever you like to do you can still go out in your community while stoned, do whatever you want stoned and you'll enjoy it. If you wanna take the 1 or 2 hits and count on that to get you good, i'm sure you'll feel it, enjoy it, save weed, its good to do. Today i just got a bag of haze and i took 1 hit, i felt lit right away, that was enough for me. Another time i'm different though and have to kill the whole thing because i want to be blasted.

ilikebike said:
dood i only been smokin every day for like a year , well probly a lil longer and it takes me more than a blunt to my head to even start feeling sumthing

if i smoke a bowl i dont even feel high

thats seriously sucks for you....i see a big difference between being high and being stoned in the social aspect.it is much more fun when i am at home with my best friend and we are totaly stoned out of our minds just chillin by our selves, were as when we go to one of our local shows(WV DEATHMETAL BABY!) its fun just have enough in your system to enhance the experience

although there has been a few times were we were completly jonzed wondering around a concert, having everybody laugh at us, every body gets so jelous...its great

Disclaimer: Following are my PERSONAL opinions. Thanks for not flaming.

I'm going to have to completely agree. To me, getting extremely stoned is like getting drunk. There's just no reason to do it other than if you have some sort of personal problems you're trying to drown out, and if you do you need to seek some counseling before resorting to a drug to escape your reality. People would be surprised how little it takes to get you a nice, euphoric, functional high. To just get stoned outta your mind is destroying the whole purpose of enjoying marijuana. I like to get up and do things to enjoy my high rather than smoking so much that I can't even move from the couch and don't know what the hell is going on.

I've been a daily smoker on and off for several years now, and over the past few years I've realized just how little it takes to get the feeling that I go for. I can smoke half a joint or one small bong/pipe load of a potent sativa, wait about 5-10 minutes and be just where I wanna be. Even though I smoke 2-4 times a day, I can make an ounce last a few months. I'd much rather have a nice, soaring high rather than being some fucked up pothead that's no more good to society than an alcoholic.

I love to get high as a bastard if i got the funds$$--but conserving also give me a good feeling. Blueberry gave me the most euphoric, care free high of my life. It made me want to go out and do things. I hate bowling, but I was in such a happy carefree mood after toking BB, that i enjoyed it and laughed off everyones critisizm on how much i sucked at bowling.

75% of the time I just get high, with the same results as listed on the first post, but sometimes at night, when you're with your buds, smoking buds, it's nice to get fucking stoned out of your mind. Even so, my tolerance is such that I never really get stoned like i used to...

DaHui said:
Well said.

I like doing both, depends on my mood and what I need to do.. At a party for instance, getting 'high' is way better then getting 'stoned', you can still interact and have nice convos with people and enjoy the party. :icon_cool

My personal goal at partys is to get WASETED, and I do:cheesygrinsmiley: Actually stoned generally works better for me personally because if I keep it stoned I don't ever get nausia.

^^ILIKEBIKE, I like your Pic there. Burnouts kick ass!

Taking anything to a point of excess is inherently bad. Period. Be it drink, jogging, apple pie, or sex. I've been smoking da shit for over 30 years, and two hits usually gets a fine buzz going, that's all I persoanlly need, it keeps my normally hyper ass in a fine low altitude glide, and I can forget we have an idiot for a president.

SX420 said:
I tend to get stoned. I'm stoned pretty much all day. There may be periods where I go from stoned, to just high, but Im usually stoned. Unless I have to drive somewhere. Then I try to avoid smoking until the driving chores are taken care of. :cheesygrinsmiley: Once in awhile, I will just wait till 4:20pm to smoke. Its just cool the first high of the day coming at 4:20pm :laughtwo:

sheet mang, first high of the day comes at 4:20 am

Brett2theMax said:
My personal goal at partys is to get WASETED, and I do:cheesygrinsmiley: Actually stoned generally works better for me personally because if I keep it stoned I don't ever get nausia.

^^ILIKEBIKE, I like your Pic there. Burnouts kick ass!

U wanan know something funny>?? in the full size pic of my avatar, u can see a fog machine rite on the side of the car hahah so its not even doin a burnout!!!!

I just smoke all day everyday. Being high is normal for me. Im always feeling like im floating and like the only downside to it is that people get pissed at me caus eil be tlakign and forget what im talkign about and just bumble on abotu nothing. But i jsut smoke all day everyday so in honesty i just dont egt no hgiher.

I dont really agree with people who say that getting completely stoned is a waste, ive had some of my funnest times when im totally stoned out of my mind. With that said, its always nice to just have 3 or 4 bongs and just have a really chill, euphoric high. I find that when im really stoned i think up some pretty cool and random stuff but when im high i have a greater appreciation for things like nature and music.

Back
Top Bottom