High pH how to drop?

Blackpanth

Hello I've been having problems with this whole ph thing since I've started growing. This will be my first plant if it makes it that far lol but the whole question is how do I lower my ph of the soil to a 6.5 if it's at an 8 now? Changed it to ocean farms soil and that's suppose to be at a 6.4-6.8 ph. And it's still high 7s. I run 6.5 water through it to water her and stuff but I feel like she's having some ph problems and it's still not dropping just trying to get some information before the bottom leaves keep turning brown with spots:( I added organic sulfur to try and drop the ph but if anything it seems like it's going up. Don't quite understand and any help would be greatly appreciated!

How are you checking the PH of the soil? As many ways of doing that are just a "ballpark" figure, as your measured reading is only as good as your gauge or method. More info and pics will probably help get you help faster and also more accurate help:

How to Ask for Grow Support

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I'm still quite new at this as haven't been doing this a year yet so I"m not much help, but lots of knowledgeable folks here. Just easier if they don't have to play "20 questions" to help you narrow down your problem and pictures also will help them give you more accurate help (as sometimes it can be multiple things going on same time).

I am using a 2 prong ph soil rod that's green it checks the light wetness and ph of the soil and I also bought the sample tests where you put the soil in the tube add water and everything but I heard those are not very accurate for me not to really use those. But it just seems like she's getting worse keeps moving up the plant it seems on the 5 and starting on some 7 leaves started on the 3 leaves but don't want it to hit the 9 leaves lol

What Strain is it? Not to sure it's a bag seed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?think sativa
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?from germination to now about 8 weeks so 2 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?no
Indoor or Outdoor?indoor/outdoor lol
Soil or Hydro?soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?ocean fox farms soil
If Soil... What Size Pot?3 gallon going to switch to a 5 gallon next week
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 125w cfl
Is it Air Cooled? No has a fan in there though
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Around 8 or high 7s
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering?about every 4th or5th day till the top of the grow medium is little damp. Plus I have that ph meter which tells me the wetness so I make it go down to about 3 till it's close in the dry zone
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?just have put bat guano and some soil acidifier so try and acidity the soil and drop the ph.
Size or Square Footage of Room?4 foot by 5 foot

IMG_068249.JPG
IMG_067953.JPG
IMG_068551.JPG

Just went out and bought a 5 gal bucket to transplant her and bought some happy frog soil stuff hopefully it works out or atleast drop the ph back to neutral atleast and steady water with 6.5 ph not to sure...

So I just went and transplanted her and I'm realllly confused now I water a little bit before adding her in out a little water in the medium put her in more soil on top and ran phed 6.5 through her and she's reading at 7.4-7.7 on the run off water! The soil itself is showing around there as well how do i drop this soil ph to a 6.5? Really not to sure what's going on here can anyone please help out?

Back
Top Bottom