History of Marijuana Illegalization

Tiger Bass

Rather detailed video about the illegalization of marijuana. I think its an actual movie though. Dont know if its been posted already. The video is called "Grass" and when I searched for it on here...well, you know.

https://www.jonhs.net/freemovies/grass.htm

ummmmmm...hemp and all its cousins were outlawed because of the lumber industry. FOLLOW THE MONEY as User would say. Hemp was the main source of fiber for textiles and paper and big lumber companies wanted their cut. Local, state and federal governments and police agencies found out that there were huge profits of their own to be made if cannabis and other drugs remained on the lists of illegal substances. Imagine if cannabis were legalized in the same way alcohol is. There would be no need for major narcotics task forces spending billions of YOUR dollars to try and (what a joke) fight it. When police agencies raid a grow-op or anyone old dealer for that matter, they keep all monetary proceeds for themselves instead of giving it back to society in a useful way such as to homeless shelters, for instance. It's a money grab. It justifies their jobs to themselves. They're a self serving entity that don't actually benefit anyone. If you think the government wants drugs to be kept illegal because they want to protect you, think again. They don't give a shit about you. Throwing someone into jail for growing weed is positive proof of that. When you have all the power, it's tough for the little guy to ever get the upper hand again even though it's the little guy that feeds those in power. Frightening, isn't it?

During the years 1916-1937, William Randolph Hearst created a yellow journalism campaign to associate hemp with marijuana. Even though smoking hemp, like most fibers, will just make you sick, Hearst, along with his friend Pierre Dupont, succeeded in outlawing hemp in America. They actually robbed the world of an environmental cash crop.

I'll risk getting banned for tossing a link into a thread but at the same time I'll say the link is cannabis related and educational. I've opened the link in IE and Firefox. It's safe and has no pop-ads.
Hemp industrial hemp conspiracy books marijuana hemp oil products

I think of smoking weed as one form of civil disobedience. It hurts nobody but says something about what I think of government policies that do not have support from the majority of the important people, YOU AND I! Hemp could easily solve so many problems we're facing but at the expense of putting oil companies out of business. Like I said before, once in power, always in power (big oil)

Stay safe, y'all. :smokin:

^ Spot on...it was all about the money. A man by the name of Harry Anslinger (who we should all despise) had a lot to do with it too.

Edit: I'm sure it was also industries involved with plastics as well...

Yeah, I hate that guy now. He was well covered in the movie.

Gorillabuds said:
ummmmmm...hemp and all its cousins were outlawed because of the lumber industry. FOLLOW THE MONEY as User would say. Hemp was the main source of fiber for textiles and paper and big lumber companies wanted their cut. Local, state and federal governments and police agencies found out that there were huge profits of their own to be made if cannabis and other drugs remained on the lists of illegal substances. Imagine if cannabis were legalized in the same way alcohol is. There would be no need for major narcotics task forces spending billions of YOUR dollars to try and (what a joke) fight it. When police agencies raid a grow-op or anyone old dealer for that matter, they keep all monetary proceeds for themselves instead of giving it back to society in a useful way such as to homeless shelters, for instance. It's a money grab. It justifies their jobs to themselves. They're a self serving entity that don't actually benefit anyone. If you think the government wants drugs to be kept illegal because they want to protect you, think again. They don't give a shit about you. Throwing someone into jail for growing weed is positive proof of that. When you have all the power, it's tough for the little guy to ever get the upper hand again even though it's the little guy that feeds those in power. Frightening, isn't it?

During the years 1916-1937, William Randolph Hearst created a yellow journalism campaign to associate hemp with marijuana. Even though smoking hemp, like most fibers, will just make you sick, Hearst, along with his friend Pierre Dupont, succeeded in outlawing hemp in America. They actually robbed the world of an environmental cash crop.

I'll risk getting banned for tossing a link into a thread but at the same time I'll say the link is cannabis related and educational. I've opened the link in IE and Firefox. It's safe and has no pop-ads.
Hemp industrial hemp conspiracy books marijuana hemp oil products

I think of smoking weed as one form of civil disobedience. It hurts nobody but says something about what I think of government policies that do not have support from the majority of the important people, YOU AND I! Hemp could easily solve so many problems we're facing but at the expense of putting oil companies out of business. Like I said before, once in power, always in power (big oil)

Stay safe, y'all. :smokin:

I like your view!

With no disrespect to any good cops out there, the few that do exsist!

I'd just like to add that most pig headded cops were bullied at school and to protect them from the intimidation again, they hide behind their uniform.

shadylady said:
I like your view!

With no disrespect to any good cops out there, the few that do exsist!

I'd just like to add that most pig headded cops were bullied at school and to protect them from the intimidation again, they hide behind their uniform.

That is so true

The combination of forces, CORPORATE FORCES, is the best answer. I've written an environmental blog for 3 years and either oil, lumber, or coal is behind everything detrimental to the health of the earth. When we think oil we forget that plastics all the way to body lotion is involved.

I don't know how many blogs I've written that stated Corporate America is polishing its crown but hasn't put it on yet. It's pretty much wearing that crown now with only 1% of the population holding all the wealth. Looks like an oligarchy to me. It'll be interesting to watch as a new movement to oust the very, very rich snakes from their nests unfolds.

Hemp should be on the environmentally friendly list of crops to look at for the future! Those that stand behind legalization need to join forces with environmentalists for more power to fight the snakes. With Exxon Mobil alone clearing 4.1 billion in profits/qtr not long ago it's not going to be easy.

Back
Top Bottom