High Yielding Strains?

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone!

So as the title says im after any info on any high yielding strains you have grown, i only would like to know of strains with a max flowering time of 9 weeks.

Im more of an indica lover but im open to hybrids too, im also interested in strains that have strong background genetics that defend great against pests & mould, i grow northern lights and its a fantastic strain but that strain does suffer from bud rot even in the best environments as iv dealt with a fair few times.

I wont be doing any type of training just letting them grow as normal, coco grown, 4x8 tent, 8 plants, 1800w of HPS light.

Information and links to seed banks would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Dinafem Critical+ Auto was one of my highest yielding strains, photos included. Skunk and Big Bud genetics. The Big Bud shows in the yield. Hybrid, balanced effect. Very few leaves, super easy to trim. It's an auto so it's fast.

I am loving Northern LightsxBig Bud autos from @SeedsMan. I grew it once under @TimberGrowLights and have another being finished in natural sunlight. The plant looks strong and healthy from start to finish with big sticky buds. Definitely will be getting more down the line. If you are interested in autos, would highly recommend.

I should have really said no autos as it costs me a fortune for permanent 18/6, but i have wondered about the Northern Lights x Big Bud, iv also got a Royal Queen Seeds Critical seedling that iv heard can create big yields too.

Im on growing some Sensi Seeds Super Skunk now, iv also taken some cuttings from a mother plant too, im wondering if there is a strain that is crossed with a superskunk x big bud x critical? if there isnt i may try and cross breed them, what would peoples thoughts be on that?

Here is my Super Skunk iv got in one of my garden grows at the moment.

The photo Critical should do you well and I've had good results with other RQ seeds. I've heard great reviews on the Super Skunk, not pertaining to yield but the high so you'll probably be pleased with that too. Yield per watt, autos can be more cost effective than photos. Although you're burning the light 18 hrs a day, you're doing it significantly less days. You have to have a good yielding strain though. Probably not telling you anything you don't already know there.

Yeah iv not noticed any other forums on the yield status for Super Skunk but im sure going to take some cuttings of the critical, iv grown northern lighht autos before but the amount of weeks the 18/6 were on was a bit too much.

Iv also got some Northern Light seedlings growing too which is a very good strain for generous yields but the problem is i always seem to loose between 2-5% of my yield, i dont know wether its true or not but the more denser the nug the more chance there is at bud rot.

Im quite excited to see how this Super Skunk turns out, im hoping its a great yielder, yeah iv tried it before and it knocked my socks off, physically and mentally.

One thing to consider is that quality does not always go with quantity. There are other genetics out there that will produce more. Grow techniques are the best way to improve yield.
Bud rot happens more in hard buds but it is still a genetic thing. Lots of rock hard strains don't get any bud rot at all. Environmental factors come into play when it comes to plant problems. Changing genetics will not help if it is a environmental problem. Looks like the genetics that you have going now are good choices to try.

I've had really good luck with Purple Haze from Dr Krippling (purple urkle x haze). My favorite grow to date, decent yield and a fantastic hybrid that all my stoner friends love. A chill, happy productive buzz but not too wired (think "I really enjoy doing dishes" kind of buzz)
Now I'm having a hard time finding those seeds again and really wish I had kept some cuts :(

Just tried having a search for them there for you but no look.

I have since found a strain named Big Nugs from Seedsman that is a 6-7 week finisher with a genorous yields of 450-550gr/m2.

If thats the case i think this would be a great strain for me to try, if i left them till week 8-9 that means i would have a great above 50% amber trichomes.

I would like to find another :420:member to grow the same strain side by side to compare the strain, i think that would be a great way to find out if it is as fast as well as generous.

awesome! I'll look that up. I'm in the middle of flowering hindu kush, and have great white shark and mango lined up behind them in veg...BUT am considering getting some incredible bulk (big bud x super skunk x green spirit) to try down the line in my perpetual SOG to get some weight in my stash. Also curious about some good strains that would work well in a perpetual clone to SOG setup.

Iv tried that Incredible Bulk, was not the best smoke for me, i think the problem is it was crispy so not dried and cured properly, i may try it but i just want try a few short flowering strains first.

Northern lights is a great strain for sog or anything else for that matter, i buy them from Royal Queen Seeds and they claim there 100% indica, with the perfect environment and lights ect it yields great, i harvest at 8 weeks with 70/30 cloudy/amber trichomes, iv got 2 growing right now in veg in my multiple grow journal.

Im growing Critical too which is supposed to be a great yield too.

I should have really said no autos as it costs me a fortune for permanent 18/6, but i have wondered about the Northern Lights x Big Bud, iv also got a Royal Queen Seeds Critical seedling that iv heard can create big yields too.

Im on growing some Sensi Seeds Super Skunk now, iv also taken some cuttings from a mother plant too, im wondering if there is a strain that is crossed with a superskunk x big bud x critical? if there isnt i may try and cross breed them, what would peoples thoughts be on that?

Here is my Super Skunk iv got in one of my garden grows at the moment.

Hell yer. Id love to see that cross

Iv tried that Incredible Bulk, was not the best smoke for me, i think the problem is it was crispy so not dried and cured properly, i may try it but i just want try a few short flowering strains first.

Northern lights is a great strain for sog or anything else for that matter, i buy them from Royal Queen Seeds and they claim there 100% indica, with the perfect environment and lights ect it yields great, i harvest at 8 weeks with 70/30 cloudy/amber trichomes, iv got 2 growing right now in veg in my multiple grow journal.

Im growing Critical too which is supposed to be a great yield too.
I havent finised them off yet but im running a rqs critical(sloth), a gh lemon skunk(11) and eva seeds gipsy haze(conan). All of which are supposed to be super heavy yields.

cool, thanks for the smoke report. Like you said, could've been all in the cure though.
I still consider myself a novice/hobbyist, yet when I tried some bud (from several dispensaries) in Denver it was so dry it was like smoking sawdust. Had to keep a bottle of cold water on hand to soothe my throat between puffs. I was like "Dayum, I barely know what I'm doing and my shit's WAY more enjoyable than this..."
I did a few Northern Lights autos on my 2nd grow and really enjoyed the smoke. That stash is almost gone and have been considering doing a photo SOG of it. Really pleasant high, best I could describe it was like when you bite into fresh warm baked bread with a little butter on top and go "mmmmm" LOL, maybe just me?

Best yield I ever got from a grow was Critical Kush. Smooth-smoking indica that finished in less than 9 weeks after the start of flowering. Might be what you're looking for. Nice quality, too.

cool, thanks for the smoke report. Like you said, could've been all in the cure though.
I still consider myself a novice/hobbyist, yet when I tried some bud (from several dispensaries) in Denver it was so dry it was like smoking sawdust. Had to keep a bottle of cold water on hand to soothe my throat between puffs. I was like "Dayum, I barely know what I'm doing and my shit's WAY more enjoyable than this..."
I did a few Northern Lights autos on my 2nd grow and really enjoyed the smoke. That stash is almost gone and have been considering doing a photo SOG of it. Really pleasant high, best I could describe it was like when you bite into fresh warm baked bread with a little butter on top and go "mmmmm" LOL, maybe just me?
One of the best things about home grows is that you can cure it to your own tastes!

I have 9 royal critical from rqs vegging heard the yields are up there with not too shabby 18%thc.

Just ordered some glueberry og from Dutch passion as it's described xl yields but not a lot out there regards too what people have yielded from it but it's meant be a killer smoke.

I was also looking at California orange strain from expert seeds. They state 700g per m/2 and 21%thc. I think it's lineage is jack the ripper but it's deffo one I'm going too try in the future.

Its a minefield with so many strains but if you have your environment and grow room dialled in you can't go far wrong.

I have got Super Skunk in at the moment, thats a strain i wont be growing after the clones have flowered, they do not like to be in 28c tents, my Super Lemon Haze on the other hand are doing wonderful, such a hardy strain just takes to long to flower.

Iv got a Critical from RQS in veg at the moment, tell you another great strain from them is Northern Lights, that does give big yields and you can chop at 8 weeks!

Yeah its been so hot in our country at the moment and im struggling to keep the room and tent warm, iv got a 1500 & 1000 cfm acoustic fan sucking the hell out of it and still sat at 28c even with an air con unit in there!

Where you at. I'm in the UK and it's been hot. Max temps reaching 33c and sometimes 25c lights off but that's only been for the odd hour here and there so my plants have coped in fact got a gorilla cookies and they are thriving. The low humidity has been a god send in flower. Deffo going have to get the air con going at some point though.

Thats where i am mate, yeah i get scared going anywhere near 29c never mind 33c, id be climbing the walls haha.

Argos has a challenge air cooler in mate £99.99 its working semi okay, as long as you keep the air filter towards something cool it works, you can also put ice cubes in the tank, £100 its worth a shot and if it doesnt do what you want just take it back, easiest bit is theres no putting things together so you can just easily box it back up.

Back
Top Bottom