HighTechRasta's 1000W China LED COCO 4x3 2in1 Tent Perpetual SCROG With BruceBanner & Bagseed

All coming together nicely Rasta, your a week and a half behind me....and it looks sweet compared to my last pics I just took...well done.

You're gettin there. The trics look mostly cloudy, some clear and no ambers yet. I spot a minor cal deficiency, unless that's genuine nute burn on the tips. Also, I believe it may have been me that convinced you to terminate the stretch early so the tent doesn't get too stuffed, well if so, ignore me next time I say that. The big one stopped at about the right height, but the other 2-3 could have grown up another foot and you'd have more bud to worry about trimming.

Almost there, but not fully happy with the results. I was expecting the buds to be thicker. I see it all drying out to
some scraggly larfy looking situation. All I can say is, environmental control in a tent is fuggin tough!! I actually
think it's damn near impossible to dial-in in a small tent. You have to pull air through so hard to combat heat,
that you can't control humidity properly. Looking at this VPD chart 10 times a day, I'm sure is not helping my
stress levels!

I'm trying to hold the temp @ 26.5c/80f, because the ideal leaf-surface temp is 28c/82f. That means I need my
humidity @ at least 60% with ideal being 75%. Well, I tried that for a day and it turned my apartment into a swamp!
So I see this only happening with a dehumidifier in the main-space. Might as well just run a hose from the dehumidifier's drain to the humidifier's fill tank in the tent right, like what in the actual F! Yup, a little frustrated
with this. I can do it, just don't like the method! I got a proper light, I got the RO filter, got humidifiers, now getting
a dehumidifier this week. I've also got a new bug in my head, I want to add the 5-15min far-red initiator lights, that put the plants to sleep properly and stop the bed wetting(lights out humidity).

Yes Sky, that's heavy nute burn on the tips of that one plant. That one plant is not happy with the nutes, but I
decided it can just suffer, as the other 3 are ok. It's a bagseed and the 2 cuttings I took from it are not behaving
well either, so it's destined to leave my space forever. My flower space will always be fed from a res, so I need to
stick to strains that play well together.

Yes Sky, I was leaning on you for flip/stretch guidance. But I've since confirmed that despite what the grow
data says, Bruce Banner is known to just stop dead in it's tracks on flip, thanks LOKIgro. So, no worries Bro.

I'm having a rough day...
:nomo:

If you're getting a dehumidifier, maybe instead consider a portable AC. Same footprint, same components more or less, except one can pump cold air into your inlet, but I'm pretty sure the AC can dry the air too. I might be doing a little VPD tinkering this summer myself. I have 2 Arduino Megas, plenty of relay modules, 3 DHT22 sensors and pre-existing code on github I can pick at and make a new project of. I'm not looking forward to it, but I might have to if I hope to grow high brix in hydro.

If you're getting a dehumidifier, maybe instead consider a portable AC. Same footprint, same components more or less, except one can pump cold air into your inlet, but I'm pretty sure the AC can dry the air too. I might be doing a little VPD tinkering this summer myself. I have 2 Arduino Megas, plenty of relay modules, 3 DHT22 sensors and pre-existing code on github I can pick at and make a new project of. I'm not looking forward to it, but I might have to if I hope to grow high brix in hydro.

My place has central AC, temp is set to 22c/72f. For some reason it can't keep up with the humidity and the
RH in my whole apartment floats between 47-50%. I would like my apartment RH to be under 40%, I have a
lot of computers and electronics. I'm able to get temps where I want it by adjusting my exhaust fan speed,
just need to get my humidity levels dialed in.

Arduinos, I'm in. I can't contribute on the code side of things, but happy to duplicate and test beside you.

:ganjamon:

Arduinos, I'm in. I can't contribute on the code side of things, but happy to duplicate and test beside you.

The code has already been written years ago. All I'd need to do is connect the hardware, map the pins being used then pretty much copy/paste the bits of code I need to achieve the desired results. Motivation to do it is the current hurdle in front of me, lol.

Skybound420/Skydroponics

There's an 8 head peristaltic pump over the internet mixed into that BTW. I got hung up due to needing plastic switchable valves. What I needed does not exist and I got into 3D printing as a result to design my valves. I did, but printed valves don't hold water well.

She’ll bounce back

I actually think I already see a tiny bit of recovery now,
they were fed 1 hour ago and that one got extra by hand.
I think there's value in posting my mistakes too though.

Hey, did you see that new Dr.Seeds thread?
I got all outspoken again in there, but I'm sure I just said
what other's were thinking and not saying, there were hours of crickets
between the last post before I posted...

Hey Rasta!
Nice save mate, ....hehehe.
Is why I hand water, dont trust anything other than my ability to totally root it up by myself....

9 Weeks Flower

Not an Amber Trichome in sight... Grrrrr

The full canopy shot.

Front Left, unknown sativa dominant bagseed.

Front Right, Bruce Banner bagseed #2

Rear Right, Bruce Banner bagseed #1.

Rear Left, Unknown Performer in the Back.

Now for close up bud shots, in the same order...

I've been a little absent, but an update was in order.
Talk soon...

10 Weeks Flower (pics from few weeks ago)

Upper Deck

Below Deck

Front Left Sativa

Front Left Bud Close Up

Front Right Bruce Banner #2

Front Right Bud Close Up

Rear Right Bruce Banner #1

Rear Right Bud Close Up

Rear Left Hybrid

Rear Right Bud Close Up

Was still no sign of amber trichomes, let her run...

:thumb:

Harvest Update...

I found this thread about "Low and Slow Dry" just in time for harvesting this crop.
The refined method I'm subscribing to goes like this:

1. Cut down plants, remove all leaves except for sugar leaves, trim back any sugar leaves to 2cm/3/4in,
if any foliar sprays or foliar feed was employed do a bud-wash and hang dry for 4hrs.
2. Cut all buds from stems, if saving top-colas bag them separate. Place buds in Paper Bags 3/4 full.
Fold over last 2cm/3/4in and close with 2 paper clips.
3. Place bags in frost-free fridge, stacked if needed but spaced allowing air exposure to bag exteriors.

Fridge should be a frost-free that can hold a temp between 5-8c / 41-46f.
Fridge performance is directly dependent on the conditions of the room it's in!
Ideally the room will have a temp of 22-24c / 71-75f with RH of 35-40%.

4. Flip, turn, rotate, jostle bags 2-4 times a day for the first 4-5 days. The bags will be moist
and the RH and smell will be high during this period, if the moisture freaks you out open the
fridge door often like a fridge burp during the same 4-5 days. For the next 2 weeks, flip, turn,
rotate, jostle 1nce a day.
5. At 2 weeks, test a bag of each strain by placing it in a container with a Hydrometer
outside the fridge for 2-3hrs. Anything over 68%, back in the fridge. Different strains will take
differing amounts of time to finish, top-colas you bagged separate will also take longer.
6. When buds reach <68%RH into jars with 62% IntegraBoost/Boveda humidity packs.
Store jars in dark cool place and burp often for the first week or so watching for the 62% RH
then cure as normal.

There are many variations to this method now, but this is my refined version.

This is what worked for me on this round...

My apartment has central AC, temp set at 22c but floats 22-24c.
My RH in the apartment is set at 40% with a NOMA 70pint DH, floats 35-38%.
(all my dehumidifier water goes right back in the plants mixed with RO)
My Full size fridge is stable @ 5c and 30-35%RH.
During my 2 week flush, I use Humic and Fluvic in the form of GH Diamond Nectar @ 2ml/Gal.
Cut plants down, no wash, trimmed fan leaves, slight sugar leaf trim for consistency, cut all buds from
stems except very tops of colas. Into lunch bags, filled 3/4 laying flat, ends folded over 1/2in
and sealed with 2 paper clips, bag then manipulated to hold box-like shape. Bags stacked in
fridge with 1in gaps between and criss crossed like Jenga, allowing proper air flow. First 4 days
flipped bags twice a day while being greeted with wonderful smells! Got a good feeling for the
weight of the bags for further judging moisture content, worth paying attention to and get
a feel for going forward. After, just flipped them once a day. Important thing to note at this point
is different strains finish at different times. When ready @ 68% into jars for 2 daily 1hr burps, then
they get an IntegraBoost @ 62% for the cure and store. What incredible success! At this point in the
process, every opening of every jar puts me on my ass! Every sample smoke does the same! The smells,
the flavors, the highs, the smoothness, the look(bag appeal), everything is far beyond what I thought I
would have achieved on this first and indoor hydroponic grow in like 20yrs! I'm way beyond happy with
the results and can see no other way of finishing my flower. I'm an advocate now and educate anyone
that will listen, generally anyone listening has sampled my bud witch helps diminish all the worry and doubt... LoL

Humidity Packs, I've been using Boveda for about 8yrs. I have a tupperware with 4 packs taped inside
and always stored my purchased bags of flower in there for revival/storage. It makes a huge difference
on every bag I bought over the years, I remained loyal to the method immediately upon discovery!
Well now I'm using IntegraBoost packs and they are awesome! I even moved some bags from current
Boveda storage to IntegraBoost and it made a positive difference in smell after 3-4 days. The only thing
I could find for sure was that the IntegraBoost is made of a "Salt-free glycerin gel" which is supposed to be
the magic sauce that maintains flavor, potency and aroma.
Boveda packs are made with Salts+water in a patented film that only lets water vapor through.
I guess I'll be looking into this glycerin tech to see what's up...

Trimming, Get yourself and any additional trimmers a Trim Tray/Bin.
I got the Trim Bin by Harvest More.

The initial branches were cut off and placed in this bin for collection, then all trim work
was done in or over this bin. I trimmed all my sugar leaves and fan leaves with frost on
them into this bin. It sure made the process neat, clean and contained!

The bin, with the trimmings still in it drying out...

was visited daily by me and my brother and the trim given a crunching up and some shakes on the bin.

Well, what a treat for my efforts to lift it up and brush a small mountain of trichomes for my smoking reward!

This pic has the 3rd amount of collection...

The entire bounty minus about 2gr.

I put tiny sprinkles into joints for a treat, any more and it won't burn right.
My Bro vaped some in his e-nail, excellent feedback!

I wish I found this earlier and will be purchasing this one going forward,
the Trim Tray by Heavy Harvest

I'll report when I get one...

Due to pic count, continued in next post...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom